Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Really wish people would stop slagging Daly off so much, he was our top scorer last season and a lot of the time he was played up front on his own as soon as that happened you had two defenders hanging round him all the time, and when the ball did come to him the midfield was never getting up fast enough to support him.

If I remember correctly when Boyd was playing up front all by himself we/he had the exact same problems as Daly has done this season. Also not helped that for some of the season Daly has been knackered and should have been rested.

On a side note though I hope that Daly isn't given a contract extension as I think physically he is finished as a player, I also hope we have more than one striker starting each game instead of whatever formation we were supposed to be playing.

2012-2014 Vancouver Whitecraps 43Apps = 13GOALS < Miller

2013-2014 Killie 43Apps = 25GOALS < Boyd

Ally yer as bright as a fucking blackout if this story is true.

Comparisons like that are a load or rubbish, last season that Miller was with us left during the January transfer window and still finished as our top scorer for the season.

As others have said there's no point getting your panties in a bunch about this and lashing out at McCoist. There's an endless list of possible reasons why he might be getting the snub that we don't know about. Or he might not even be getting snubbed and the rag is just talking shite! Could also be manoeuvring from agents/Rangers - someone driving a hard bargain.

For all we know Ally might have another target in mind. One of those free transfer wonderkids from Scandinavia type players everyone on here bangs on about.

I'll wait and see who lines up for pre-season.

a lot of the time he was played up front on his own as soon as that happened you had two defenders hanging round him all the time, and when the ball did come to him the midfield was never getting up fast enough to support him.

If I remember correctly when Boyd was playing up front all by himself we/he had the exact same problems as Daly has done this season.

We've isolated a lone striker and been knocking long balls up the park for years. We did it with Kenny Miller in Europe. We did it with Jelavic in the SPL who even said publicly that one of his best assets was his head and he needed service from the wings. We knocked long balls up to Diouf as Celtic park, to Lafferty at Tynecastle, Jig and Kyle in division 3, and now Daly.

If we're in Europe I can see the logic in defending to such an extend with long high balls up the park to a Miller who (to his credit) will chase lost causes all day long. What I don't understand is why we've stuck with this shit tactic in the lower divisions of Scottish football. If we're not going to play open attacking football now, we never will.

Slated in the 'signing Boyd' threads.

Slated in the 'not signing Boyd' threads.

Whether you like Ally or not, you've got to admit this whole thing has gotten silly.

I think most people have fond memories of Boyd (myself included) and how he performed mainly under Alex McLeish. If we were going to play an attacking 4-4-2 and make chances for him then I'm sure he'd do well but that'll never happen so why bother. In the right team Boyd would do well, but it's not our team.

Following on from the reports yesterday:

DONS boss Derek McInnes today confirmed he has held talks with Kris Boyd.

Scotland international Boyd is out of contract with Kilmarnock and is available on a Bosman.

McInnes has pitched a move to Aberdeen FC to the prolific striker and hopes he will choose to play for the Pittodrie club.

Dundee United and French side Nimes are also chasing him, after Rangers pulled out of the race.

Boyd is currently on holiday and is taking time to consider his options.

McInnes said: "I managed to meet and talk with Kris and also talked to his agent.

"We have had a discussion and said we would like to bring another forward into the club.

"We have made a pitch of what Aberdeen can be as a club for Kris.

“Kris has a few other options and wants some time to consider them.”

Source - http://www.eveningex...s-boyd-1.424875

Dons hold talks with Kris Boyd

By Sean Wallace, 16 Jun 2014 10.20am

Twitter

Email

• image.jpgTARGET: Kris Boyd.

DONS boss Derek McInnes today confirmed he has held talks with Kris Boyd.

Scotland international Boyd is out of contract with Kilmarnock and is available on a Bosman.

McInnes has pitched a move to Aberdeen FC to the prolific striker and hopes he will choose to play for the Pittodrie club.

Dundee United and French side Nimes are also chasing him, after Rangers pulled out of the race.

Boyd is currently on holiday and is taking time to consider his options.

McInnes said: "I managed to meet and talk with Kris and also talked to his agent.

"We have had a discussion and said we would like to bring another forward into the club.

"We have made a pitch of what Aberdeen can be as a club for Kris.

“Kris has a few other options and wants some time to consider them.”