Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

I hope this isn't true! I've always wanted Boyd to come back to us. I'll be really gutted :(

Boyd is one of my all time favourites and I was gutted the first time he left. Considering he was the SPL all time top goal scorer, I felt their was a lack of effort made to keep him by the club. I thought there was a strong possibility that we might have signed him last season but wasn't overly surprised that Ally didn't since it was a slight gamble considering his spells at previous clubs. However I was surprised that we signed the likes of Daly instead. Killie took a gamble on him and it paid dividends as he single handedly kept them in the SPFL.

However after proving himself at Killie, seeing how Daly has performed (or should I say not performed) and also the fact that he is on a free transfer it will be totally unforgivable if Ally does not sign Boyd this season. He could be the difference between us getting promotion. The Miller\Boyd partnership would also one of the best in Scottish football. I know Ally has proved himself to be inept as a manager time and time again but this truly would be the final straw for me.

As much as I'd love to see mccoist walk away.....Miller is a better player than Boyd. FACT.....also miller (although not the right type age wise) offers us an option we don't presently have.

Spot on. People conveniently forget the run Miller went on when Boyd left. Boyd shackled him when they played together.

But more importantly, who's to say gallacher won't be a goal machine of he gets his chance? He has the most potential of the youth coming through IMO

Signs the striker nobody wants. Knocks back the striker most would have preferred :anguish:

While Daly is still here I think Miller was the type we needed more out of the two, obviously I'd rather Boyd than Daly but we need to get him shifted first

Sign miller who is past it and ignore boyd. Absolutely shocking if true. Another season of that donkey daly up front fuck me will be bruta.

if we play with daly up front we will struggle.gutted, was expecting boyd.we will wait and see he could still sign yet.miller will make a difference if played.

Boyd in my opinion currently is a better player than when he left us, he had a brilliant season at Killie and his work rate has vastly improved. I didn't want Miller back but one of the upsides was the possibility Boyd would return and partner him up top. It sickens me that he'll end up at the Sheep or Dundee Hibs.

Everyone except Ally can see this sadly.

Think some need to look at this from a different perspective - we might actually get Clark, Law, Templeton, Shiels and Gallacher as regulars with daly and the like (bar Jig obviously, he's a cert to play) benched.

I know it sounds a bit ridiculous given what we've endured last season but i think even ally will realise we are going to need pace and hunger to win this league, the other tams have it in abundance.

But PLEASE Ally, get a leader in the midfield FFS!!

As much as I'd love to see mccoist walk away.....Miller is a better player than Boyd. FACT.....also miller (although not the right type age wise) offers us an option we don't presently have.

I'm not so sure. First time round , I'd have agreed with you all day long. But this time , and both a couple of years older ?

Kenny Miller's main asset was his pace and work rate , and though I've not seen much of him recently , I would expect that to have diminished at his age. Kris Boyd's asset was his natural goal scoring ability , which is evidently still there given his record at Killie last season.