Sign in to follow this  
Sander2006

Official: Boyd signs one year deal

All these goal scorers are a great idea but Ally will need to ditch the 1 up front tactics

And if he plays only 1 up front against the Brechins of this world I can hardly see him changing it for Hibs & Hearts

If I was Stoney or Gallacher I would be offski

If i was Stoney or Gallacher I would stick around and learn a thing or two from Miller and Boyd(if he signs) cos they would learn a huge amount about playing football.

All these goal scorers are a great idea but Ally will need to ditch the 1 up front tactics

And if he plays only 1 up front against the Brechins of this world I can hardly see him

changing it for Hibs & Hearts

If I was Stoney or Gallacher I would be offski

Why is Stoney in this conversation...he hasn't exactly done much in the under 19's this year! This isn't the time to play our youngster to find out if there good enough....that time was 2 years ago and we didn't do it so people need to deal with that. Most players contract expire at the end of next season so the team this season will be a team to get us out of the championship. Getting up is all that matters this year, the majority of this team will not be with us in the premiership

People need to give up this whole Gallagher obsession. Yes he has promise and yes he deserves his chance, but absolutley NOT can we rely on youth in this particular season.

Wouldnt surprise me if he said he was happy to sign only to end up signing for the Sheep or Wank Utd...hes a cunt and a mercenary, hope he fails the medical!

The treatment on here of our ex players who pulled on our famous jersey is fuckin shocking and disrespectful at times. Opinions are fine but ffs remember who we are.

And keep seated when he bangs in three goals on the opening day of the season.

Jamie0202 and Sander2006 like this

If i was Stoney or Gallacher I would stick around and learn a thing or two from Miller and Boyd(if he signs) cos they would learn a huge amount about playing football.

Then 2 years later we will sign another couple if 30+ year olds on 2 year contracts and before they know it 4 years of their already short careers have been wasted

Nah - if I was them I would be offski to play somewhere every week and get in the shop window

OneDavidCooper likes this

Why the fuck are we siging back that Colin Stein, All he ever did was cost us money and the fucked off to England in search of a higher wage,and he is stopping young talented strikers from coming through from the reserves......... OOOOOPS sorry time warp..... back in the Tardis.... BUT and we ALL Ken (weel mibbees No the SoS and UoF) who scored the winner that ended the scums NIAR.

I fully expect him to sign in next week or two....

saying that, I expected Novo to sign last year, look what happend there....never be surprised by Ally.

I fully expect him to sign in next week or two....

saying that, I expected Novo to sign last year, look what happend there....never be surprised by Ally.

Didn't everyone and his dog think Novo was signing last year?

Although its an ideal short term signing if its on a lowish wage he will score plenty in the championship but i just can bring myself to be happy with resigning boyd.

The short-termism is infuriating despite where we are financially.

smartypants likes this

Proven goalscorer who will pretty much guarantee goals (or, at least, it will be as close to guaranteed as it is possible in football) versus young kid who may or may not fulfill his potential.

No contest.

Short term potential success spending significant wages with no residual value in a league we should comfortably win with current striking options (we will have a very well paid sub) vs long term planning with the potential to bring in significant residual value on low wages with the chance to improve year on year so the club are stronger financially and on the pitch as we progress.

No contest!

Learn what? How to rot on the bench? These young lads don't want to sit on the bench they want to play football. If they can't do that at Rangers they'll find a club who will.

Loyal-Bear likes this

Short term potential success spending significant wages with no residual value in a league we should comfortably win with current striking options (we will have a very well paid sub) vs long term planning with the potential to bring in significant residual value on low wages with the chance to improve year on year so the club are stronger financially and on the pitch as we progress.

No contest!

Short term we need to get back to to the highest position we can in order to get the benefit longer term, Boyd will strengthen our position towards achieving that.

The longer we act like a midtable club building for the long term the more likely we are to become a midtable club.

Short term we need to get back to to the highest position we can in order to get the benefit longer term, Boyd will strengthen our position towards achieving that.

The longer we act like a midtable club building for the long term the more likely we are to become a midtable club.

If we had the ability to sell or release daly then yes I would agree but we can't and therefore we will spend the next season spending 5/10k (depending who you listen to) on a sub.....I'm sorry but that's not good planning or business especially after the troubles we have had. Lots of big clubs supplement their first 11/18 with youngsters and is 100% the way ahead for us! Have we learnt nothing from the last few years?