Creampuff

*** The Tennis Thread ***

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Bought tickets for the US recently. Praying to see him. HAVE to see him or Murray or will be in a deep, deep cream puff.

Well jel. I've seen Federer twice at the tour finals but it's just not the same as a slam.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Bought tickets for the US recently. Praying to see him. HAVE to see him or Murray or will be in a deep, deep cream puff.

You'll be in deep with @Creampuff

:matron:

In all seriousness, never attended a tennis match, not sure if it would be brilliant and completely boring.

2 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Well jel. I've seen Federer twice at the tour finals but it's just not the same as a slam.

It's for the QFs. Pretty good seats as well. Leaving before the SFs and Fs so that's the best I can get. 

Order of preference: Fed, Murray, Nadal, Djok.

Make it happen, God.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It'll make his hissy fit that resulted in his name change look tame, I guarantee. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

It'll make his hissy fit that resulted in his name change look tame, I guarantee. 

Missed this, what happened?

What day have you got booked? Day or night session?

QFs usually on separate days and two different sessions, so you will get a woman's match as well. Hope you get lucky!

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Missed this, what happened?

What day have you got booked? Day or night session?

QFs usually on separate days and two different sessions, so you will get a woman's match as well. Hope you get lucky!

Canny mind, but he had a wee huff and his name was changed from Compton to Creampuff.

That seemed to suit him quite well so it was decided by the forum that it should remain, and it has to this day. 

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

In all seriousness, never attended a tennis match, not sure if it would be brilliant and completely boring.

Me neither, but I can't see it being anything other than a good experience, at very least as a one off.

It's something different, and I like the sport, so should be fun.

Looking at the schedule, it's not outside the realms of possibility that Federer ends the season as Number 1... 

Djokovic is out for the rest of the year.

Nadal could be world number 1 next week if he has a good run in this tournament.

Nadal loses to Shapovalov.

If Federer goes on to win the tournament, then he'll be 10 points behind Rafa heading into Cincinnati; and a straight shoot out for World Number 1.

Can't ever remember seeing such a poor QF line-up at a masters event.

Haase vs Scwartzman

Agut vs Fed

Shapovalov vs Mannarino

Zverev vs Anderson

Federer pulls out of Cincinnati, thus confirming Rafael Nadal takes over world number 1 stop.

5 of the world's top 7 are out injured and Zverev will probably be tired from his win this week. 

Murrray route to a possible final:

R1: Sandgren
R2: Mayer/Dutra Silva
R3: Schwartzman
R4: Pouille
QF: Tsonga
SF: Zverev
F: Nadal/Federer

Some draw for Murray baring in mind alot of big names are out (djokovic nishikori raonic wawrinka) could be his best chance for another slam.

That's a fucking dream draw for Murray. 

None of his usual shite though, he's not 100% so can't be dropping stupid sets in the first week.

3 hours ago, Creampuff said:

That's a fucking dream draw for Murray. 

None of his usual shite though, he's not 100% so can't be dropping stupid sets in the first week.

Be hard for him to compete. He needs to be 100% or he struggles IMO. Looks like fed could be favourite in my eyes.

im going . Leaving Edinburgh to NY on Monday morning, got Arthur Ashe tickets for Tuesday and Wednesday. £750 for 2 for 2 days. None of yer in the gods pish. 

Also they give access to the other showcourts. Took Ashe as in case it rains.

canny wait. Fed is the only top player I've not saw at the O2.

hopefully this is my chance, might have to get night tickets also if he put on then. 

😮

Murray is out.

Federer needs to at least beat Nadal in this tournament if he wins it, otherwise people will be talking about asterisks forever :lol: 

11 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Be hard for him to compete. He needs to be 100% or he struggles IMO. Looks like fed could be favourite in my eyes.

im going . Leaving Edinburgh to NY on Monday morning, got Arthur Ashe tickets for Tuesday and Wednesday. £750 for 2 for 2 days. None of yer in the gods pish. 

Also they give access to the other showcourts. Took Ashe as in case it rains.

canny wait. Fed is the only top player I've not saw at the O2.

hopefully this is my chance, might have to get night tickets also if he put on then. 

😮

I'm gutted Andy has pulled out.. I've saved for 5 years to see him in a slam.. 😫😫😫

2 hours ago, JamieD said:

Murray is out.

Federer needs to at least beat Nadal in this tournament if he wins it, otherwise people will be talking about asterisks forever :lol: 

Laugh all you want, saying one thing and doing it is harder.

you appear to be a tennis expert, you do have a beef against Nadal, which I can't understand. 

Last 12 months you've been saying fed is done, he's not playing like 2005, never win another slam.. why should we agree with your opinion now he should win it, ( outwith asterisks)

not saying I'm any better, but after Wednesday I can at least defend myself in attending a slam.. and not the easy one in London. 

Just now, barrymorrison1 said:

Laugh all you want, saying one thing and doing it is harder.

you appear to be a tennis expert, you do have a beef against Nadal, which I can't understand. 

Last 12 months you've been saying fed is done, he's not playing like 2005, never win another slam.. why should we agree with your opinion now he should win it, ( outwith asterisks)

not saying I'm any better, but after Wednesday I can at least defend myself in attending a slam.. and not the easy one in London. 

Eh?

Here's me on the subject of Federer in the last 12 months (during which period apparently I've been saying he's "done"):

Federer won a hard court slam 6 months ago. He is playing much, much better than he was in 2015 when he reached the US Open final. Djokovic was rampant then. He's not now. Neither is Murray. They might not even play. A Federer-Nadal final would be very interesting, and with Federer winning their last four meetings on hard courts, he ought to be seen as favourite.

Federer's reflexes are still ridiculous.

This is Federer's best start to a season since 2006. Since his absolute peak, that is.

Nadal spent much of that match going to Federer's forehand, in utter terror of the backhand. What a bizarre turn of events. How do you improve a shot that much aged 35?

Federer's backhand is bananas.

Since 2014, Federer has made the same number of slam finals as Murray, and won the same number too.

At the age of 35, returning from injury, Federer beat 4 top ten players, four slam finalists, with 17 slams between them, winning 3 five-setters in the process, culminating in a 5 setter against probably the second best player of all-time, who has been his absolute worst nightmare for over a decade, and who was a break up against him in the final set.

On reflection, one of the most impressive titles ever?

This Federer here, he looks like at the age of 27 he should have been annihilating Nadal on grass and hard courts. I know Nadal isn't peak here either, but he's just doing a lot less of the really stupid stuff he has always done against Nadal.

Have literally no idea what you're on about mate. Nor any idea why you think me saying what people who aren't Federer fans (ie, not me) will say about him if he wins a slam where so many top players are missing means I'M slagging him off. Nor do I have any idea why you think you're in competition with other posters over which tournaments they've attended and how valid that makes their opinions :huh:

Looking forward to the Womens as well. Sharapova V Halep for starters. The little pocket dynamo will be fav. I hope she delivers in that one.