***** The Official Brechin City v Rangers Match Thread*****

allgers

The Daly/Clark combination looked a lot better today than the Daly/Sheils one.

Dean Sheils was hopelessly out of the game today until he moved further back into midfield where he was more involved in the game.

Is this another case of a player playing out of his best position?

I am very serious.

1) Boyd, 19 goals in SPL. According to our Captain, there is very little to differentiate the leagues.

2) Daly, 19 goals in 2nd Division. Funnily, I've been watching him do it in Division 1

No you have been watching him in league 1 (old division 2)

Trying to compare the two is laughable

Boyd is a far far better striker than daly

He went on and on and on about the 'penalty' that was denied Brechin, although Cammie Bell got a touch on the ball. He was very biased against us today; he's obviously been told you can't get on in the Scottish media unless you slag Rangers off.

What a crock of shit.

Wasn't a great performance. They packed their defence and midfield and killed any chance of free flowing football. Now the positives..... this will vex the usual suspects. It was good to see young Aird score yet another important goal for us. He tends to score when we win by only one goal. Totally underrated IMO.

Good to see Clark back and his goal was well executed. Bouncing between the keepers legs... nightmare for a goalie to try and stop.

I hope Black's injury isn't too serious. The injury list is mounting just as we are reaching the two most important games of the season. Rather worrying.

Agree with D&D,not a great performance but I think that most of it was down to Brechin's game plan,you can argue that we should be up for whatever is thrown at us by these teams but on a tight pitch the 'in yer face' football they played almost paid off.

Thought both Jig and Mohsni were shaky today but they were more solid when Faure came on in front of them.

I was very disappointed with the BT commentary today,harping on about Rangers negatives while pumping up Brechins positives and the constant rambling on by Gary McAllister,was it a pen or wasn't it,FFS.Bell did well to get a hand on the ball and the guy fell over him,for me it was a corner,play on and no booking(useless Ref).

Hope Blacks injury isn't serious,it did sound a bad one.

I'm concerned about our lack of pace in our CBs for the Cup Final and Semi-Final,we could well be punished.

Wasn't a great performance. They packed their defence and midfield and killed any chance of free flowing football. Now the positives..... this will vex the usual suspects. It was good to see young Aird score yet another important goal for us. He tends to score when we win by only one goal. Totally underrated IMO.

Good to see Clark back and his goal was well executed. Bouncing between the keepers legs... nightmare for a goalie to try and stop.

I hope Black's injury isn't too serious. The injury list is mounting just as we are reaching the two most important games of the season. Rather worrying.

I thought Brechin's game plan was spot on and it's up to us to break it down , which we struggled to do until after our second goal.

Also worth noting that in the 45 minutes between our two goals they were basically camped in our half - hardly conducive to ' killing ' a game.

Missed the game seen the match reports on Rangers.co.uk sounds like another difficult and gritty win but worrys over Black and Law, Gallagher started again how did he do? Disappointed no more youth players introduced and the injurys show why fringe and youth players should make up the bulk of the remaining league games. Well done Fraser and Nicky Clark on their goals :clap:

I thought Brechin's game plan was spot on and it's up to us to break it down , which we struggled to do until after our second goal.

Also worth noting that in the 45 minutes between our two goals they were basically camped in our half - hardly conducive to ' killing ' a game.

Having our two best midfielders taken off through injury didn't help us. Gave them possession they wouldn't normally have. Their game plan was defo spot on. I totally agree with that point.

You forgot to include the scoreline...

Winning and the style of it against a team of part timers, who struggled to fill their bench is something best left to personal tastes.

I failed to taste anything sweet.... let's hope there's a magic switch for the final and the semi-final.

For ES,Blacks initial injury is not as bad as 1st thought but needs a scan.Nicky Law was taken off as a precaution because of a back twinge.Gallagher played well,especially in the 1st half.

Agree with you that this is dodgey playing 1st choice players with the 'big' games coming up,on the other hand we need them to have match sharpness,tough choices, who'd be a manager?

I think we need Temps back as he seems to be the only one who links up well with Wallace.

For ES,Blacks initial injury is not as bad as 1st thought but needs a scan.Nicky Law was taken off as a precaution because of a back twinge.Gallagher played well,especially in the 1st half.

Agree with you that this is dodgey playing 1st choice players with the 'big' games coming up,on the other hand we need them to have match sharpness,tough choices, who'd be a manager?

I think we need Temps back as he seems to be the only one who links up well with Wallace.

Cheers mate (tu) i personally would try to rotate players throughout the season but especially now, as poor a team as last weekend looked on paper it was at least a bit of squad rotation, injurys are always going to happen but if we are clever we can try to minimise them. I agree its a conundrum for Ally but we have the squad to keep players fresh and interested if we use them correctly.