Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Agree with what you are saying, if we are building for next season getting back into top division Boyd would be a good addition before he signs a 2-3 year deal with another club imo.

Boyd would still score goals if we get promoted immediately to the top division, even as a 32 year old (he will be 31 yr old this August) and I would have him leading the line before Daly,because pace wise and age wise there is not much between them, but there is really no chance of getting rid of Daly unless we pay out his contract, or he decides to retire post haste due to his dodgy knees.

As for the future, the likes of Daly and Boyd are not what is required, which opens up the theory that it's possible Ally wanted to sign Boyd but was vetoed by Graham Wallace on the say so of the board. (it's as good a theory as any) due to lack of any credible statements from either the agent of Kris Boyd or Rangers FC.

Maybe Daly will score 30 next season and we'll be glad we didn't sign Boyd. Daly may thrive more against better opposition; probably the whole team will change gears to suit the league. We might find we have the best team in the country!

He wasn't even top scorer in the league last season despite playing almost every game (perhaps every league game now that i think of it)

Daly will not score 30 goals next season or the season after because quite simply he isn't good enough.

Boyd would have been my preferred option ahead of Miller but i think he would flounder badly in a McCoist team with the route one tactics he employs. Hence why he has went for Miller who can run all day but not score very much.

Has anybody ever stopped to think of another reason Ally will not sign Boyd?

Answer: The board (Graham Wallace) will not sanction the deal because we would basically have Jon Daly getting big money for a season sitting on his arse doing fuck all except take up a space on the bench that should be taken by a youngster who has a future at Rangers long term.

For those who say we just get rid of Daly; the only way for that to happen would be if we paid him off in full for the term of his contract, so maybe these things influenced why Ally won't or can't sign Boyd.

Ally never had a problem with high earners sitting on the bench for the last couple of seasons. Boyd also should have been signed instead of Daly last season and signed before the likes of Miller and Mcgregor this season. Additionally Daly could be moved into a defensive role for this season (much like Jig did last season).

He wasn't even top scorer in the league last season despite playing almost every game (perhaps every league game now that i think of it)

Daly will not score 30 goals next season or the season after because quite simply he isn't good enough.

Boyd would have been my preferred option ahead of Miller but i think he would flounder badly in a McCoist team with the route one tactics he employs. Hence why he has went for Miller who can run all day but not score very much.

I wouldn't under estimate what Miller can contribute. Was excellent in his final few years with us, and performed well for Scotlanf recently.

My preference would be Boyd and Miller, but where does that leave Ally's most undroppable players Daly and Jig?

Actually I think Boyd is a far superior in the air than Daly and although Boyd might not be the best at holding the ball up, he is certainly better than Daly.

That Scotland game was well over a year ago was it not?

And his finals games with us even longer...players don't just magically stay at the same level...especially when they are in their mid 30's.

Yup, sure was.

They obviously decline, but at different rates. We aren't up against English Premiership stars, but poor to very poor Scottish teams.

That Scotland game was well over a year ago was it not?

And his finals games with us even longer...players don't just magically stay at the same level...especially when they are in their mid 30's.

Agreed

Not that I am totally against miller returning, he still do a half decent job for us, but not at the expense of signing Boyd.

Hope ally gets the finger out soon and talks to him

Ally never had a problem with high earners sitting on the bench for the last couple of seasons. Boyd also should have been signed instead of Daly last season and signed before the likes of Miller and Mcgregor this season. Additionally Daly could be moved into a defensive role for this season (much like Jig did last season).

Of course he didn't have a problem with it; mainly due to the fact it isn't him splashing out the cash on the wages. I've been involved in football coaching/managing since the early 1970's and I've never known a manager who lets facts or finance interfere with who he wants for his squad.

I always thought Boyd was lazy well before it's too hot to play football final

maybe it was hot but I don't think anyone else complained

It's easy to sit and slag someone when it's not you that's playing in that heat. The commentator said it's 37.5. FIFA are now introducing water breaks during this World Cup and were actually sued by the players federation due to the start times and the health concerns that may occur in these sort of temperatures. Yes, no one else complained but KB was right about this one.

Was just going to renew but know gonna wait and if doesn't sign Boyd that's it for me

are u serious.i think just a little bit of anger coming out of you there.you will be at ticket office before you know it.boyd would be a good addition to the team,but with him or without him, This season is gonna be good. Watp.

Because mccoist is a tit who couldn't manage a u10s side

He has opted for 35 year old Kenny miller

Can't wait til this clown is away

This has thrown it for me , was sure he would get Boyd back in but clearly he has no fuckin clue about football

Go now clown boy

:lol: Toys well and truly chucked out the pram.

This will one will really piss me off if we don't even try and sign Boyd.

He will score a shite load of goals next season where ever he goes

Typical mccoist useless bastard signing policy. Get a 35 year old Kenny miller back from Canada, but ignore 30 year old Boyd who is bang back in form

This could be the last straw ally, once our players start fannying about 3 months into the new season and you are too fuckin stupid to know how to motivate them and all the goals dry up. At least would have a half a chance with Boyd there

Hopefully he will be away in a few months time

The time for sentiment is long over

Please fuck off away from the club ally before you set us back even further with your pathetic signings and shite shite football

Motivation and Boyd don't go together and talking about goals how many was scored last season?