3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

can't see him doing the Davis cup olympics and the build up to the us open and winning the us open if it was me I'd be patching the Davis cup. Needs to take a wee break now couple of weeks to avoid burnout imo

He's almost certainly not going to play this round of Davis Cup.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I think his win against Nadal was more impressive.

Federer put on a serving clinic against Roddick, something like 50 odd aces? Whilst Roddick bottled the second set tie breaker and missed an easy shot to go 2-0 up in sets. Fed was very fortunate. Was only two tie breakers in the Roddick match.

I just remember Roddick giving the game of his life. He threw everything he had at Federer, looked good doing so, and it just wasn't enough to put Federer down. Roddick was a broken man after losing that match and he never recovered from it. 

10 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

I honestly think that was Federer's greatest final win. 

The 2007 Wimbledon final was probably his best victory. Overshadowed by the 2008 final, obviously, but at the time people were calling it one of the best ever, and obviously Nadal was far better than Roddick.

I'm not sure how you can even attempt to place guys like Novak or Murray in an all-time list. They've still got years of high level tennis ahead of him. 

I don't generally like talking about anyone who stills plays, but I'll allow it with Federer because he's the GOAT.