king statement

bawsburst

Can you not understand the very basic premiss of how you get control of a Company?

Whether King likes the idea or not, it is a fact that to have a say in how a company carries out its business you at least needs to own some shares ffs.

This is a man who does not have one share in Rangers but is happy to call for fans to not pay Rangers for their season ticket.

He even imagines some hairbrained scheme where we pay a trust to hold the money.

What Trust would this be. I hope its not the one that is currently embroiled in criminal accusations of its board members.

He does not want control!

He does not need to buy them out - he wants the shares diluted to another offering. Once that happens, he will buy and all monies go to RANGERS.

Not true.

No matter what happens at the next share issue if he wants a big enough say then he will need to buy some of these people out.

Stop deliberately misleading people on these simple business facts.

He also cannot have it both ways he either wants a big say in things or he doesn't.

If he does not want a big say in things then he needs to learn to keep quiet.

Not true.

No matter what happens at the next share issue if he wants a big enough say then he will need to buy some of these people out.

Stop deliberately misleading people on these simple business facts.

He also cannot have it both ways he either wants a big say in things or he doesn't.

If he does not want a big say in things then he needs to learn to keep quiet.

Please refrain from telling me what to do.

He does not want control and he does not want Rangers to be owned or controlled by one body.

His aim (from what I can make out) is to purchase shares from a new issue and have those pooled with other large shareholdings from wealthy fans. This brings funds to the club and a voice in the boardroom.

probably dave king. but not at the cost of us going into admin again, which is what will happen of DK gets his way.

That's not what he wants at all. Neither is there any hidden agenda to drive the share price down, as some have suggested. All he wants is the ability to invest in the club by way of a new share issue. He is one of the few people who has earned genuine respect from most Rangers fan. His call to arms today is likely to have a huge impact and the Board know this. Hopefully, it will prompt an announcement shortly that there will be a new share offering in the summer.

That's not what he wants at all. Neither is there any hidden agenda to drive the share price down, as some have suggested. All he wants is the ability to invest in the club by way of a new share issue. He is one of the few people who has earned genuine respect from most Rangers fan. His call to arms today is likely to have a huge impact and the Board know this. Hopefully, it will prompt an announcement shortly that there will be a new share offering in the summer.

There was always going to be a new share offering

Why stir the shit and cause disruption?

He could easily have waited til after the 120 days and the interim results

I suspect he's not got the cash

Hope you're right CC but I believe this will turn into a game if brinkmanship. There are some ruthless people with a sizeable interest in Rangers. People like them don't run away readily.

I predict a widespread campaign by the RST and alike to hold ST money in a trust rather than renewing.

Good summary of the thread.

A sad footnote is that it has descended into Bear v Bear again (with the odd agent provocateur mixing it to vile effect).

Knock of the hefty abuse guys... I like a laugh and have the occasional bit of needle with some guys on here (you know who you are) but one thing I could never argue with them about is their absolute passion and love for Rangers. So let's hope there are no casualties of war tonight as we aspire to tear each other to cyber-shreds, post by post.

I do not like the emotive language that Dave King has chosen in the statement; not one bit. But I do not trust and have no great love for some of the current board either. To coin a phrase, often used by us about players, the Brothers Easdale are not 'Rangers Class.'

Like any Rangers fan, because of the past couple of years, I wield a shield of scepticism... and it is a heavy shield. Sometimes it can be a weary burden. We all want the same thing... so if we can have these differences of opinion and still remain brothers with the same ultimate aim, then perhaps we can move forward, even a little, as a fanbase.

This trend I see on here of wishing (almost willing) someone to be wrong about these huge issues just to point-score is starting to become pathetic. The very fabric of our great club hangs by these issues. So, let's keep the raging, flaming pseudo-telekinesis by keyboard at a minimum.

To wish bad karma on a fellow fan is to wish heartache upon yourself.

Stop it. It's stupid.

Now that's a good post!!!