Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Cam someone who thinks this is a backwards step, or the wrong move, please explain why.

Without using the buzzwords like lack of vision etc.

Fuck knows why anyone couldn't see signing Boyd as a positive.

Every single player has been on the bench looking at what is going on on the park at some point in their career. Their chance comes when they become a better player than what they are watching.

So you don't think young players can benefit from first-team football? Sorry but I don't agree with that at all.

When we're back in the top flight Kenny Miller will be about 37. It's guys like Nicky Clark we should be giving game time to this season (and in his proper position).

Cam someone who thinks this is a backwards step, or the wrong move, please explain why.

Without using the buzzwords like lack of vision etc.

If it was as simple as swapping daly for Boyd then yes all day long I would support it but it's not that simple. Daly and sheils are on big wages neither of whom would play regularly as miller and Boyd would more often than not play as a two. We aren't in a position to just sign players for the sake of it and we strongly need to start looking longer term otherwise we will be in the same mess as before.

We have two or three promising strikers who should be used to supplement our first team squad and 3 of Clark, daly and miller is more than enough at this level. We desperately lack pace in our team and we should be looking at other areas instead of overloading the squad with strikers.

I'd be happy with Boyd and either Miller or Clark up front next season,if we do manage to sign him the next targets should be a centre back and possibly another midfielder or 2 depending on the money situation. This world cup so far has been an absolute gem and I'm dreading the thought of seeing more 4-5-1 lump the ball up the park pish come the following season. Excited for it to start but again dreading the football that might be on show,the last 6 months of last season was total dire.

Providing we are not paying him too much, Boyd signing could be a positive in the short term. He is a proven goal scorer and his goals should ensure we win the league next year. However, we did that last year and a significant section of the support were not satisfied due to the quality of our play. IMO Boyd will do nothing to address that.

So you don't think young players can benefit from first-team football? Sorry but I don't agree with that at all.

When we're back in the top flight Kenny Miller will be about 37. It's guys like Nicky Clark we should be giving game time to this season (and in his proper position).

No he wont. Besides he only has a 1 year deal anyway.

Why the fuck are we siging back that Colin Stein, All he ever did was cost us money and the fucked off to England in search of a higher wage,and he is stopping young talented strikers from coming through from the reserves......... OOOOOPS sorry time warp..... back in the Tardis.... BUT and we ALL Ken (weel mibbees No the SoS and UoF) who scored the winner that ended the scums NIAR.

It was 1-1 that day :D

Great news if it's confirmed.

Miller and Boyd up front will be the best pairing in the country

They will have a field day in the Championship

We will also be more competitive in the cup competitions.

We will always be shite and play unattractive football under Ally, I cant wait until the day McCoist is gone. Brutal manager, fucking clueless tbh.

Boyd scored 6 goals against Hearts and that earned Killie 9 points against them last season if he even equals that at Rangers against arguably our closest challengers then the league will be wrapped up and we'll be back playing in the premier and in Europe soon.

Boyd scored 6 goals against Hearts and that earned Killie 9 points against them last season if he even equals that at Rangers against arguably our closest challengers then the league will be wrapped up and we'll be back playing in the premier and in Europe soon.

That's the thing, this time next year we could be looking forward to European preliminaries.

Ffs, thought he was signing when i read "Boyd in talks with Rangers" only to find hes not. Why the misleading title?

where did you see that he isnt signing?

AFAIK the only thing we k ow is he may ir may not be in talks, he has not signed or refused yet.

guessing we will hear something this week.