Horse Racing/Sports Betting System

Laudrup1984

Good evening all,

I've been trialing a new betting system over the past 12 months or so which has been pretty successful and thought i'd share with you all, if anyone is interested.

It's not exactly revolutionary, and at times it can be a right pain in the @rse but if you stick at it, you win more than you lose, providing you're relatively sensible.

I basically bet on 4 different sporting events, primarily Horse Racing, and more often than not 4 separate races. I try to pick races where the fields are small (4-8 max) and competitive (but only 3-5 roughly, in theory should have a chance to win). The races I choose are mainly based on the odds. If they are too short, I won't bet. My maximum stake is £36 and I either do 36 fourfolds @ £1, 18 fourfolds @ £2 or 24 fourfolds @ £1.50.

I don't know much about Horses but i'm getting better and base my picks on my limited Horsing knowledge, tips, jockeys, trainers, course and distance winners, form and weather conditions. Once i've done that I select 2 horses in 2 races, and 3 horses each in the other 2 (which works out at 2 x 2 x 3 x 3 @ £1 per bet (36 bets @£1). If i'm feeling confident i'll just do 2 in each race (2 x 2 x 2 x2 @ £2 (18 bets @ £2). They must be 5-2/3-1 AT LEAST or i'm not interested, generally because i'm pretty greedy!

The biggest pain in the @rse part of it is putting on 36/18 seperate fourfolds but if you win the rewards are great and make it worth it. Also, it just gives you such a greater opportunity to win with a potentially better return. I've lost count how many times i've wasted £10/£20 here and there on nonsense even money or odds on shots where the return is just not worth the stake. And i've also lost count how many times i've been torn between 2 decent 4-1/5-1 shots and picked the wrong one. This way you are simply giving yourself a real chance of a return.

I try to make my first pick my best chance of a win and if you get a winner straight away you can then do further trebles on the next 3 races to give yourself an even better chance. For example, if in my 4 races the shortest priced horses I do in each race wins (all 3-1 for example), the guaranteed return from a £1 bet (£36 in total) would be £256.Therefore, I could afford to lump another £20 or so on a few other horses to add to the ones I already have, giving myself further cover. If your first horses loses though it is a massive kick in the balls after all the time and effort you put in!

You have to be pretty patient to do this and you obviously won't win every time. When I do it I try to find races where you have a ridiculously short priced horse which is far from certain to win. In races such as this you can pick 3 horses at 6s, 8s, and 12s and if any come up you're laughing. Ideally you always want your longest shot to win but if you play it smart such as the 3-1 shortest for each race, you could return £256 although I mainly do the shorter ones merely for cover hoping my longer shots win. If your longer shots win in all races that's where you make a good few quid. You'll never be a millionaire if you stick to £1 bets but i've won over a grand a few times recently using this system. As a basic example 4, 5-1 winners @ £1 = 6 x 6 x 6 x 6 = £1296 so the rewards are there if you do some proper research, and if you are even more conservative and happy for a smaller profit than £256 - £36, then your chances of winning will increase,

It's a rather simple system but it's quite difficult to explain in writing so hopefully i've made it relatively clear. First goalscorers, Golf and Tennis are other sports you can use as part of your fourfolds. It doesn't just have to be Horse Racing. Using the Pro Race Card in the Horse Racing is great too as you can eliminate even more dangers and increase your chances of winning that way.

Anyway, I realise it's getting late, and I may well have bored some/most of you to sleep, so at least I may have been of some service! :)

I struggle to pick one winner, picking 4 is just impossible.

It can seem impossible at times and you always need a huge element of luck but if you choose wisely, all it does is make it more possible. Another good example was our game tonight. I only done 3 singles (Law, Aird and Mohsni - didn't fancy Daly who's always ridiculously short priced, and just not very good at the moment!) @ £10 each (£30 stake in total) on 3 FGS, and Mohsni came in @ 11s so made a small profit. On Sunday got Baines @ 25s (also had Lukaku and Mirallas as safer options). One of the small difficulties I sometimes have is trying to find 4 races/games I can bet on at the one time.

How can you possibly have a horse racing system if, to paraphrase your own words, you 'Don't know much about horse racing'?

JamieG at least pretended to know what he was talking about...

Upto 12k now can't tell you the horse or trainer though will give it away. Send me 10k and it's yours :D

The system is simply based on trying to give myself the best chance to make the biggest profit from a relatively small stake by betting on more than one horse, first goalscorer per race/game etc. It isn't necessarily solely a horse racing system as such. It just so happens that horse racing so far has worked best as the odds can be very generous considering there are limited potential winners. Also even if you no nothing about horses you can still pick 2 or 3 Decent chances with simple research.

As above i don't know a lot about horse racing but that was kinda my point too. If i can do it with limited knowledge then some who can pick 4 and 5 to 1 shots fairly regularly, like MrIrwin for example, and even more so with 2 to 3 picks per race they would win more than they lose. Also i am getting better but i rely a lot by checking a number of tipsters and simple research rather than my extensive horse racing.

It doesn't solely need to be horse racing. Aird was generally 7s today and would have been a great one to have.

Like all betting there is a huge element of luck but rather than betting on one horse, one first goalscorer etc i try to give myself a better chance of winning. Trying to get 4 wins is far from guaranteed but i personally would rather do this than stick 20 quid on one horse or first goalscorer for example.

It can be very time consuming so I'm not able to do it every day or even every week but when i have time to do it i do so as often as I'm able to. I therefore wouldn't expect everyone to do this but thought I'd just share to see if anyone was interested.

The system is simply based on trying to give myself the best chance to make the biggest profit from a relatively small stake by betting on more than one horse, first goalscorer per race/game etc. It isn't necessarily solely a horse racing system as such. It just so happens that horse racing so far has worked best as the odds can be very generous considering there are limited potential winners. Also even if you no nothing about horses you can still pick 2 or 3 Decent chances with simple research.

As above i don't know a lot about horse racing but that was kinda my point too. If i can do it with limited knowledge then some who can pick 4 and 5 to 1 shots fairly regularly, like MrIrwin for example, and even more so with 2 to 3 picks per race they would win more than they lose. Also i am getting better but i rely a lot by checking a number of tipsters and simple research rather than my extensive horse racing.

It doesn't solely need to be horse racing. Aird was generally 7s today and would have been a great one to have.

Like all betting there is a huge element of luck but rather than betting on one horse, one first goalscorer etc i try to give myself a better chance of winning. Trying to get 4 wins is far from guaranteed but i personally would rather do this than stick 20 quid on one horse or first goalscorer for example.

It can be very time consuming so I'm not able to do it every day or even every week but when i have time to do it i do so as often as I'm able to. I therefore wouldn't expect everyone to do this but thought I'd just share to see if anyone was interested.

This is what this is all about!!!!

Sharing good practice,well done.

would the return not be greater if you done all of your selections in the lucky 15 format?

I think I understand this system, going to give it a go today mate

10 of the 15 bets in a "lucky" 15 gives you little return,what the OP is suggesting is trebles and upwards at decent odds which makes sense for small stakes.

Good luck:-)

tried this today and it worked :lol: only thing is I got 2 non runners and had I went on the second fav which I would have, only I had written all the lines out and was in the bookies with 3 mins to spare I would have got the fourfold up.

got a treble and a double up, not much profit but a winner non the less!

you're right tho the writing it down part bursts your balls, no doubt it will be easier the more u do it, I'll be going again tomorrow cheers buddy.

tried this today and it worked :lol: only thing is I got 2 non runners and had I went on the second fav which I would have, only I had written all the lines out and was in the bookies with 3 mins to spare I would have got the fourfold up.

got a treble and a double up, not much profit but a winner non the less!

you're right tho the writing it down part bursts your balls, no doubt it will be easier the more u do it, I'll be going again tomorrow cheers buddy.

Nice one mate. That's fantastic. As i've mentioned it's not really a top tips system, it's just giving you a better chance of winning by having more selections, and if you put in the time, effort and research, you will win more than you lose.

One thing i'd say is I do it online. I could NEVER write it all down. It takes me long enough doing it online so fair play to you for taking the time to write out all your slips! Also online, you can make last minute changes like the non runner issue you had almost instantly as well as adding further cover bets if you are successful in the first 1 or 2 races. Obviously betting online is not for everyone, i've only started in the past 12 months but whatever works best for you. (tu)

Nice one mate. That's fantastic. As i've mentioned it's not really a top tips system, it's just giving you a better chance of winning by having more selections, and if you put in the time, effort and research, you will win more than you lose.

One thing i'd say is I do it online. I could NEVER write it all down. It takes me long enough doing it online so fair play to you for taking the time to write out all your slips! Also online, you can make last minute changes like the non runner issue you had almost instantly as well as adding further cover bets if you are successful in the first 1 or 2 races. Obviously betting online is not for everyone, i've only started in the past 12 months but whatever works best for you. (tu)

I will defo be doing it online next time lol great advice mate. I totally understand the system tho, its not a sure thing, no one can guess a 33-1 shot in an 8 horsed race so theres obviously going to be days when you don't win! I consider myself pretty good at the horses (not in the same calibre as mrwin) but good nonetheless, and im most certainly one of they guys who picks out a 4-1 shot that gets beat by a head by the other 4-1 I was tossing up to choose, so gives me a better chance of a return, again mate great advice for fellow bears.

:D

I will defo be doing it online next time lol great advice mate. I totally understand the system tho, its not a sure thing, no one can guess a 33-1 shot in an 8 horsed race so theres obviously going to be days when you don't win! I consider myself pretty good at the horses (not in the same calibre as mrwin) but good nonetheless, and im most certainly one of they guys who picks out a 4-1 shot that gets beat by a head by the other 4-1 I was tossing up to choose, so gives me a better chance of a return, again mate great advice for fellow bears.

:D

Stick Gimme Five @ 6/1 in ,it will be shorter!!!

I never follow King on the flat. The only two who do the crossover between flat and jumps with a bit of consistency are Brian Ellison at certain tracks in Britain and Jessica Harrington in Ireland... Jessica's jockey choices are often shit and it only really works over jumps with Power, Geraghty and Bolger. And on the flat she's not to be trusted at The Curragh or Leopardstown.

Edit! Almost forgot:

http://uncle-ernie.net/

its form is 988? could u give me ur reason for this tip if you dont mind me asking mate

Told to do Myaska in the 1.40 and this from a friend from Marlborough who shuvels shit in a yard at Barbury castle!!!

Change between online companies because if you stick to one then they will see your winning and any patterns too then restrict/kick you off

Change between online companies because if you stick to one then they will see your winning and any patterns too then restrict/kick you off

I use 365 90% of the time,they lay my bets every time as they just lay them off!

Speak to them and the will oblige:-)