Charlie Telfer Signs for Dundee United

OzGers

It's a good deal for all parties involved, assuming we get the appropriate compensation.

Better players, his age, have made first appearances for us since we dropped down the leagues. I refuse to accept his departure as an excuse to discount McCoist's use of youth; look no further than Macleod and Aird for evidence. McCoist has many faults as a manager, but giving youth a chance isn't one of them.

Dundee United are a good club for Telfer; they feel the need to play on the whole we-give-youth-a-chance, so he'll see some first team action.

Anyone disappointed by this departure needs to seriously re-evaluate their outlook on the Rangers.

people are just disappointed that macleod and aird are the only two of note considering we#ve had 2 years of guaranteed league titles, gallacher only came through tail end of last season and mckay after a decent first season was dumped on loan where it seemingly didnt benefit him that much (certainly not as much as staying at the club and experiencing more matchday action)

the league was won very early this season yet the likes of mcculloch, black, daly law etc all continued to get 90 minutes while the young hungry youth players got bit part appearances

people are just disappointed that macleod and aird are the only two of note considering we#ve had 2 years of guaranteed league titles, gallacher only came through tail end of last season and mckay after a decent first season was dumped on loan where it seemingly didnt benefit him that much (certainly not as much as staying at the club and experiencing more matchday action)

the league was won very early this season yet the likes of mcculloch, black, daly law etc all continued to get 90 minutes while the young hungry youth players got bit part appearances

Macleod, Aird, Crawford and McKay have made enough first team appearances to justify crediting McCoist for giving youth a chance.

Further to that, the likes of Murdoch, Gallacher, Gasparotto, Stoney and Telfer have been given a platform.

This may come as a surprise, but could it be that the second list weren't worthy of more appearances in the first team? I'm sure McCoist values the meaning of playing for this club, so won't throw first team jerseys about for fun.

Further to that, professional footballers don't like to be "rested". Regardless of how slow, shite or Irish they are, these guys are paid thousands per-week and not to seal a league title, then hand it over to wee boys for the sake of it.

I genuinely believe some people on here thrive on moaning and complaining, so much to the extent that they believe their nonsense is accurate.

He was given the chance. Why do you think we have U20s? What do you think made McCoist pick Gallagher? The boy is such a superstar he regularly rides the bench for Scotland U19s.

Some people don't realise McCoist watches all these games and clearly didn't think he was anything special.

Some people don't realise McCoist watches all these games and clearly didn't think he was anything special.

So he could actually be worse than Daly was the second half of the season? Doubtful.

Telfer may turn out to be another over hyped young player but there was nothing to lose by giving him a chance over all the shite McCoist has signed

I've watched him in several and didn't think he was anything special. Tidy but easily muscled off the ball by other 17/18 year olds.

Macleod, Aird, Crawford and McKay have made enough first team appearances to justify crediting McCoist for giving youth a chance.

macleod shunted wide left to accomodate ally's signings

aird dropped from the starting line up until november to accomodate an ally signing out of position

crawford average 30mins an appearace this season

mckay fucked out on loan the minute ally had a full transfer window

Further to that, the likes of Murdoch, Gallacher, Gasparotto, Stoney and Telfer have been given a platform.

no they havent, gallacher barely made it until later in the season, and was still unable to command a regular starting place after the league was won, gasparotto was dumped out on loan while mcculloch played every game possible, telfer left to play first team football and stoney barely got a kick

This may come as a surprise, but could it be that the second list weren't worthy of more appearances in the first team? I'm sure McCoist values the meaning of playing for this club, so won't throw first team jerseys about for fun.

do you think daly and laws performances after xmas were worthy of the jersey, or moshni's liability performances and red cards at times, hell cribari even managed to make game time after not kicking a ball in half a year

Further to that, professional footballers don't like to be "rested". Regardless of how slow, shite or Irish they are, these guys are paid thousands per-week and not to seal a league title, then hand it over to wee boys for the sake of it.

tough titties, ally is the gaffer, not the players, footballers being rested is a common part of the game now, and the club pays their wages so they will do as they are told

I genuinely believe some people on here thrive on moaning and complaining, so much to the extent that they believe their nonsense is accurate.

i could say the same about ally's excuses for our piss poor performances, remember the weather only affects one team it would seem

Our coaching staff are a fucking joke its things like this that really piss me off.

There we give a really talented player who is only going to get better away.Plus dare I say it in a team that plays way we should dundee utd.

Where the core base is and has been built round thriving quality young hungry players.Who have real ability now reading and seeing youngsters playing in games.

With reading neil warnocks comments also we have a real crop of youngsters in each age group. but what do we do we give away 1 of the main ones.Now I am worried for the future.

Why because this may just be true which some 1 else said that the youngsters are more or less all going to leave.

Sooner or later we are going to have to wake up get the kids in and around 1st team to get 1st team football.Instead of hanging aroung allys dads fucking army joke not getting a game for overpaid boring useless rejects.

Rant over.

Our coaching staff are a fucking joke its things like this that really piss me off.

There we give a really talented player who is only going to get better away.Plus dare I say it in a team that plays way we should dundee utd.

Where the core base is and has been built round thriving quality young hungry players.Who have real ability now reading and seeing youngsters playing in games.

With reading neil warnocks comments also we have a real crop of youngsters in each age group. but what do we do we give away 1 of the main ones.Now I am worried for the future.

Why because this may just be true which some 1 else said that the youngsters are more or less all going to leave.

Sooner or later we are going to have to wake up get the kids in and around 1st team to get 1st team football.Instead of hanging aroung allys dads fucking army joke not getting a game for overpaid boring useless rejects.

Rant over.

Ryan Finnie signed a new contract a few days ago.

Terrible indictment of our manager that a SPL club with ambitions of winning genuine honours can offer the lad 1st team prospects and yet our manager won't even use him in division 3 to have a look at him.

Pathetic.

2 trophies in 20 years and finishing 40 odd points off the top of the table last season.

they way people are talking you think he was a world beater,has anyone making comments on him actually seen him play? i seen him i 9 games last

season and would say hes a tidy player but as week as water physically,nowhere near first team selection,especially playing against the bruisers

in the championship at 100 mile an hour,he reminds me of a billy davies,dean furman type player,good luck to him but i will be amazed if he turns

out a top player

they way people are talking you think he was a world beater,has anyone making comments on him actually seen him play? i seen him i 9 games last

season and would say hes a tidy player but as week as water physically,nowhere near first team selection,especially playing against the bruisers

in the championship at 100 mile an hour,he reminds me of a billy davies,dean furman type player,good luck to him but i will be amazed if he turns

out a top player

does he need to be a top player to be sold for a half million quid, remember craig beattie, absolutely fucking mince, yet the tarriers played him enough to punt him for a million

its not just about future rangers stars, its about generating more money through transfers, which we need to start doing

Xavi, Iniesta, Messi...i didn't see those players lack of stature and physique become a problem to them.

This fascination we have with bulk and athleticism is what holds us back as a nation.

A tidy player.....that is ALL that should matter. Get enough "tidy" players playing football in the same team and attitudes would quickly change as to what passes for a footballer in this country.