Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

About fucking time. He cost fuck all and only wages to pay.

Now to off load Daly?

Now these long contracts dished out become a problem.

How much will it cost to pay Daly off? How much has he had in wages since he arrived?

Add it all up for a 3rd tier of scottish football championship, and it is a bad deal for Rangers.

Boyd is a goal scorer. Miller is a goal scorer. Clark is a goal scorer. Daly is a goal scorer. Gallagher is emerging as a goal scorer. Stoney is an emerging goal scorer.

Winning promotion out of the Championship at first attempt was always going to be the most difficult of the lower leagues. More so now that Hibs and Hearts are in it. Experienced goal scorers with a track record of handling the pressure at Rangers was always likely to be on the buying agenda to add to the options that can be fielded when it is nil nil with 20 mins to go and a win is needed. A bench with strong credible striking options would - I think - be what any manager wants. So adding Boyd - if he signs - adds to the strking options. Yes Stoney is also an emerging goal scorer (and others in the youth squad too) but I guess that if the top priority by a very very large distance is to win promotion this coming season then the opportunity to add (if affordable) experience and track record of delivery would win out over passing over that opportunity.

We all want back into the top flight asap and back to the very top of it also asap. Striking the balance between relying on experience and introducing emerging top talent will not be an easy job to do. At the end of the day after each game I expect the point will be did we win and is it another 3 points in the bag. Playing better football than we've seen all to often and getting players to perform as individuals and as a team to the best of their talents on a consistent basis will doubtless be a key thing to achieve. But points will be more important and for points you need goal scorers.

this all day long (tu)

About fucking time. He cost fuck all and only wages to pay.

Now to off load Daly?

Now these long contracts dished out become a problem.

How much will it cost to pay Daly off? How much has he had in wages since he arrived?

Add it all up for a 3rd tier of scottish football championship, and it is a bad deal for Rangers.

A 2 year contract - you are right, absolutely scandalous

If this is true then how many people will apologise for the way they slated Ally off for not signing him?

A very good post by Reformation Bear and it is true I'm sure that the first thing Ally was told was that he's to get us back to the top flight ASAP which is what he is doing.

What also springs to my mind though with this possible signing and Miller I think Ally intends to be playing 2 up front this coming season.

Can't believe people use this to slag Ally off and talk about lack of vision, it's been clear to me over the last couple of seasons that Ally must have had instructions to get us to the top flight as quickly as possible, well like it or lump it that is what he is doing.

Yeah it would be brilliant if he could fill the team with emerging talent and take that risk but if they didn't deliver the goods the fanbase would be onto their back quicker than some of the typical posts on here.

As for Boyd signing, if this is true, then he would help that final promotion push and he would also help us hit the ground running in the top flight.

Can't believe people use this to slag Ally off and talk about lack of vision, it's been clear to me over the last couple of seasons that Ally must have had instructions to get us to the top flight as quickly as possible, well like it or lump it that is what he is doing.

Yeah it would be brilliant if he could fill the team with emerging talent and take that risk but if they didn't deliver the goods the fanbase would be onto their back quicker than some of the typical posts on here.

As for Boyd signing, if this is true, then he would help that final promotion push and he would also help us hit the ground running in the top flight.

This.

I find it amusing that over the past few days when people thought there was no chance of Boyd signing Ally was all the names under the sun. Now apparently there is a chance Boyd may sign Ally is still all the names under the sun :lol:

The guy can't win, no matter what he does it'll be wrong! God forbid though we used the younger players and didn't make it to the top flight next year! Sometimes we can't have our cake and eat it. Sometimes we have to do what's needed to get where we want.

Boyd is a goal scorer. Miller is a goal scorer. Clark is a goal scorer. Daly is a goal scorer. Gallagher is emerging as a goal scorer. Stoney is an emerging goal scorer.

Winning promotion out of the Championship at first attempt was always going to be the most difficult of the lower leagues. More so now that Hibs and Hearts are in it. Experienced goal scorers with a track record of handling the pressure at Rangers was always likely to be on the buying agenda to add to the options that can be fielded when it is nil nil with 20 mins to go and a win is needed. A bench with strong credible striking options would - I think - be what any manager wants. So adding Boyd - if he signs - adds to the strking options. Yes Stoney is also an emerging goal scorer (and others in the youth squad too) but I guess that if the top priority by a very very large distance is to win promotion this coming season then the opportunity to add (if affordable) experience and track record of delivery would win out over passing over that opportunity.

We all want back into the top flight asap and back to the very top of it also asap. Striking the balance between relying on experience and introducing emerging top talent will not be an easy job to do. At the end of the day after each game I expect the point will be did we win and is it another 3 points in the bag. Playing better football than we've seen all to often and getting players to perform as individuals and as a team to the best of their talents on a consistent basis will doubtless be a key thing to achieve. But points will be more important and for points you need goal scorers.

All these goal scorers are a great idea but Ally will need to ditch the 1 up front tactics

And if he plays only 1 up front against the Brechins of this world I can hardly see him changing it for Hibs & Hearts

If I was Stoney or Gallacher I would be offski

So why do we need him then? Will he hinder the progress of Clarke and Gallagher ? Yes or No

Probably.

Bit of a gamble , in what is going to be a tough league , to use both Clark and Gallagher whereas Boyd proved with Killie he still has that killer instinct. I'm not Ally's biggest fan , far from it , but I think he's got it right here. The consequences of not winning this league are just not worth contemplating . And if that means less game time for Gallagher , which it probably will , then it has to be , sad to say. Unfortunately it's a choice between the devil or the deep blue sea.