Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

So you know what Boyd wants and what I think? Your powers of telepathy are astounding!

Last time I checked players are free to sing for any club they wish, often taking the best financial package on offer. By your logic Rangers managers are to blame for every player we failed to sign.

People on here often rant about how our team is in it for the money and don't play for the shirt yet suddenly Boyd is in it for altruistic reasons? Really?

considering mccoist was directly responsible for boyd being removed, first time around, I'd be astounded if "he who knows best" would do anything to encourage boyd back

considering mccoist was directly responsible for boyd being removed, first time around, I'd be astounded if "he who knows best" would do anything to encourage boyd back

If Boyd signs will you start a topic stating that you were wrong and that Ally has put the Club before himself?

See if Boyd does return, would that make him a "Rangers man"?

I can't believe so many are desperate for the club to sign another 30+ year old striker when we have plenty of attackers including youngsters with potential when other areas if the team need more urgent attention....would I rather Boyd than daly? Of course but it doesn't work like that and we can't shift daly so why waste the little money we do have on a player we don't need?

So you know what Boyd wants and what I think? Your powers of telepathy are astounding!

Last time I checked players are free to sing for any club they wish, often taking the best financial package on offer. By your logic Rangers managers are to blame for every player we failed to sign.

People on here often rant about how our team is in it for the money and don't play for the shirt yet suddenly Boyd is in it for altruistic reasons? Really?

:lol:

Even though boyd has said he would sign on low wages aye.

Dry your fucking eyes Ally doesn't like him it's that simple.

I can't believe so many are desperate for the club to sign another 30+ year old striker when we have plenty of attackers including youngsters with potential when other areas if the team need more urgent attention....would I rather Boyd than daly? Of course but it doesn't work like that and we can't shift daly so why waste the little money we do have on a player we don't need?

Ally McCoist has wasted plenty of money on people we don't need. Why is he going to stop now?

Boyd is the only player that you can be confident about you know he will score at least 20 goals a season.

Will Daly or Miller do that? Kris boyd and nicky clark up front would be a good partnership.

:lol:

Even though boyd has said he would sign on low wages aye.

Dry your fucking eyes Ally doesn't like him it's that simple.

Was he quoted? Ally is quoted as saying he would have Boyd back.

This Ally doesn't like him crap is playground patter. If he holds the man in such contempt would he have been using our training facilities?

TBH I would like Boyd to sign but if he doesn't then it's not the end of the world. As others have said we have good strikers and I doubt we need Boyd to win the championship.

If I remember correctly Boyd had quite a bad attitude and maybe that's why McCoist didn't like him?

Ally McCoist has wasted plenty of money on people we don't need. Why is he going to stop now?

Boyd is the only player that you can be confident about you know he will score at least 20 goals a season.

Will Daly or Miller do that? Kris boyd and nicky clark up front would be a good partnership.

Messi and ronaldo would be a good partnership by that logic.....we have daly and we have miller (whether or not you think they are good we can't change that). On top if that we have Clark, sheils and then youngsters in Gallagher and hardie....do we honestly need another striker?

Messi and ronaldo would be a good partnership by that logic.....we have daly and we have miller (whether or not you think they are good we can't change that). On top if that we have Clark, sheils and then youngsters in Gallagher and hardie....do we honestly need another striker?

I'd rather have Boyd than Gallagher, Hardy or Clark any day. Proven goalscorer versus youngster who may or may not fulfill their potential.

One problem with your argument though is that Daly was our top scorer last season with 20 goals so you can't say he won't do so again, as for Miller I don't think he's just been brought in just to score goals he can pull defences one way or the other giving midfield players and Daly better opportunities to score goals.

I'd rather have Boyd than Gallagher, Hardy or Clark any day. Proven goalscorer versus youngster who may or may not fulfill their potential.

And attitudes like that illustrate why we are where we are! Also looking for the quick fix with no long term planning!

And attitudes like that illustrate why we are where we are! Also looking for the quick fix with no long term planning!

I'd love to think my attitude or what I think have any bearing on where the club is, but it doesn't. Boyd is a proven goalscorer who's got another couple of years left in him - Gallagher and Hardy are young kids whom I've seen play about 3 times between them.

I'd rather have one of the most in-form, deadliest strikers in Scottish football in the team than cling on to some vague notion of philosophies or long term planning, especially in an environment where long term planning is pretty futile.

I'd love to think my attitude or what I think have any bearing on where the club is, but it doesn't. Boyd is a proven goalscorer who's got another couple of years left in him - Gallagher and Hardy are young kids whom I've seen play about 3 times between them.

I'd rather have one of the most in-form, deadliest strikers in Scottish football in the team than cling on to some vague notion of philosophies or long term planning, especially in an environment where long term planning is pretty futile.

Got to admit I am pretty much in agreement here. I can see more of an arguement for having Boyd than Miller,however both works if Ally will do two up front.

The others can play in cup games as well or can be used as subs, so a bit of overkill but would rather we make sure we get into the top league first time of asking than not. Especially as it will make sure one of the Edinburgh clubs is staying down.

It's frightening !! Apparently we won't win the championship without Boyd!!

I personally wouldn't have signed either Boyd or Miller, but to sign one and not the other when they are both available on a "free" and both are not likely to be looking for a kings ransom in salaries is mental.

Imo they'd be the most dangerous strike force in Scotland by a country mile and no-one, even the mob, would want to play against them.

It's frightening !! Apparently we won't win the championship without Boys !!

Some underestimate the challenge in front of us. Huge Clubs have been relegated to the bottom teir and failed to win the required successive titles. And we need one more because of the Scottish set up.

It is a huge mountain to climb.

Some underestimate the challenge in front of us. Huge Clubs have been relegated to the bottom teir and failed to win the required successive titles. And we need one more because of the Scottish set up.

It is a huge mountain to climb.

With the squad we already have it should be a given. It's only going to be harder because of our manager

Teams should always look to improve. Boyd will almost certainly improve our team, I really can't fathom anyone thinking otherwise.

I haven't said as much twb but scarily for me I have been agreeing with much of what you say lately.