*** The Tennis Thread ***

Federer could well win this. 

Looked at his best vs Kyrgios.

On 02/09/2018 at 07:05, Creampuff said:

Federer could well win this. 

Looked at his best vs Kyrgios.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Watched it. Her coach was making signals got caught. He admitted after the match he was giving her signals. She took away from the young girls glory night. Sour grapes from the cow.  

Cannot stand her.  Always had a nasty edge to her in my opinion and likes playing the victim.

At least she didn’t come out with this again:

” I swear to god I’ll fucking take the ball and shove it down your fucking throat”

Must be mellowing with motherhood.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Watched it. Her coach was making signals got caught. He admitted after the match he was giving her signals. She took away from the young girls glory night. Sour grapes from the cow.  

Spot on mate. 

• Like 1

Horrible behaviour, she knows her time is coming to an end. Making excuses for her own failings. Playing the sexism and maternity card too, a bit pathetic IMO

She should blame her coach first and formost before pointing fingers at officials.  

tennis is probably the least sexist sport there is. Its one of the few that has a decent womens setup in the first place and that pays them exactly the same as the men for winning a tourney - despite the fact they have to do half the work in a major and are nowhere near the standard of the men.

Basically she is demanding to have the right to cheat and be abusive 🤔

• Like 2

If it wasn't for Judy Murray she would be the most detestable woman involved in tennis.

"Jesus this was supposed to be my coronation here and she is smashing me, I need to find a way to deflect from this loss". That is basically what happened. Couldn't face fact she was losing. 

• Like 1

Americans are so rude continually shouting out when the players are ready to serve

Djokovic wins and equals Sampras record of 14 grand slams nadal on 17 and federer on 20 how unlucky has murray been to be in the same era as those 3.

6 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Djokovic wins and equals Sampras record of 14 grand slams nadal on 17 and federer on 20 how unlucky has murray been to be in the same era as those 3.

While having the ability, I don’t think Murray has ever been strong enough mentally to be able to dominate, for periods/surfaces the way those three have. If any one of those three hadn’t been about we’d have seen a big rise in the other two’s grand slams, and maybe another one for Murray, Wawrinka, Cilic and Del Potro.

7 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Yes & no, of course he would have likely won a few more slams, however the fact he has been competitive and won during an era with such greats probably means more to him than if he had dominated during an "easy" era.

The Murray argument about eras always pisses me off, Murray did have the ability to win more grand slams than he actually has, if he kept falling short at the semifinal stage I could perhaps agree but he has made countless finals in his career which tells me mentally he was not as strong as the other 3, if he was sitting with 6 or 7 grand slams to his name I believe he would class that as a having a fantastic career, sadly for Murray he will be regarded more as in a casting role when it comes to the big 4.

The other issue regarding injuries, Federer started picking up niggling injuries nothing to serious as the other 3 but he managed his schedule to suit his ageing body and it came up trumps as he continued to win grand slams, Nadal who has never been short of injuries has came back and won more grand slams and now Djokovic has came back and won 2 this season...... in short where does that leave Murray... I will be amazed if Murray wins another slam coming back from his hip surgery as he looks painfully short of the player he was, I hope I'm wrong and he can come back but again  but I  feel that Murray will sadly be the odd man out again of the big 4.

I actually think the strength of the era has pushed Murray to be a better player, and certainly a better athlete, than he otherwise might have been. His personality is that of a brittle confidence player, the kind of guy who, like Marat Safin, might have had all the talent in the world but who didn't have the mindset to put it all together in the weak era he started his career in, nevermind the strong one he ended it in. Instead, facing three generational legends whose careers by some freak occurrence happened to nearly perfectly overlap, Murray has had to fight for everything rather than coast along, underachieving.

• Like 1

By the end of this month there won't be a male slam winner under the age of 30.