Sign in to follow this  
Sander2006

Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Coming from someone who buys the sun?

Not that it's any concern of yours but i don't buy the Sun,nor do i buy the Sunday post but seems they are going with same story on Boyd,

Every player wants to play and not sit on the bench, they will learn by training with these guys everyday - understand the wee things that make you a good player - watching them from the bench must be a motivator - if they are interested in being a footballer in Scotland then there is no better a role model than Miller imo, and Boyd (if he signs) will teach them lessons on how to read a game to get on the end of one.

or OK - chase your money and football with winfuckall Utd and learn how to be mediocre.

These young lads want it too quick and that is ALWAYS their undoing. Some give up the fight too easily.

I think sitting on the bench would be demotivating for any young lad wanting to play football. Telfer demonstrated that our young players want to play first-team football, and if they can't get it at Ibrox, they'll get it somewhere else.

If signing Miller and Boyd means we'll see less of Nicky Clark next season then I'm not happy with that at all. Nicky Clark has all the makings of a good player and if he's allowed to develop could well be our main striker when we're back in the top-flight.

Carsons Dog likes this

Great news if we secure the services of Boyd. Some silly comments about existing contract lengths in this thread! Daly can play at CH and in a Forward position. I wouldn't be concerned too much if we couldn't move Daly on, we have him contracted for a year and he will challenge for both positions.

If true? This is a great bit of business. Now Goodwillie!

Sod Goodwillie, he has never proved anything since leaving DUTD. THAT is the whole reason we looked at Miller/Boyd. We need a mix of youth and experience but I dont think Goodwillie really ticks either of these boxes.

I think sitting on the bench would be demotivating for any young lad wanting to play football. Telfer demonstrated that our young players want to play first-team football, and if they can't get it at Ibrox, they'll get it somewhere else.

If signing Miller and Boyd means we'll see less of Nicky Clark next season then I'm not happy with that at all. Nicky Clark has all the makings of a good player and if he's allowed to develop could well be our main striker when we're back in the top-flight.

Every single player has been on the bench looking at what is going on on the park at some point in their career. Their chance comes when they become a better player than what they are watching.

I agree about Clark, but he will only develop if he can learn as a player. Watching, listening and learning from those more experienced around him. He has not had that influence imo this year, I am sure Miller will make Nicky Clark a better player, I have no doubts about that.

Not that it's any concern of yours but i don't buy the Sun,nor do i buy the Sunday post but seems they are going with same story on Boyd,

Oh right so you just google the sun? Is that cause you can't afford the paper?