Nadal, fresh and top form. Stan can play better but might not get the chance. Stan's backhand is better on a faster court when players attack the net. He is too far back to hit his winners from that wing, with a guy who covers the court like Rafa. The serve is so good that Stan cannot hit out a winner from backhand either.  Stan is doing no better than Thiem at this point.

That inside out forehand moving backwards from Rafa was fucking ridiculous. That right there is why I don't like him. He has some of the best attacking weapons in the history of the sport but plays mostly defensive tennis.

You see Stan hit his best shot crosscourt and it is run down and returned. On the faster court, Stan is used to that being nothing more than a get.

I don't see why Rafa cannot come in and win Wimbledon now. Yeah, I know it's a different surface etc. He was winning Wimbledon and Roland Garros consecutive before though and beating natural grass court players. The key thing is that he is back to his peak. Get enough practice on the grass.....

8 minutes ago, JamieD said:

That inside out forehand moving backwards from Rafa was fucking ridiculous. That right there is why I don't like him. He has some of the best attacking weapons in the history of the sport but plays mostly defensive tennis.

I like him.

I've got a weird thing (could be common) where I seem to associate and like sportsmen that are left handed/footed due to me also being a lefty

Carlos, albertz, gio spring to mind.

I actually feel left footers have a better strike overall tbh, probably an unfounded assumption though.

1 minute ago, Orange Persson said:

You see Stan hit his best shot crosscourt and it is run down and returned. On the faster court, Stan is used to that being nothing more than a get.

I don't see why Rafa cannot come in and win Wimbledon now. Yeah, I know it's a different surface etc. He was winning Wimbledon and Roland Garros consecutive before though and beating natural grass court players. The key thing is that he is back to his peak. Get enough practice on the grass.....

I got him at 12s for Wimbledon last night. He's as short as 11-2 with some now. Still decent value.....

Just now, born a blue nose said:

I like him.

I've got a weird thing (could be common) where I seem to associate and like sportsmen that are left handed/footed due to me also being a lefty

Carlos, albertz, gio spring to mind.

I actually feel left footers have a better strike overall tbh, probably an unfounded assumption.

Not that I'm comparing myself to a top sportsman, but I'm two-footed, I feel perfectly comfortable kicking a ball with both feet, but I have definitely scored far more screamers on the volley with my left foot than my right, so there may be something to that :lol: Can't think why it would be though.

2 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Not that I'm comparing myself to a top sportsman, but I'm two-footed, I feel perfectly comfortable kicking a ball with both feet, but I have definitely scored far more screamers on the volley with my left foot than my right, so there may be something to that :lol: Can't think why it would be though.

Jamie van bastin ?