36 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I think he is doing the right thing. Its a busted flush and with no points to defend for next season he can charge at No1 again.

I hope he can get back to top form put a temperamental hip is never ideal. If the 6 months rest does the job then great if no he as well retiring. getting a hip op at his age would be to much to come back from. First week of the Australia  open could be interesting maybe see some big matches early. Murray may well be seeded outside the top 16 

On 11/09/2017 at 00:02, Inigo said:

Nadal's got to have a half a chance of catching Federer in the slams stakes now?

I dunno. 3 slams is still an awful lot, especially given Murray and Djokovic will be back next year. That's before you consider his injury history which could always resurface.

His best chance is probably 3 more French Opens :lol: 

8 hours ago, Creampuff said:

I dunno. 3 slams is still an awful lot, especially given Murray and Djokovic will be back next year. That's before you consider his injury history which could always resurface.

His best chance is probably 3 more French Opens :lol: 

And fed winning none. Not discluding Wawrinka. 3 slams wins in 3 finals before losing his fourth at RG.

I think Novak will come back big time.

All ifs and buts with Slams for Andy. Lets not forget that Laver would be top of the list. He missed at least 20? Slams with turning Pro between 62 -68. In 62 he won the true Grand Slam and did same in 68. No man since then has done even one true Grand Slam. So in his 6 years out, how many would he have gotten?  It speaks for itself I think.

He still got 11 I think with his best 6 years out!