28 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Murray pulls out of the Rogers Cup. 

Looks like he's not playing anything between Wimbledon and Rio.

Thought he would push on for number one in the world.

Not that far behind and Djok has a shitload points to defend the rest of the season 

The year he beat Andy at Wimbledon in the quarters, in straight sets must have been a blip.

there is no danger he would take 3 sets off Murray on grass today.

tbf, that year was a hard year for Murray after the back surgery, but to date, that's dimitrovs biggest win that I can think of. 

Roger Federer is sitting out the rest of this season, including the Rio de Janeiro Olympics and U.S. Open, to protect his surgically repaired left knee.

Federer wrote on his Facebook page Tuesday that he needs "more extensive rehabilitation following my knee surgery earlier this year."

"The doctors advised that if I want to play on the ATP World Tour injury free for another few years, as I intend to do, I must give both my knee and body the proper time to fully recover," Federer said.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Raonic has only broken Andy twice in 15 sets of tennis and Andy has won the last 12 sets on the trot against him in their head to head -  and he is ranked 6th in the world.

He took a set off him at Queens. Have they played 12 sets since then?

Murray's got to be targeting World Number One early next season, now. Essentially if he wins the US Open and then the Australian Open next year he'll have it.

Admittedly that's a lot to ask, but Murray should gain big points between the US Open and the tour finals. 

24 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Verdasco will knock Stan out in round 1!

Wouldn't surprise me if Dimitrov(i know i know) plays Murray instead of Lopez.

This will be when Dimitrov comes good. Yes I know I'm lying to myself.

Hopefully Thiem has a good tournament, really like watching him play.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tennis/us-open-2016-novak-djokovic-troubled-by-private-matter-20160827-gr2mqp.html

Don't know if anyone saw this, Novak came out and said today that "private issues" popped up at an inopportune time (read, just before the Querrey match) during Wimbledon, and it wasn't injury that caused his loss to Querrey at all.

No real clue as to what those personal issues are, but people had been speculating something happened after it came out that his wife wasn't in his box for the Querrey match and had actually left London altogether. 

Novak didn't go into further detail just said the problem has been solved.