Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Yes - because it fits those I directed against - those that CANT be happy when we sign a decent player,who great season last season and knows all about the club !

You are using it in the wrong context though.....many were unhappy when we signed davie weir and were proved wrong, many were unhappy when we signed Beattie and were proved right.....how the Boyd signing works out second time around remains to be seen but being unhappy at the club signing 2 30+ strikers instead of investing in youth is an opinion not "bitterness".

Slightly off topic here but seeing as your in such a mood to defend McCoist do you think you could finally get round to posting a response to this...

"You want arguments? Ok.

In the league:

In season 1 he blew a 15 point lead in the space of two months, dropping points against the likes of Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Mirren(x2), Aberdeen and celtic. We started well but that was with a team who had won the double the previous season, as soon as he put his stamp on the team we started regressing massively. Administration and off field issues covered up what was a poor campaign.

Season 2. He dropped points against Annan(x2), Peterhead(x2), Berwick, Stirling Albion(3!), Elgin and Montrose(x2) That is absolutely disgraceful with the squad he had at his disposal. This is without blooding youngsters.

Season 3. He went undefeated playing atrocious football. So what? Look at the opposition.

In the cups:

Season 1

Fucked out the Champions League by Malmo

Fucked out the Europa League by Maribor

Humiliated in the League cup by Falkirk

Embarrassed by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup

Season 2

Humiliated by QOTS in the Ramsdens

Humiliated by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup

Humiliated by Inverness in the League Cup

Season 3

Humiliated by Raith in the Ramsdens

Humiliated by Forfar in the League Cup

Fucked out by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup. AGAIN.

Signings

Success, failure or neither(imo)

Ortiz F

Wallace S

Goian N

Bartley F(played out of position)

Bedoya F

Bocanegra S

McKay F

Aluko S

Celik F

He deemed Weiss not good enough but signed Celik, Bedoya, McKay and Ortiz in the same position.

Black F

Shiels F

Sandaza F

Cribari F

Kyle F

Faure F

Argyriou F

Tempelton F

Stella F

Not one good signing that summer

Bell N

Law F

Daly F

Clark N

Peralta F

Smith N

Foster F

Mohsni F

Simonsen F

Brand of football:

Turgid, unattractive, hard to watch, route one, pathetic.

Developing youngsters:

In his three years he's only regularly played Aird and Macleod. Aird is average at best and he's ruining Macleod by playing him out of position.

Overall:

He's made the same mistakes time and again and has shown no signs of improving. He's a dud.

Now after reading that can you give me some reasons why he should stay?"

I think you've avoided it long enough.

He signed Boyd!

You are using it in the wrong context though.....many were unhappy when we signed davie weir and were proved wrong, many were unhappy when we signed Beattie and were proved right.....how the Boyd signing works out second time around remains to be seen but being unhappy at the club signing 2 30+ strikers instead of investing in youth is an opinion not "bitterness".

Try rereading the posters I called bitter again - they were being 'bitter' in their expressing of an opinion. Correct context!

Anyway I'm happy - it's Friday and today 'our' club made a very good signing - that's my opinion!

Suppose even you can't defend the indefensible?

What's indefensible? Signing a proven goal scorer ? Ffs! How sad the Alky haters are that some of them can't even recognise a good signing. If we signed Messi some of the folks on here would find fault in it!