Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Ally McCoist is set to snub the chance to sign Kris Boyd for a third time.

The Ibrox club have been offered the services of their record-breaking goalscorer.

Boyd is available on a Bosman and has made it clear a return to Rangers would be his preferred destination this summer.

But it looks as though McCoist isn’t interested in bringing the man who hit 22 goals for Kilmarnock last term on board.

Boyd was offered to McCoist prior to his move to the USA, and once again on his return to Scotland before he signed for Kilmarnock.

His former strike partner Kenny Mller has signed for the Championship club, but it looks like Boyd will join Aberdeen or Dundee United.

Kris Boyd was the top scorer at Rangers during every season he spent with the Ibrox club.

Yet it looks as though the man who watched the goal machine break all kinds of records isn’t interested in bringing him back to the club.

Ally McCoist knows better than anyone the value of having a player who guarantees goals, having done so throughout his own playing career.

He’s been offered the services of 30-year-old Boyd on a Bosman this summer and also assured a potential deal wouldn’t break down on wages.

It’s the third time in the last two years McCoist has had the opportunity to sign the fans’ favourite.

But Boyd has accepted his dream of returning to his boyhood heroes isn’t going to happen and is likely to sign for either Aberdeen or Dundee United.

When Kenny Miller signed for a third time this summer, supporters started to dream of seeing the deadly duo link up again this season in the Championship.

They formed a lethal partnership that produced 47 goals in one season, and John Fleck admits it would be a mouth-watering prospect for the Rangers support.

“They were an unbelievable partnership but especially in season 2009-2010 when the two of them were scoring goals for fun,” said Fleck.

“I just felt they complemented each other perfectly. Boydy would always score the most goals but that season Kenny was scoring just about every week as well.

“If one didn’t score then the other one would. And they were a massive reason why we won the League title and League Cup that season.”

As it transpired, that would be their last campaign together as the beginning of cost-cutting measures resulted in Boyd leaving to join

Middlesbrough after his contract expired at the Ibrox outfit.

Miller went on to prove himself even more prolific the following season when he netted 22 goals before the end of January. But he followed Boyd out the door as he was flogged off to Turkey.

But Fleck remains convinced, four years on from that highly-successful season, both players are capable of turning back time.

He said: “Kenny will be a great signing. He’s an experienced player and he was always one of the fittest players at the club.

“I’m not surprised Rangers have signed him again. He would still be a great signing for the club if they were in the Premier League, never mind the Championship.

“I don’t know if there is any interest from Rangers in signing Boydy or whether he wants to go back. But the supporters would love to see them link up again.”

And Fleck reckons Boyd would continue to be as prolific as ever and believes whatever team lands him will be gettng a goal machine.

He said: “I obviously didn’t see much of Kilmarnock last season but I’ve spoken to a lot of people who have and they’ve been raving about Kris.

“Listen, for him to score 22 goals for them when they spent most of the season battling at the bottom end of the table was incredible.

“I don’t know if his goals alone kept them in the division but you’d certainly have to think they did.

“You get the ball to him in the box and he’ll put it in the back of the net. That is what he does and he does it better than most.”

Source - http://www.sundaypos...d-time-1.423382

It's common knowledge that Ally and Boyd don't see eye to eye.

Hopefully he's got someone else in mind though, I can't go through another season of Jon Daly up front.

I am hoping the board have someone else in mind and I am not talking about a new striker.

Boyd in my opinion currently is a better player than when he left us, he had a brilliant season at Killie and his work rate has vastly improved. I didn't want Miller back but one of the upsides was the possibility Boyd would return and partner him up top. It sickens me that he'll end up at the Sheep or Dundee Hibs.

Another usless fucking decision by super Ally. He signs Jon Daly last year baffling decision. He gets a chance to sign Boyd this year and knocks it back.

If it's true that he doesn't get on with him then this "Rangers man" is not putting Rangers first.

Joke of a manager.

Another usless fucking decision by super Ally. He signs Jon Daly last year baffling decision. He gets a chance to sign Boyd this year and knocks it back.

If it's true that he doesn't get on with him then this "Rangers man" is not putting Rangers first.

Joke of a manager.

I have got to agree. He has become a huge liability to the club and is damaging the Rangers brand more and more each day.

What is this article even based on?

No quotes, just a few throwaway lines from Flexk about how good Boyd is.

I don't know who wrote it but it comes across very negative ;

"Snub the chance"

"McCoist isn't interested in bringing the man who hit 22 goals for Kilmarnock last term on board"

"Yet it looks as though the man who watched the goal machine break all kinds of records isn't interested in bringing him back to the club"