Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

first boyd has already stated kille have first refusual.

two how can boyd or his agent assure wages wont b a problem when they dont know what we can afford

three we dont know if signing boyd can be achieved in the budget or if signing boyd would not leave enough for other targets

4 the budget was to be one out one in i imagine that has came way down with the season ticket sales being so low.

Doubt very much we could afford him if he wants more than a grand a week.

I hope more than anything that this article is incorrect. However if Ally was interested in signing Boyd, he would have been signed a long time ago.

Boyd has been under the knife in the closed season IIIRC. We couldn't sign him till he was able to take a medical AFAIK.

The article has no quotes of substance and is based purely on guesswork. I hope it's wrong as I would love to see Boyd back, and I thik it would be a huge mistake not to sign him.

I will adopt my wait and see tactic on this one before i slate Ally.

Ffs calm down.

I think ally is rank and shouldn't be in his job.

But there's not one quote from him, his assistants or anyone at the club. And theres folk on here going raj at him. Folk treating it as fact.

Show a bit of perspective and debate / criticise actuals not pish make believe /heresay.

heresy's a bit strong :lol:

The people that are furious when Ally signs older players, no sell on value, not looking to the future, only looks at ex players etc are some of the same posters who are now furious that he might not want to sign Boyd. If we do sign him they'll be furious because of all the things already mentioned as well as his extra wage.

I've said before Boyd would have been my number 1 target but it's no great deal if we don't sign him.

The people that are furious when Ally signs older players, no sell on value, not looking to the future, only looks at ex players etc are some of the same posters who are now furious that he might not want to sign Boyd. If we do sign him they'll be furious because of all the things already mentioned as well as his extra wage.

I've said before Boyd would have been my number 1 target but it's no great deal if we don't sign him.

Furious because he would rather sign Jon Daly before he does Boyd. He brings back people like Steven Smith Ricky Foster but doesn't want to bring back Boyd?

If Ally McCoist is going to bring back ex players at least sign the ones that are going to make the difference.

No they couldn't they are on their arse Financially.

Apparently not as bad as you might think and i reckon they'd go all out for Boyd:

Aberdeen have signed a new three-year sponsorship deal they claim could be worth a seven-figure sum.

They have not revealed the exact value but say the agreement with oil services firm Saltire Energy extends beyond having its name on their shirts.

Aberdeen vice-chairman George Yule said: "We are absolutely delighted to have secured this partnership with Saltire Energy.

"They are also going to support all of our youth development teams."

The new sponsor will feature on the club's new home and away kits for next season.

Through its "Saltire in the Community" programme, it is already involved with many sporting programmes, such as AFC Youth, The Paul Lawrie Foundation, Saltire Energy Sports for Schools, University of Aberdeen Sporting Scholarships and Curling for Schools.

Now Saltire Energy's Mike Loggie was looking forward to building on his company's relationship with the club after their third-place finish in the Scottish Premiership and lifting of the Scottish League Cup.

"I am a long-standing fan of the club and admire the way they perform both on and off the pitch," he said.

"When we heard that there was an opportunity to become the official sponsor for AFC, we were keen to take over this prestigious title and strengthen our involvement with the club.

Where on earth are there quotes saying that Boyd has been offered, where on earth are the quotes from Boyd saying he would join us again, where on earth are the quotes from anyone that he has been snubbed by the club.

“I don’t know if there is any interest from Rangers in signing Boydy or whether he wants to go back. But the supporters would love to see them link up again."

Don't you think this one piece that is an actual quote totally contradicts the whole fucking story?

I never wanted either of them. But if we had to have one I'd take a 30 year old who scored 22 goals in the SPFL last season over a 34 yo who was released by a Canadian team and hasn't kicked a ball since.

Where on earth are there quotes saying that Boyd has been offered, where on earth are the quotes from Boyd saying he would join us again, where on earth are the quotes from anyone that he has been snubbed by the club.

“I don’t know if there is any interest from Rangers in signing Boydy or whether he wants to go back. But the supporters would love to see them link up again."

Don't you think this one piece that is an actual quote totally contradicts the whole fucking story?

No because Ally has said on live TV that he hopes to sign Boyd. And Boyd has said he would like to come back.

Why would Fleck know anything?

No because Ally has said on live TV that he hopes to sign Boyd. And Boyd has said he would like to come back.

I'm talking about the actual story that totally contradicts itself, no quotes nothing from any other person, just what Fleck said total 100% pile of shite from another tabloid.

And as was pointed out earlier Boyd has been for an operation on his ankle who is to say that if we are after him he would even pass a medical?

boyd walked off during a final because he was too hot, then fucked off when he seen the dollar signs, theres plenty capable strikers available surely, just cause weve signed miller doesnt mean we need boyd

In your first post on this thread you're having a go at the manager for not making a decision based on what Fleck's supposed to have said then in this one you're asking why would Fleck know anything. Make your mind up ffs