☸ The 2014 Brazil World Cup Thread ☸

Messi admitted he was shitting it until he scored

Definitely looked that way

It's weird to imagine such a successful, respected player being such a confidence player and being plagued by doubts.

I mean, within a second of the final whistle, a Bosnian player had sidled up to him to ask for his shirt before his team-mates could get there first. When your opponents are in awe of you, what do you have to fear?

It's nice to see passion from an England Goalkeeper for once, been missing since Seaman.

On the topic of England, stats seem to confirm my suspicion that we actually played really well, Italy just played slightly better.

9RHNgPJ.png

It's weird to imagine such a successful, respected player being such a confidence player and being plagued by doubts.

I mean, within a second of the final whistle, a Bosnian player had sidled up to him to ask for his shirt before his team-mates could get there first. When your opponents are in awe of you, what do you have to fear?

I think he's far more respected by Barcelona fans than the Argies though and that's the problem. Feels every game (especially the big tournaments) that he has something to prove and it doesn't always work out. At Barca he is loved no matter what but it's just not the same here.