our squad

corbyloyal84

Totally agree but here in lies the problem - Ally or whoever should not have targeted these players. We should have been able to build a solid team for say a million a year tops in wages and still strolled through the divisions. This way we could have stockpiled 20 million or so and really went for it first year back and we also wouldn't have any of this being skint shite

i said this earlier but got called a tim we coulld of used that money wisely but instead spunked it up the wall on pish

Totally agree but here in lies the problem - Ally or whoever should not have targeted these players. We should have been able to build a solid team for say a million a year tops in wages and still strolled through the divisions. This way we could have stockpiled 20 million or so and really went for it first year back and we also wouldn't have any of this being skint shite

I wouldnt go as far as to say 20 million mate but what I will agree with is that if we were always destined to be watching shite every week we might as have been paying the going rate for shite, rather than the crazy sums of money we are paying for it just now. We could have went into summer 2015 with a decent wad of cash and we most certainly would not be talking about "another 5 years to challenge Celtic".

The questions are A ) why were these signings sanctioned and b ) Why did the manager believe he needed SPL players to win the 3rd, 2nd and 1st divisions.

These division can be won at a canter for a fraction of what its costing us. And its not just the monetary cost Im talking about either. Our recovery has been severely affected by this policy but unless you sit on the board you've not to be accountable.

I wouldnt go as far as to say 20 million mate but what I will agree with is that if we were always destined to be watching shite every week we might as have been paying the going rate for shite, rather than the crazy sums of money we are paying for it just now. We could have went into summer 2015 with a decent wad of cash and we most certainly would not be talking about "another 5 years to challenge Celtic".

The questions are A ) why were these signings sanctioned and b ) Why did the manager believe he needed SPL players to win the 3rd, 2nd and 1st divisions.

These division can be won at a canter for a fraction of what its costing us. And its not just the monetary cost Im talking about either. Our recovery has been severely affected by this policy but unless you sit on the board you've not to be accountable.

Dont know mate, if what they are saying is true that the wage bill is say £7 mil a season then 3 years x 6 mil = 18 at the end plus the interest on that. Using a paraphrased quote from ally ' back of fag packet accountancy' this seems about right. But ye short sighted / termism has made a right fuckin mess of our progress and ally has to take some responsibility for this. I'm not saying ally oot but those who defend him to the hilt really need to open their eyes at the harm this has done.

i said this earlier but got called a tim we coulld of used that money wisely but instead spunked it up the wall on pish

Wouldn't bother too much mate. For what I've seen since I joined those expressing a strongish opinion with a low post count more than likely get some grief, thou I think (hope) a lot of it is just tongue in cheek. If you're point's valid then express it. We're all a bit apprehensive of the future

Wouldn't bother too much mate. For what I've seen since I joined those expressing a strongish opinion with a low post count more than likely get some grief, thou I think (hope) a lot of it is just tongue in cheek. If you're point's valid then express it. We're all a bit apprehensive of the future

all i was trying to say was we had the opportunity to bring in the best of young scottish talent. im sure if scottish internationals were willing to join us then im sure others would we are Rangers after all but instead we spunked our money on spfl players with no sell on value. short term thinking again

This is how I think we should have gone about it too.

Assuming for a moment this is not a trolling thread, we have alot of under performing players on high wages for where we are, this is not going to attract bidders only if guys like Temps, Black, Shiels and Law really get on form and look like professionals in armature leagues will they get any interest.

Don't know if I took it the wrong way. It was just you coming in with a post about the possible transfer of Lee Wallace quoting from a anti Rangers newspaper after only posting about 20 times in the last 16 months. This at a time when they are trying to deflect everything that is being thrown at them. Don't know about down south but up here in the bias MSM there is a huge cover up. At the end of the day I am glad you are wrong and I am off to watch Lee Wallace now along with 2 of my grand kids. We don't do walking away. In fact I think I'll wear that T Shirt today in respect to him.