Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

If it's a 2 year deal on 5k a season, he might prefer a 1 year deal on the same and then see if he can get a more the season after, not like the he has any real sell on value so it should work for both parties.

We do have financial problems mate but I'm sure we can offer more than 5k a season. :P

Every single player has been on the bench looking at what is going on on the park at some point in their career. Their chance comes when they become a better player than what they are watching.

I agree about Clark, but he will only develop if he can learn as a player. Watching, listening and learning from those more experienced around him. He has not had that influence imo this year, I am sure Miller will make Nicky Clark a better player, I have no doubts about that.

Isn't Clarke 24 FFS?

Only at Rangers do we still talk about developing 24 year olds such is the inheritant fear we have of playing youngsters.

In a World Cup blessed with teams playing young guys under the age of 22 we are all getting a hard on for a 30 + striker (who left us for money and proved how shite he was outside Scotland) who will 'bang them in' alongside his 35 year old partner in the mighty Scottish championship.

When we are back in the premier league and the whole team needs replaced as we flounder about mid table getting horsed by the scum, sheep and scumdee take a moment to read over some of the threads were posters predicted it all.

We have learned nothing.

Isn't Clarke 24 FFS?

Only at Rangers do we still talk about developing 24 year olds such is the inheritant fear we have of playing youngsters.

In a World Cup blessed with teams playing young guys under the age of 22 we are all getting a hard on for a 30 + striker (who left us for money and proved how shite he was outside Scotland) who will 'bang them in' alongside his 35 year old partner in the mighty Scottish championship.

When we are back in the premier league and the whole team needs replaced as we flounder about mid table getting horsed by the scum, sheep and scumdee take a moment to read over some of the threads were posters predicted it all.

We have learned nothing.

Appears to be the case I'm afraid. Boyd and Miller --- sorry but McCoist needs to go before he drags us down any further.

Isn't Clarke 24 FFS?

We have learned nothing.

Development of Clark isn't about his age it's about how limited he currently is as a footballer.

Isn't Clarke 24 FFS?

No. He just turned 23 two weeks ago.

Boyd is 30yo. Miller is 34yo. Why do people have to over-exaggerate?

Which would make Boyd 30 + and miller 35 when we are back in the prem. I'm not talking about next season. I know they will score for fun in the championship but will need replaced sooner rather than later along with an awful lot of our squad.

fuck knows mate, fact is they will (if the deal goes ahead) fire us to the main league, which at this point in time is all that fuckin matters. What if boyd (and miller for what it matters) went to hearts or hibs and started to bang them in and fucked us up, would the same complainers be saying, ach well shit happens. No they'd be up in fuckin arms saying we should have signed them bla bla bla

Do you feel Gallagher is limited as well in his ability ?

You obviously don't rate Clarke but he can obviously score but suffered as we persisted with route 1 launches to Daly

I've only seen Gallagher play about 3 times. Clark works hard but, lets face it, he would be nowhere near a Rangers team in normal circumstances - I'd rather have Boyd any day.

What about Gallagher?

I can also predict that at 32/33 Boyd will be limited with zero sell on value at all

Not all players are bought for sell on value its what they can do for the club during their contract which in Boyds case speaks for itself.

Development of Clark isn't about his age it's about how limited he currently is as a footballer.

Ally will always play Daly and Miller over youth players when available. But Daly and Miller wont cut for us back in the top-flight. I think Miller will be about 37 by that point and Daly's knees are already fucked.

If we show faith in Clark now and give him game time he could easily be our best striker (from the current bunch) once we return to the top tier of scottish football. Some think Clark should be happy to just sit on the bench watching Daly, Miller, and maybe even Boyd play week in and out for the next year. These young guys don't want to sit on the bench, they want to play football. Any young player who is happy to sit on the bench for a year has something wrong with them.

You say clark is limited as a footballer but he scored 40+ goals for Queen of the South in the 2nd division before moving to us. He even scored a goal at Ibrox that helped knock us out of a Cup (not that Ally does cup competitions). He didn't seem very limited then. How can Clark continue to develop as a player without first-team football? The lad needs game time and the more bodies that are brought in the less likely that is to happen.

The people we're bringing in are short-term options. We should be building our team around young guys like McLeod not sticking them out on the left to accomodate Ian Black. Are we just going to buy a whole new team when we get to the top division or throw our young players who have spent the last few years sitting on the bench straight in at the deep end? What is the long-term thinking here?

Ally will always play Daly and Miller over youth players when available. But Daly and Miller wont cut for us back in the top-flight. I think Miller will be about 37 by that point and Daly's knees are already fucked.

If we show faith in Clark now and give him game time he could easily be our best striker (from the current bunch) once we return to the top tier of scottish football. Some think Clark should be happy to just sit on the bench watching Daly, Miller, and maybe even Boyd play week in and out for the next year. These young guys don't want to sit on the bench, they want to play football. Any young player who is happy to sit on the bench for a year has something wrong with them.

you say clark is limited as a footballer but he scored 40+ goals for Queen of the South in the 2nd division before moving to us. He even scored a goal at ibrox that helped knock us out of a Cup (not that Ally does cup competitions). How can Clark develop as a player without first-team football? tHe guy needs game time and the more bodies that are brought in the less likely that is to happen.

Miller is 34 and he only has a one year deal. That's twice you've came out with that nonsense.

Where am I arguing against Clark getting game time?

Isn't Clarke 24 FFS?

We have learned nothing.

Is the world cup not also blessed with older players still doing great jobs, Pirlo, Klose etc.