Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

The club or Boyd are taking the cunt with this. IF the club has offered him a deal and he ain't got back to use before now then move on. Same goes for if negotiations are still on going pull the plug boyd isn't worth the trouble

He's still under contract with Killie, relax bud- I think it'll be Monday earliest before its official if its going to happen at all.

He's still under contract with Killie, relax bud- I think it'll be Monday earliest before its official if its going to happen at all.

Does anyone know the date when his contract expired\ or is due to expire with killie?

I know everyone on here wants him re-signed cos he guarantees goals but the way he left and the fact hes been relatively shite everywhere else hes been makes me hope he doesnt sign

Plus hes a money grabbing cnut who left cos he thought he would do better but hasnt, alot on this forum were of the same opinion at the time but seems they had a change of mind. Wouldnt surprise me if the likes of Shitaker and Paysmith were to sign people would be jumping for joy on here...

an arsehole and a cunt, you need to have a word with yourself.

I wasn't happy with the way Boyd left either nor did I particularly rate him when he was here but in the context of where we are he would be an excellent signing, should it happen.

Sometimes you've got to put the club before personal feelings.

with the amount of goals boyd scored,and you didnt rate him. Lol

AllyDawson72,

"Exactly!!

Why?? Because we will have Boyd back.

Look Miller alongside any of them would be more than comfortable in this league. Maybe Gallagher wont be the player I think he could be. Maybe Clarke won't be the player I think he is (at least 20 goals a season). However even if they don't hit the heights we have more than enough with Miller back.

In defense of Clarke he worked well with Big Daly at the start of the season and got injured. People forget how brutal and predictable the football got under Ally.

I would argue that even Boyd would struggle to score playing the way we played for most of last season. It was fucking horrendous and folk have short memories if they think Boyd can unlock tight defenses or even hold a ball up.

We are making school boy errors here that were predicted 2 years ago.

To think that we cant win this league without Boyd and with a squad assembled at a cost of at least 50 times of our nearest challengers is utterly depressing. No wonder we are in the mess we are in."

Bullshit. We win the leagues and they don't.

I read, you didnt particularly rate him.but he would be an excellent signing for the club.how did you come to that conclusion.

When he left we were competing in the Champions League and vying with Celtic for titles and cups every season. Now we're in the Championship with Alloa and Dumbarton.

When he left we were competing in the Champions League and vying with Celtic for titles and cups every season. Now we're in the Championship with Alloa and Dumbarton.

you could also put in the championship with clubs like hearts and hivs.boyd played a massive part when we were challenging septic for cups and titles.

I know everyone on here wants him re-signed cos he guarantees goals but the way he left and the fact hes been relatively shite everywhere else hes been makes me hope he doesnt sign

Plus hes a money grabbing cnut who left cos he thought he would do better but hasnt, alot on this forum were of the same opinion at the time but seems they had a change of mind. Wouldnt surprise me if the likes of Shitaker and Paysmith were to sign people would be jumping for joy on here...

Let's not forget here Rangers spent the entire 2008 January transfer window trying to punt Boyd to any team who would pony up for him. If he was all about money he could have left then and made just as much.

I suspect the reason he left was to try and prove himself at a better level while making a bit of money as well.

Never worked out for him but coming back to Rangers now is good for both parties.

Let's not forget here Rangers spent the entire 2008 January transfer window trying to punt Boyd to any team who would pony up for him. If he was all about money he could have left then and made just as much.

I suspect the reason he left was to try and prove himself at a better level while making a bit of money as well.

Never worked out for him but coming back to Rangers now is good for both parties.

It's only good for Rangers in the short term (tu)

He'll improve us and give us 20 odd goals a season, so I can't really complain if we do sign him. He'll be scoring goals for another two seasons I reckon, which will be a good boost to our title winning chances, no questions asked. This signing completely nails the coffin shut to Gallagher and probably Clark too. If Gallagher plays more than one game up front this season I'd be amazed, he's young, not as good as Boyd, won't score as many goals as Boyd, and wouldn't improve our team in the short term more than Boyd, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't go with a front two or three with miller, Clark and Gallagher. Next year or the year after, after two seasons learning from a great Pro like miller, our front two would be in much better shape than it is now, even with Boyd, I'm certain of it.

Not that it matters - most of my thoughts and opinions differ greatly to our managers.

Kris Boyd is set to join up in the next 48 hours following a medical.

The 30-year-old has turned down offers from Dundee United, Killie, Aberdeen and Coventry to sign up for a second spell at Ibrox. But chief executive Graham Wallace has been dragging his heels over Rangers’ bid for Don Cowie.

The Cardiff City and Scotland midfielder is high on McCoist’s wanted list. But, even though the boss has spoken to the 31-year-old, Wallace has still not tabled an offer.

As it stands, he is likely to move to English Championship rivals Blackburn, although he also has an offer of a two-year contract with the Bluebirds to consider.