Nail your colours to the mast.

EatDolphins

538 members have voted

1. 1. The way forward

I'm sure its peanuts - but we should be aiming somewhat higher than the Albion squads take home pay as a comparison. Players have to be attracted to play in Scotland - nobody wants to play here - and money is the attraction. We will always have a higher wage bill relative to the clubs around us.

That's the kind of mentality that put us where we are. Too much money pissed away through snobbery. At this moment in time we are no better a football team than the likes of Falkirk or Dundee or Raith so why should we be paying 10 times the wages they are?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the kind of mentality that put up where we are. Too much money pissed away through snobbery. At this moment in time reward no better a football team than the likes of Falkirk or Dundee or Raith so why should we be saying 10 times the wages they are?

I dont think we should be paying 10 times the wage. Slightly over the odds to get someone in that we really want, isn't going to break the bank however and is most certaily not snobbery. Your willfully missrepresenting what I am saying.

All coaches / manager out.

Open up management vacancy to applications.

New fresh, footballing ethos would get more out of our current playing squad.

Then tinkering with squad rather than a costly overhaul.

Sort out a scouting network.

This NEEDS done Mr Wallace.

I dont think we should be paying 10 times the wage. Slightly over the odds to get someone in that we really want, isn't going to break the bank however and is most certaily not snobbery. Your willfully missrepresenting what I am saying.

Paying over the odds = Paying more than something is worth.

Why should we when we don't have money to throw about?

And it's broke the bank before.

We have to get rid of our coaching staff at the end of the season.

2 years have been wasted at a cost of both money and talent. Money pished up the wall on players we didn't need to sign and talent wasted on not progressing our youngsters, that would have been the way of a half decent manager.

Yesterday, we played the 4th worst team in Scotland with a line up (4-4-1-1) which showed a fear factor. we should have gone at them with a 3-4-4 as there was no way they were coming to attack, so no need for a back 4.

In our last 2 games, we have got out of jail simply because we play shite football.

And another thing, how come when the Board pishes money, all hell breaks loose, but it's ok for our present manager.

I've been a lurker for 2 years, and it's time I put across my feelings on all this.

Recently I've found myself becoming more and more frustrated, as this glorious opportunity of re-inventing how we operate both on and off the pitch is slowly being frittered away. There is primarily one man responsible for wasting that opportunity - Ally McCoist. An absolute legend of a player, but completely devoid of any characteristics that make up a football manager.

When I continually read and re-read the same predictable 'handful' of posters, time after time, backing Ally by saying dross like: 'But we are unbeaten...', 'But we are the highest scorers in Britain...', 'But we are in a Cup Final...', 'But we have won the league at a canter...', I actually think to myself, 'Are they serious?', 'Are they c***c fans taking the piss?', 'Are they deluded somehow?'. They cannot possibly be normal, functioning Rangers fans, with their faculties in order. SURELY, any sane person must know that what they are seeing unfold on the pitch is nothing short of a travesty? SURELY???

I could see it coming for a year, if not longer, so how can others not!? Now however, slowly, the tide is turning. There is discontent brewing in the fans, at the stadium... Between now and the start of the Championship season, they are critical times. We need to act NOW.

In a few short months, we will find ourselves starting the Championship campaign, and we are gonna be fucked! If Ally is still in charge by then, it's gonna take us another ten years to recover. Someone else needs to be in place before that campaign starts - that is imperative and should be our priority! Maybe we can reduce that ten years down to a handful...

My honest opinion, is those people who voted Ally to stay (8 as of now) are either mentally and visually impaired, or most likely, they are imposters on the wind-up. They bloody must be one of the two! Sad really...

Simply saying coaches out will not help anything. we will be left with a Div 3 scenario again. Bringing the wrong people in for the Job.

Ally needs to come out and tell us that they are looking to change the way we play.

The assistants need to be relocated to less high profile support roles either with the youngsters or reserves.

I think that an experienced assistant needs to come in to work with Ally with a view to ally stepping down once we are in the Prem.

Ally knows the club better than anyone that could come in IMO and at this point in time we need that.

His tactical ability however is no right for rangers. I beleive a new coaching team that involves Ally is needed - but with a view to replace him to allow Ally to do what he does best (fan mediation / PR).

Back when PLG tried to change the training philosophy with more sports science the players apparently revolted against this approach.

This was hard enough for the mgt team to implement so what chance really have the sports science staff especially against the older professionals and the younger Nandos generation.

This ethos needs to be running through the club just like Arsenal do but I think Scotland and especially the west are still stuck in the past.