6 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Djokovic wins and equals Sampras record of 14 grand slams nadal on 17 and federer on 20 how unlucky has murray been to be in the same era as those 3.

While having the ability, I don’t think Murray has ever been strong enough mentally to be able to dominate, for periods/surfaces the way those three have. If any one of those three hadn’t been about we’d have seen a big rise in the other two’s grand slams, and maybe another one for Murray, Wawrinka, Cilic and Del Potro.

7 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Djokovic wins and equals Sampras record of 14 grand slams nadal on 17 and federer on 20 how unlucky has murray been to be in the same era as those 3.

Yes & no, of course he would have likely won a few more slams, however the fact he has been competitive and won during an era with such greats probably means more to him than if he had dominated during an "easy" era.

The Murray argument about eras always pisses me off, Murray did have the ability to win more grand slams than he actually has, if he kept falling short at the semifinal stage I could perhaps agree but he has made countless finals in his career which tells me mentally he was not as strong as the other 3, if he was sitting with 6 or 7 grand slams to his name I believe he would class that as a having a fantastic career, sadly for Murray he will be regarded more as in a casting role when it comes to the big 4.

The other issue regarding injuries, Federer started picking up niggling injuries nothing to serious as the other 3 but he managed his schedule to suit his ageing body and it came up trumps as he continued to win grand slams, Nadal who has never been short of injuries has came back and won more grand slams and now Djokovic has came back and won 2 this season...... in short where does that leave Murray... I will be amazed if Murray wins another slam coming back from his hip surgery as he looks painfully short of the player he was, I hope I'm wrong and he can come back but again  but I  feel that Murray will sadly be the odd man out again of the big 4.

I actually think the strength of the era has pushed Murray to be a better player, and certainly a better athlete, than he otherwise might have been. His personality is that of a brittle confidence player, the kind of guy who, like Marat Safin, might have had all the talent in the world but who didn't have the mindset to put it all together in the weak era he started his career in, nevermind the strong one he ended it in. Instead, facing three generational legends whose careers by some freak occurrence happened to nearly perfectly overlap, Murray has had to fight for everything rather than coast along, underachieving.

Serena Williams claims that no man has ever been docked a game????

Someone show her David Nalbadian getting DQ at in the final of Queens club....he lost the plot for 1 second that day and paid a hefty price.

TBH the umpire should of DQ her..... her coach was caught on camera coaching so she was indeed cheating, her claim that she had never cheated in her life means jack shit after that incident, to call the umpire a liar and demand an apology for her flaunting of the rules was laughable, she was trying to bully the umpire and should be made to pay a hefty price for her outburst

Her whole behaviour was/is disgraceful.She flaunted the rules and disliked the umpires decisions because they went against her.Now the whole feminist world are out supporting her,even though she/s in the wrong.Now that den of iniquity,C4 are doing a hatchet job on the umpire,why?....simply because he's male.How could the umpires decisions be sexist when two women were playing,I suppose she couldn't us the racist word as they are both black?

....and Serena,you're not the 1st woman to have a baby and you won't be the last,grown up ffs.

38 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Serena Williams claims that no man has ever been docked a game????

Someone show her David Nalbadian getting DQ at in the final of Queens club....he lost the plot for 1 second that day and paid a hefty price.

TBH the umpire should of DQ her..... her coach was caught on camera coaching so she was indeed cheating, her claim that she had never cheated in her life means jack shit after that incident, to call the umpire a liar and demand an apology for her flaunting of the rules was laughable, she was trying to bully the umpire and should be made to pay a hefty price for her outburst

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 07:32, left winger said:

While having the ability, I don’t think Murray has ever been strong enough mentally to be able to dominate, for periods/surfaces the way those three have. If any one of those three hadn’t been about we’d have seen a big rise in the other two’s grand slams, and maybe another one for Murray, Wawrinka, Cilic and Del Potro.

I don't really disagree with you, but if Djokovic hadn't been around I think he would have won a good few Australian Opens.

17 hours ago, MaddistonKnight said:

I don't really disagree with you, but if Djokovic hadn't been around I think he would have won a good few Australian Opens.

The number of finals he lost to Djokovic would suggest that, but I think he also lost to Federer in one, so I’m not so sure.

I suppose, in his defence, his first few grad slam finals, which he lost, were against Federer and Djokovic. I think Federer, Djokovic and Nadal all had far lesser talents to play in their first slam finals. These matches probably played a large part in shaping their mentality over the years. They learned to win, while Murray learned to lose.

Looking at other slam winners - if I was Murray and retired in three wins, then saw Wawrinka had three, as well - at three different ones, I’d be a bit pissed off with myself.

48 minutes ago, left winger said:

The number of finals he lost to Djokovic would suggest that, but I think he also lost to Federer in one, so I’m not so sure.

I suppose, in his defence, his first few grad slam finals, which he lost, were against Federer and Djokovic. I think Federer, Djokovic and Nadal all had far lesser talents to play in their first slam finals. These matches probably played a large part in shaping their mentality over the years. They learned to win, while Murray learned to lose.

Looking at other slam winners - if I was Murray and retired in three wins, then saw Wawrinka had three, as well - at three different ones, I’d be a bit pissed off with myself.

I am sure he had a couple of tough semi-finals which took it out of him as well, definitely didn't help.

As for your point re. Wawrinka, couldn't agree more. 

• 3 weeks later...