our squad

corbyloyal84

does it not really say alot about our current squad that the only player who has been linked with a move is Lee Wallace? we had a great opportunity to rebuild from the bottom up and it seems to have been wasted with nothing learnt from the past few years. now i know we had only days to build a squad last season but the amount of money we have wasted on pish is frightening

does it not really say alot about our current squad that the only player who has been linked with a move is Lee Wallace? we had a great opportunity to rebuild from the bottom up and it seems to have been wasted with nothing learnt from the past few years. now i know we had only days to build a squad last season but the amount of money we have wasted on pish is frightening

Trying too hard there mate....

well no but if our current financial situation is as bad as people say it is you would think there would be clubs lining up with silly bids for our players but there isnt

Because most of our players are overpaid and playing poorly.

Not many are going to take the chance on footballers playing against the shite we play every week.

Because most of our players are overpaid and playing poorly.

Not many are going to take the chance on footballers playing against the shite we play every week.

We do have talent in our squad. You only have to look.

But go on and run them down if it suits you.

We could class Black as an International player i wonder if people would be so protective of him?

Lee Wallace has been the highlight of our game and if we lost him I'm afraid then we are not just stepping backwards but losing a fantastic pro and future Captain.

We do have talent in our squad. You only have to look.

But go on and run them down if it suits you.

I clearly didn't mention talent.

I mentioned our players are playing poorly and most are on wages other teams wouldn't pay them because they have not shown they are worth it.

Hope that is simple enough for you to take in champ.

We have a fair bit of talent within our squad but as we are playing in the Scottish 3rd div I'm not in the least surprised that English teams are not coming in for our players Scottish teams couldn't afford them.

Hell we're putting players out on loan to the division above where we're playing.

Onward & upward GERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The vast majority of the players we have now, would not have got a sniff at a start in the Season 2011 -2012 team, we all know that. As for these players being overpaid. There is a reason for that, players are not going to play 3 levels below what they were playing at, for the same money they were on at previous clubs, and neither are they going to come on a one year contract. All the players, with the exception of Stevie Smith and perhaps Richard Foster had other offers from clubs either in England, or in the SPFL. So to get them to Rangers, we had to pay over the odd, I wish to Christ that some on here would grasp that.

The only place buying players aren't interested in those who can't pass a ball 10 yards in the 3rd tier of Scottish Football. When you add to the fact we are paying the second highest wages in Scotland we can't give them away either.

All in all a mighty fuck up.

Thinking that myself. Low post count negative posts about us quoting an anti Rangers paper just as the momentum is in our favour, comes up with this and after 16 months doubles his post count in 2 days. I smell a rat.

away and fuck your post count is hardly high itslelf but yea you smell a rat can say wot you want about me dibt ever call me one of them

The vast majority of the players we have now, would not have got a sniff at a start in the Season 2011 -2012 team, we all know that. As for these players being overpaid. There is a reason for that, players are not going to play 3 levels below what they were playing at, for the same money they were on at previous clubs, and neither are they going to come on a one year contract. All the players, with the exception of Stevie Smith and perhaps Richard Foster had other offers from clubs either in England, or in the SPFL. So to get them to Rangers, we had to pay over the odd, I wish to Christ that some on here would grasp that.

Totally agree but here in lies the problem - Ally or whoever should not have targeted these players. We should have been able to build a solid team for say a million a year tops in wages and still strolled through the divisions. This way we could have stockpiled 20 million or so and really went for it first year back and we also wouldn't have any of this being skint shite