Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

So where does this leave Gallagher and Clark then if we now have Miller, Boyd and Daly terrorising defences next season?

Hope to fuck at the very least Jig and Daly are leaving, it's just an unnecessary cost.

My thinking exactly.

How much money are we throwing at this btw?

Miller, Boyd, Daly, Jig for championship level and not beyond really.

I hope to fuck someones done the sums

Meh.

Really don't think we needed both Boyd and Miller. Also, he's still a cunt for the manner in which he left the club.

Hopefully the manner in which he resigns (if he does) will cancel that out, no?

He easily could have stayed in the top league - and had European football with the sheep -but instead it appears he's dropping down to the Championship.

My thinking exactly.

How much money are we throwing at this btw?

Miller, Boyd, Daly, Jig for championship level and not beyond really.

I hope to fuck someones done the sums

The Premiership these 4 would would hold their own as Boyd showed last season and Daly the season before. If they are good enough and help us win the league then phase 3 complete. As lets build for the future has gone when we left Ally in charge, so no point dwelling on what could have been we certainly missed the boat now.

Will definitely score goals, and is an improvement on what we have.

Where does this leave Daly? At CB or highly paid substitute? And then what for Jig or Moshni?

Think now we really need a proper CB and not a 'do a job' player. A winger would also be a welcome addition.

He easily could have stayed in the top league - and had European football with the sheep -but instead it appears he's dropping down to the Championship.

Goes on a bit of a goal scoring streak and ill see how I feel :pipe:

The Premiership these 4 would would hold their own as Boyd showed last season and Daly the season before. If they are good enough and help us win the league then phase 3 complete. As lets build for the future has gone when we left Ally in charge, so no point dwelling on what could have been we certainly missed the boat now.

Miller will be what 35/36 next season, Daly doesn't even look good in the lower leagues so why will this magically change in the Premiership?

Boyd will be the only one who will still have what it takes.

Was reading over threads from when Boyd left us and its interesting to see the change of opinion on him from some posters in here.

He's joining for the exact same reason he left....more money

fuck all to do with loyality or anything else.

Aye because Aberdeen are really going to be having a long run in Europe

Given that McInnes is a lot of people's choice to replace Ally

and given that McInnes has tried very hard to sign Boyd

and given that lots of posters have expressed reservations about us signing Boyd

Does that mean that McInnes is no longer a candidate to replace McCoist?

How much money did Ally have to waste to persuade him to give up European football? How will Boyd even fit into Ally's hoof the ball to the lone striker tactics as whenever we used Boyd as a lone striker it never worked as he was to immobile (lazy) to do the running a lone striker needs to do.

Given that McInnes is a lot of people's choice to replace Ally

and given that McInnes has tried very hard to sign Boyd

and given that lots of posters have expressed reservations about us signing Boyd

Does that mean that McInnes is no longer a candidate to replace McCoist?

I would take Dick Campbell over Ally and I'm not joking.

MacInnes has a decent forward line of youngerish players. The boy who knocked the scum out the SC for a start. He also has a style of play that doesnt revolve around route 1 (from what I have seen which isnt a lot tbf).

I think people are desperate for anyone other than Ally and any young manager getting results will attract interest from the disgruntled.

Personally i would rather tap into the European market. PLG would have been amazing for us right now. BF may be right in that his heart wasn't in it, however the style of play and system he had us playing was great at times, especially in Europe. Without the pressure of the mhanks breathing down our necks I think he would have improved and got so much more from what we have at MP already.

Footballers are perfectly entitled to earn as much money as they possibly can during their career. Pretty poor to hold that against one and not another.

Picking money over a club I have no problem with, but indicating he would sign a new deal before walking out on us makes him no better than the likes of Naismith Whittaker et al...however if he has signed and does well fair dos but I wont be celebrating any of his goals!