Rangers speak out against 'Mad Phil'

Boab

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually agree that was a weal statement and I thin we should've not only named him, but listed the potential libel laws he's broken. Maybe then the country's law makers, or whoever the fuck they think they are would set about law breakers that take things to the limit in this so called liberal shite hole country.

The club obviously felt it needed a statement regardless of who the blogger is,as rumours(shit) like that must affect our share value.

Maybe that`s the aim.I`m quite annoyed that our club cannot come up with a legal way to stop guys like him and others from under-mining the club and the share value.

Time injunctions or legal threats were issued.

The club is on a hiding to nothing here, if they say nothing they are told that a "dignified silence" does not work .... if they comment they are told that "we shouldn't give credence" to idiots like ill-Phil.

Personally I also find the statement bit weak, the club have been quick to send out lawyers letters and could easily have threatened similar.

How about this?

Rangers FC have once again read the comments of the mentally ill bigot with disbelief. We have allowed this to go on for so long in the hope this diseased ridden piece of bile would either die or come to his senses. Unfortunately, he's still alive and spreading lies about our club. It's with great delight, we fully intend to sue this mentally ill dirtbag and ensure he does the honourable thing and kills himself or loses everything he owns when he pays us for libel.

This is straight out the martin bain book of statements. :D

Can you go after someone for libel if they are living and posting from another nation? Does it not get a bit messy?

Genuinely don't know, but might explain why there is no legal action.

Yes, provided that the remark is broadcast or communicated in 'your' country. That's because the 'harm' (in the legal sense of the word) occurs not when the statement is made but when it is communicated to another person or persons, and a statement broadcast on using the internet will be received not only in the country where it is made but also in any country in which someone receives that statement - e.g. by reading a blog or a post on a forum, facebook, twitter etc.

Yes, provided that the remark is broadcast or communicated in 'your' country. That's because the 'harm' (in the legal sense of the word) occurs not when the statement is made but when it is communicated to another person or persons, and a statement broadcast on using the internet will be received not only in the country where it is made but also in any country in which someone receives that statement - e.g. by reading a blog or a post on a forum, facebook, twitter etc.

Eh? It was broadcast on the web though. What jurisdiction does a UK court have one foreign country?

If someone was to blog something in Iran that we didnt like, we could hardly just force the Iranian government to prosecute one of their own citizens for something they did in their own country.

Nit picking over the wording is pretty pathetic tbh even if you find it weak, they're saying it's not true

It is lightweight and not as emphatic or forceful as it could have have been. If the club are going to bother challenging that scumbag's lies then get wired in to him.

You think I'm being pretty pathetic? Fine. The day your opinion matters to me there will be be two blue moons and flocks of flying pigs in the sky.