11 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Be hard for him to compete. He needs to be 100% or he struggles IMO. Looks like fed could be favourite in my eyes.

im going . Leaving Edinburgh to NY on Monday morning, got Arthur Ashe tickets for Tuesday and Wednesday. £750 for 2 for 2 days. None of yer in the gods pish. 

Also they give access to the other showcourts. Took Ashe as in case it rains.

canny wait. Fed is the only top player I've not saw at the O2.

hopefully this is my chance, might have to get night tickets also if he put on then. 

?

I'm gutted Andy has pulled out.. I've saved for 5 years to see him in a slam.. ???

2 hours ago, JamieD said:

Murray is out.

Federer needs to at least beat Nadal in this tournament if he wins it, otherwise people will be talking about asterisks forever :lol: 

Laugh all you want, saying one thing and doing it is harder.

you appear to be a tennis expert, you do have a beef against Nadal, which I can't understand. 

Last 12 months you've been saying fed is done, he's not playing like 2005, never win another slam.. why should we agree with your opinion now he should win it, ( outwith asterisks)

not saying I'm any better, but after Wednesday I can at least defend myself in attending a slam.. and not the easy one in London. 

Just now, barrymorrison1 said:

Laugh all you want, saying one thing and doing it is harder.

you appear to be a tennis expert, you do have a beef against Nadal, which I can't understand. 

Last 12 months you've been saying fed is done, he's not playing like 2005, never win another slam.. why should we agree with your opinion now he should win it, ( outwith asterisks)

not saying I'm any better, but after Wednesday I can at least defend myself in attending a slam.. and not the easy one in London. 

Eh?

Here's me on the subject of Federer in the last 12 months (during which period apparently I've been saying he's "done"):

Federer won a hard court slam 6 months ago. He is playing much, much better than he was in 2015 when he reached the US Open final. Djokovic was rampant then. He's not now. Neither is Murray. They might not even play. A Federer-Nadal final would be very interesting, and with Federer winning their last four meetings on hard courts, he ought to be seen as favourite.

Federer's reflexes are still ridiculous.

This is Federer's best start to a season since 2006. Since his absolute peak, that is.

Nadal spent much of that match going to Federer's forehand, in utter terror of the backhand. What a bizarre turn of events. How do you improve a shot that much aged 35?

Federer's backhand is bananas.

Since 2014, Federer has made the same number of slam finals as Murray, and won the same number too.

At the age of 35, returning from injury, Federer beat 4 top ten players, four slam finalists, with 17 slams between them, winning 3 five-setters in the process, culminating in a 5 setter against probably the second best player of all-time, who has been his absolute worst nightmare for over a decade, and who was a break up against him in the final set.

On reflection, one of the most impressive titles ever?

This Federer here, he looks like at the age of 27 he should have been annihilating Nadal on grass and hard courts. I know Nadal isn't peak here either, but he's just doing a lot less of the really stupid stuff he has always done against Nadal.

Have literally no idea what you're on about mate. Nor any idea why you think me saying what people who aren't Federer fans (ie, not me) will say about him if he wins a slam where so many top players are missing means I'M slagging him off. Nor do I have any idea why you think you're in competition with other posters over which tournaments they've attended and how valid that makes their opinions :huh:

12 hours ago, Orange Persson said:

Have to wonder a little at the womens game now. 15 months out and straight in Sharapova beats the No 2.

Have to give credit though. Big time player with slams is Sharapova. She does to Halep what Serena does to her.

It's not her first match back, to be fair. Her ban has been up for a while now.

On 30/08/2017 at 6:43 AM, Creampuff said:

Federer takes 5 sets to beat Tiafoe.

I think Zverev might win this tbh...

Well he has gone now. A tough tight match. Not ready yet and always so hard to get that first Slam. Always laugh when press says beaten by a 41 or 61 in the world.

So little between shotmakers and power in this game. A few points here and there at times.

Slam winners still the favs here.

At the us open last 2 days. Watched delpo and sharapova yesterday. Both beasts in their field when serving.

marias match was really good. Sometimes these can be drab, but both players were excellent.

hope Delpo can stay fit.

IMG_4037.JPG

IMG_4040.JPG

IMG_4056.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

IMG_4019.JPG

I'm not sure if Federer is still injured as such, but he definitely hasn't been able to prep properly for this tournament. 

Shame really, but how nicely has this tournament opened up for Nadal? As it stands he will win this tournament beating Thiem and Cilic in the last two matches :lol: 

8 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

At the us open last 2 days. Watched delpo and sharapova yesterday. Both beasts in their field when serving.

marias match was really good. Sometimes these can be drab, but both players were excellent.

hope Delpo can stay fit.

IMG_4037.JPG

IMG_4040.JPG

IMG_4056.JPG

IMG_4012.JPG

IMG_4019.JPG

Looks amazing Barry. Living the dream/another one off the bucket list.

55 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

No surprise with Dimitrov at all.

This might go down as the worst grand slam, Cilic vs Isner is the best SF match on offer going by seeding. Fed is struggling with an injury, no way he goes 5 sets with Youhzny otherwise and will end up winning the final in straight sets against Cilic after Nadal loses in the next couple of rounds.

Thought after winning a Masters, he'd at least get to the second week but aye, he's a shitebag.

That's why I was hoping one of the younger players would step up. Suppose Shapovalov, Rublev and Coric have all been encouraging stories.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lopez beats Federer.

4 hours ago, don logan said:

There's a ball boy with a massive bald patch at the near end. Never seen a bald ball boy......

Haha, we've been saying the same.. very good at his job, but he's defo mid 20's.. I've been to the O2  last 5 years.. the lta use kids, and a lot better.. the usta have them launching balls across court like a quarterback.. no danger it happens in our back yard. 

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

Off to the Open QFs tomorrow. Cannot fuckin believe I won't see any of the big 4. It's all worked out utterly horrifically. :lol::no:

Oh well. So it goes.

That is hard luck my friend.

still, embrace the day, enjoy it.

best tennis stadium in the world.

IMG_4007.MOV