Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Simply put it means he has no faith in Nicky Clark or Calum Gallagher. If he did he wouldn't have bought Miller or Boyd.

And i don't see Lewis McLeod getting a central midfield role either.

Depressing but utterly predictable with Mr I'll do what's best for me McCoist.

He didnt buy Miller or Boyd, they were freebys, however some people like to put their own spin on things to justify their whinging.

Boyd has improved as a player since he left us. Scored for fun in a shite team and had a good few teams chasing his signature.

We should consider ourselves lucky if we manage to sign him. Bosmans with his scoring record are very hard to come by.

The sheep will be raging if they don't get him. Their chances of coming second to the taigs will be shattered.

He didnt buy Miller or Boyd, they were freebys, however some people like to put their own spin on things to justify their whinging.

Meaning what...and whinging because he has brought back two 30 year plus players on big wages at the expense of promising youth.

I'll keep "whinging" thanks because it was this short sighted boom and bust mentality that ruined our club.

Meaning what...and whinging because he has brought back two 30 year plus players on big wages at the expense of promising youth.

I'll keep "whinging" thanks because it was this short sighted boom and bust mentality that ruined our club.

Yes promising youth but not proven, thats the reason for signing proven players. If we relied on youth this season do you think we could win the league, we struggled in games last season where youth would not have pulled us through some of the games.

From the Coventry Telegraph 1 hr ago,

Coventry City have missed out on Scotland international striker Kris Boyd who has agreed to drop down a division to join Rangers.

The 30-year-old out-of-contract Kilmarnock star, who scored more than 100 goals in his first spell with the Light Blues, will team up again with Kenny Miller, who has returned for his third spell at Ibrox.

Championship Rangers beat off competition from Scottish Premiership outfits Aberdeen, Dundee United and Kilmarnock to land Boyd who had been on Steven Pressley’s radar.

The Sky Blues boss monitored Boyd’s progress at Killy last season where he enjoyed a resurgence of form, netting 22 top flight goals and appeared to be an ideal link player for Callum Wilson.

He is the highest scorer in Scottish Premier League history with a record 167 goals to his name with 127 of those coming from his 143 games for Rangers.

The Telegraph understands that Boyd was one of half a dozen long-term targets Pressley had identified to strengthen his squad this summer.

The City boss, who is looking to recruit two new strikers, has already made a number of offers to players although it’s unknown whether he had spoken to Boyd about a possible move to England.

But what is clear is that Coventry would have had a tough task in tempting the centre-forward who has been offered a two-year deal by manager Ally McCoist, after saying he was prepared to settle for a 12-month contract with his boyhood heroes.

AFAIK he's on a two year deal, so not as if he's going to cost a fortune, seemingly he was prepared to take a 1 year deal, but Ally's a nice guy and gave him two.

Wether it's a good deal or not I've no idea but we must get back into the premier league next season and we need goal scorers, the young boys time will come

AFAIK he's on a two year deal, so not as if he's going to cost a fortune, seemingly he was prepared to take a 1 year deal, but Ally's a nice guy and gave him two.

Wether it's a good deal or not I've no idea but we must get back into the premier league next season and we need goal scorers, the young boys time will come

I am not against the signing of Boyd totally as i would prefer him over Daly and Miller every day of the week. It's the fact we have all 3 who will still be taking the best part of around £20k a week out the club between them. And i'm sorry but the kids time will not come because if we get promoted the clamour will increase for us to buy in more ready made replacements. It's short termism bringing in these players with absolutely no resale value.

I am not against the signing of Boyd totally as i would prefer him over Daly and Miller every day of the week. It's the fact we have all 3 who will still be taking the best part of around £20k a week out the club between them. And i'm sorry but the kids time will not come because if we get promoted the clamour will increase for us to buy in more ready made replacements. It's short termism bringing in these players with absolutely no resale value.

Im near 100% that they are all on £5k / week.

Three very good strikers on their day that can be rotated and will bring that air of professionalism to the dressing room for less than the £16k a week our old pal Kyle Lafferty was on.

Depending on how you look at the situation there can be sense made out of it.

Pushing for the Cups is a must and we now have the strength and experience to see us through what could be 3 cups and a league title.

Compare that to last year when little / clark was injured and we ONLY had Daly and I'm pleased.

Daly will get rested a lot and I do feel that Clark will get a lot more game time this season.

Galacher does not DESERVE a untouchable place in the team but he does DESERVE a chance.

I think we have the possibility of 53 games next season so I can see more of the youth being played when there is a guaranteed scoring, fully fit "veteran" up beside them and if we progress in the cups then it will be well worth buying more fire power.

I agree m8 , two dead uns as far as resale, but I'm more concerned with us gaining promotion, if Miller and Boyd can help achieve that then so be it.

Heard this view regarding the contract, also heard that Boyd decided on a 1 year contract then wait and see if we get promoted and when we do he wanted to negotiate a better contract for being in the top flight. Obviously pure paper talk as I don't feel any contract negotiation should be public knowledge.

Heard this view regarding the contract, also heard that Boyd decided on a 1 year contract then wait and see if we get promoted and when we do he wanted to negotiate a better contract for being in the top flight. Obviously pure paper talk as I don't feel any contract negotiation should be public knowledge.

Aye that could make sense, however the Express is reporting it like this...."Boyd had been offered a 2 year deal but told McCoist he was even prepared to take a year to return to his boyhood heroes"

It says he's agreed to sign and Ally has left Wallace to sort out the financial side of things, maybe that's why it not a 100% done deal.

almost everyone is saying he's signed for us....except rangers!

why do we always find out things about our club from other sources first?

I reckon it's so we don't get caught out and left looking like pricks as a fair few clubs have over the years. We only announce when we have the signature and usually the pose with the top at Ibrox.

I still know tims who can be instantly silenced about any signing just by mentioning their most famous announcement. :lol:

I reckon it's so we don't get caught out and left looking like pricks as a fair few clubs have over the years. We only announce when we have the signature and usually the pose with the top at Ibrox.

I still know tims who can be instantly silenced about any signing just by mentioning their most famous announcement. :lol:

fair enough but my point was that the club always seems to be last to announce anything to do with it. why can't they do the deal/photoshoots privately and announce it themselves first.

oh well. just hurry up an announce it rangers!

Yes promising youth but not proven, thats the reason for signing proven players. If we relied on youth this season do you think we could win the league, we struggled in games last season where youth would not have pulled us through some of the games.

so when you we allow the youth to prove themselves good enough for us, if they are good enough

do we wait until we are in the premiership and up against full time teams and a tarrier team hell bent on putting us to the sword, or do we use two seasons in the arse end of scottish football where the leagues were won before a ball was kicked

we signed miller, mcgregor, and looking like boyd, what happens if after this season all 3 dont want to stay at the club and we are in the summer of the next year, preparing for the premiership, with no money and 3 players who played the whole of a season now fucking off

when we spent all that money in division 3, a lot of the ally brigade told us it was to build a team that were settled in for the premiership return

well that went tits up, as our whole back 4 is different, our strikers are different and our midfield will likely be different by the time we are back in the top league