Charlie Telfer Signs for Dundee United

OzGers

Rangers youth chief Jim Sinclair insists teenage midfielder Charlie Telfer, who recently snubbed a contract at Ibrox to move to Dundee United, is not yet ready for first team football.

Full story: Scottish Sun (print edition)

Further embarrassment when he is undoubtedly made to eat his words.

Silly stuff Black and Daly have performed at a level this boy may never reach whatever you think of the pair of them.

Blacks last performance was the scottish cup final for hearts, maybe 3 years ago. Daly has came in, granted hes scored a few goals, but done nothing else for the team.

Would a youngster benefited more with a good run in the team? Maybe.

Were talking about 2nd and 3rd division players here. No disrespect, but these guys are firefighters and binmen by day.

Bringing in Daly and Black on around 10 grand a week is needless.

Giving youngsters a chance in these leagues was a once and a lifetime opportunity, and rangers failed miserably.

More money should've been injected into the youth system and getting a better coaching team behind these youngsters.

But most importantly, these youngsters needed a good 20 or 30 games.

Some blame has to fall to us, the fans, for demanding instant success.

Blacks last performance was the scottish cup final for hearts, maybe 3 years ago. Daly has came in, granted hes scored a few goals, but done nothing else for the team.

Would a youngster benefited more with a good run in the team? Maybe.

Were talking about 2nd and 3rd division players here. No disrespect, but these guys are firefighters and binmen by day.

Bringing in Daly and Black on around 10 grand a week is needless.

Giving youngsters a chance in these leagues was a once and a lifetime opportunity, and rangers failed miserably.

More money should've been injected into the youth system and getting a better coaching team behind these youngsters.

But most importantly, these youngsters needed a good 20 or 30 games.

Some blame has to fall to us, the fans, for demanding instant success.

You seem clueless. I dont think you grasp the demands of Rangers supporters at all.

You seem clueless. I dont think you grasp the demands of Rangers supporters at all.

That's a bit much.

What were the demands of our support then when we were playing in a PT league?

It's embarrassing the way we have went about moving back up the leagues and potentially can still bite us in the arse.

Nobody will look back on last season and say 'that was the best team ever to grace the lower divisions' , it was painful to watch.

You would be a fool to not think we have blown a wonderful opportunity to rebuild without the mhanks breathing down our necks.

We would have won those leagues with half the squad we have. We didnt need Black, Smith, Foster, Daly, Perluta, Clabiri or Shiels. The players we had left complimented by youth would have more than sufficed.

Where your demands 'met'? Because if simply winning the league by means of having superior fitness to binmen and students is the benchmark for you then I despair. I really do.

We have a whole team that needs replaced when we go back up. We also have a manager who is our biggest liability. Short term goals have been met at the expense of long term stability, it's a car crash and only the most deluded deny it is anything else.

The poster your quoting is spot on and reflects the views of the vast majority of our fans.

That's a bit much.

What were the demands of our support then when we were playing in a PT league?

It's embarrassing the way we have went about moving back up the leagues and potentially can still bite us in the arse.

Nobody will look back on last season and say 'that was the best team ever to grace the lower divisions' , it was painful to watch.

You would be a fool to not think we have blown a wonderful opportunity to rebuild without the mhanks breathing down our necks.

We would have won those leagues with half the squad we have. We didnt need Black, Smith, Foster, Daly, Perluta, Clabiri or Shiels. The players we had left complimented by youth would have more than sufficed.

Where your demands 'met'? Because if simply winning the league by means of having superior fitness to binmen and students is the benchmark for you then I despair. I really do.

We have a whole team that needs replaced when we go back up. We also have a manager who is our biggest liability. Short term goals have been met at the expense of long term stability, it's a car crash and only the most deluded deny it is anything else.

The poster your quoting is spot on and reflects the views of the vast majority of our fans.

Not at all Rangers had to win the leagues at first time of asking we have done that the binmen and student line just makes you sound very bitter.

The posts you make on here never say anything positive about Rangers ever.

Little: he was at the end of his contract - should we have given him another contract and them gamble on getting a fee? I'm not sure your coming across like you know how contracts and transfers work these days.

Well we gave hutton a new deal when he's clearly not going to play much, what does that say about our policies

Rangers youth chief Jim Sinclair insists teenage midfielder Charlie Telfer, who recently snubbed a contract at Ibrox to move to Dundee United, is not yet ready for first team football.

i would pin that to the dressing room wall and tell Jim Sinclair that if he's worng he should pack his boots and leave. How many others has he held back? how many more?

even if Telfer isn't good enough, whats the need to knock the boy like that after he's given it a go with us and took an opportunity so step up a league and finally break through?

Well we gave hutton a new deal when he's clearly not going to play much, what does that say about our policies

I know you struggle with the concept of squad - and I know that every young player we don't play is a Messi in waiting - but Hutton is a decent squad player, with a decent amount of experience and good cover. Last year of our 4 recognised CM players - Hutton was out injured a long spell, as was McLeod - so Law and Black played - this season it might end up being another two with spells out injured, and if not out injured offering competition for places - Hutton offers both competition and is a decent squad member - no real issues in giving him another years deal.

i would pin that to the dressing room wall and tell Jim Sinclair that if he's worng he should pack his boots and leave. How many others has he held back? how many more?

even if Telfer isn't good enough, whats the need to knock the boy like that after he's given it a go with us and took an opportunity so step up a league and finally break through?

What's wrong with the guy who runs our youth set up giving his honest opinion of the lad - that's not holding him back - that's being honest and communication with the fans (Yep - Dammed if we do, dammed if we don't) - but hey ho this is Rangers its much better to just be negative about anything that our coaches say!

Not at all Rangers had to win the leagues at first time of asking we have done that the binmen and student line just makes you sound very bitter.

Right now there's not a lot to be positive about apart from our support.

You can put your hands over ears and shout lalalalallala all you want but glaring opportunities were missed.

You're right I am bitter. I'm bitter about the turgid predictable style of football we play. I'm bitter about our manager and coaching staff for taking the best part of 1.5 mill a year to inflict us with this particular 'brand'. I'm bitter about the amount of dead wood earning thousands playing for us that will need replaced when we are back at the top. I'm bitter about one of our brightest prospects going to scumdee because (like the rest of the youth team) he is demoralised at the lack of chances afforded to the youth. I'm bitter about our dismal cup record and when we finally get to a final we get beat of the mighty Raith Rovers and deservedly so! I'm bitter that we have a board who imo could very well take us back into Admin.

Positives for me?

Lewis Macleod - If played in the right position will be a future international.

Cammy Bell and Lee Wallace - mainstays until the end of their careers. Great players.

Our support - getting worldwide recoginition and proving to be the best in the world again! :praise:

What's wrong with the guy who runs our youth set up giving his honest opinion of the lad - that's not holding him back - that's being honest and communication with the fans (Yep - Dammed if we do, dammed if we don't) - but hey ho this is Rangers its much better to just be negative about anything that our coaches say!

Don't usually agree with you (Ally, etc.) but you are spot on here.

how ironic - your going on about rangers fans being negative but our youth coach is doing just that in his comments. Alright for one but not the other now?

there's nothing wrong in giving his honest opinion but he should also be judged on that dependent on how Telfer performs next season.

how ironic - your going on about rangers fans being negative but our youth coach is doing just that in his comments. Alright for one but not the other now?

there's nothing wrong in giving his honest opinion but he should also be judged on that dependent on how Telfer performs next season.

So if Telfer does a bad job - his comments were spot on but his coaching was shit.

So if Telfer does a good job - his comments were shit but his coaching was spot on.

Now if Telfer is a bit player next year but comes good the year after then Sinclair was spot on with his coaching and his comments but then the club / Ally were fools for not offering him a huge salary to stay.

(... ye canny win as a Rangers coach - that's the rule).

And yet experienced professionals in the English game praise the work at Auchenhowie. Muppets

And yet folk who scout/coach and folk whos kids play for our youths cant stand the guy.

Wonder if it was his decision to close down our training academy in the East :rolleyes:

As for Muppets doh:lol:

And yet folk who scout/coach and folk whos kids play for our youths cant stand the guy.

Wonder if it was his decision to close down our training academy in the East :rolleyes:

As for Muppets :lol:

Only two Youth set ups in the country have a 6 star rating from the SFA. Us and Celtic.

I know you struggle with the concept of squad - and I know that every young player we don't play is a Messi in waiting - but Hutton is a decent squad player, with a decent amount of experience and good cover. Last year of our 4 recognised CM players - Hutton was out injured a long spell, as was McLeod - so Law and Black played - this season it might end up being another two with spells out injured, and if not out injured offering competition for places - Hutton offers both competition and is a decent squad member - no real issues in giving him another years deal.

Andy Little was our top goalscorer 2 seasons ago, he still managed 29 games this season even after breaking his jaw back in november

or to put it in your words

Little is a decent squad player, with a decent amount of experience and good cover

obviously i changed Hutton for Little, but the rest of it remains the same, we let go a 25yo International that still had his best years ahead of him, and we kept a 31yo striker who is seemingly now going to sit on the bench as second choice striker to kenny miller

out of jon daly or andy little, none are good enough to start in the premiership when we get back there, but for this season and as backup in the premiership andy little easily tops jon daly

you can talk shite about not underatanding the concept of a squad (seriously what was that, cheap digs :lol: ) and not understanding contracts, but the fact is we kept jon daly and let go andy little

The word is "snubbed" does that mean we didn't offer him pots of money and golden unicorns to keep him, because Telfer wants to be a superstar before he has learned to be a football player. He must have been offered something to "snub" it? ergo we wanted to keep him. Trouble nowadays is young boys want it too quickly - he is still a "prospect" and if big Jim says "not yet" then that is good enough for me. leaving this great club for anyone else, says more about the player than it does about us.

Like me, alot of us bears cant see many positives about the last 2 seasons.

Maybe the emergence of Lewis MacLeod, and possibly, Aird being the only light in a chasm of darkness surrounding our club at the moment.

Andy Little was our top goalscorer 2 seasons ago, he still managed 29 games this season even after breaking his jaw back in november

or to put it in your words

obviously i changed Hutton for Little, but the rest of it remains the same, we let go a 25yo International that still had his best years ahead of him, and we kept a 31yo striker who is seemingly now going to sit on the bench as second choice striker to kenny miller

out of jon daly or andy little, none are good enough to start in the premiership when we get back there, but for this season and as backup in the premiership andy little easily tops jon daly

you can talk shite about not underatanding the concept of a squad (seriously what was that, cheap digs :lol: ) and not understanding contracts, but the fact is we kept jon daly and let go andy little

I'll translate your ramble - 'any thing that happens - bad'!