Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Thread headline - Ally thinking of signing Boyd - thread full of Ffs Ally - over the hill - big wage etc. - Ally oot!

Thread headline - Alky not signing Boyd - thread full of FFS Ally - best player ever - score fur fun! Ally oot!

RM at times!!!! :lol:

I don't understand the logic in some of you.....you complain that youngsters aren't given a chance (rightly), you complain about not wasting money on high earning players with no residual value (rightly), you complain about the lack of mobility and pace we have in forward areas (rightly) yet you still want us to sign Boyd?

Don't get me wrong if we could shift daly then yip all day Boyd over daly but we can't and we do not need 5/6 strikers .

Why such excitement over speculation aimed at selling papers?

We all have an opinion on players but my biggest concern is McCoist signs players without a clear football style or philosophy. He signs players without a clear idea of where they are going to play and he picks players out of position every game.

To win games you need to score goals and Boyd does that more than any other player in Scottish football. However he is one player out of eleven and the team needs to be set up to provide him with chances and maximise his potential. I haven't seen anything to suggest McCoist is able to do this.

Sign miller and snub Boyd. Mccoist is fucking hopeless he really fuckin is

Walk away before the damage gets any worse

As much as I'd love to see mccoist walk away.....Miller is a better player than Boyd. FACT.....also miller (although not the right type age wise) offers us an option we don't presently have.

So the papers are reporting the truth again? The quote in the article was “I don’t know if there is any interest from Rangers in signing Boydy or whether he wants to go back. But the supporters would love to see them link up again.”

As much as I'd love to see mccoist walk away.....Miller is a better player than Boyd. FACT.....also miller (although not the right type age wise) offers us an option we don't presently have.

You could say also say that statistically (which are FACTS) that Boyd is a far better striker than Miller. Although to be fair both players have their strengths and also weaknesses. You could also say that Boyd offers us options which we don't currently have (an out and out goal scorer).

The people that are furious when Ally signs older players, no sell on value, not looking to the future, only looks at ex players etc are some of the same posters who are now furious that he might not want to sign Boyd. If we do sign him they'll be furious because of all the things already mentioned as well as his extra wage.

I've said before Boyd would have been my number 1 target but it's no great deal if we don't sign him.

I think it could be a big deal especially if he signs for United, the sheep or even Hearts.

Where on earth are there quotes saying that Boyd has been offered, where on earth are the quotes from Boyd saying he would join us again, where on earth are the quotes from anyone that he has been snubbed by the club.

“I don’t know if there is any interest from Rangers in signing Boydy or whether he wants to go back. But the supporters would love to see them link up again."

Don't you think this one piece that is an actual quote totally contradicts the whole fucking story?

Potentially yes and I do hope the story is bullshit. But as I have said prior if Ally was going to sign Boyd I would have though he would have done it by now (although I do think someone else said that Ally might be holding of until Boydie had an op on his ankle).

love all the people claiming because its in the papers then it must be bullshit

the papers told us for 2 years that ally wanted to sign miller but we couldnt for one reason or another, now anyone wanna take a guess what happened the minute miller wanted to come home :lol:

even a broken clock is right twice a day.