Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

boyd - 30, 31 in spl

miller - 34, 35 in spl

McGregor - 28, 29 in spl

Cowie - 31, 32 in spl

Bouzid - 30, 31 in spl

Did Ally and Wallace not say that we need signings to take us into the spl and challenge? Surely the names we have been linked with, and signed will not provide rangers with any long term options? What's the point if we have to go out and completely re-shape the team all over again next season?

The scouting at our club is deplorable

boyd - 30, 31 in spl

miller - 34, 35 in spl

McGregor - 28, 29 in spl

Cowie - 31, 32 in spl

Bouzid - 30, 31 in spl

Did Ally and Wallace not say that we need signings to take us into the spl and challenge? Surely the names we have been linked with, and signed will not provide rangers with any long term options? What's the point if we have to go out and completely re-shape the team all over again next season?

This is the biggest point I have been banging on about but what gets criminally overlooked by so many on here.

When a team is in transition its usually time to swap titles in Scotland and that's even with a budget.

We wont/don't have a pot to piss in yet some are still clamoring to make the exact same mistakes over and over again. I don't care how negative I am right now but it worries me just how much we will have to change when we are back. The whole spine of the team will need replaced it's so appallingly short sighted.

I've said it before on here and I stand by it..we are sleepwalking back to the way we were in the 80's under Grieg. Ally has already made his case for the defense saying getting in the top 6 is acceptable for our first few seasons back. His signing policy is only reinforcing this. He is so far out his depth it's frightening and he isn't fucking Mr Rangers. The club is and always will be bigger than one man! I have never seen a manager have so much influence as he does, it's not healthy, not by a long shot.

At the end of the day Boyd moved for more money. He also stated that he was moving to a 'bigger club'!! Yes he will score goals but he comes with a lot of baggage and will spit the dummy when he is inevitably dropped for being nothing more than a traffic cone against better opposition.

Ironically enough I can't wait for this season..but my gripes not with this season..it's for what happens when we are back.

This is the biggest point I have been banging on about but what gets criminally overlooked by so many on here.

When a team is in transition its usually time to swap titles in Scotland and that's even with a budget.

We wont/don't have a pot to piss in yet some are still clamoring to make the exact same mistakes over and over again. I don't care how negative I am right now but it worries me just how much we will have to change when we are back. The whole spine of the team will need replaced it's so appallingly short sighted.

I've said it before on here and I stand by it..we are sleepwalking back to the way we were in the 80's under Grieg. Ally has already made his case for the defense saying getting in the top 6 is acceptable for our first few seasons back. His signing policy is only reinforcing this. He is so far out his depth it's frightening and he isn't fucking Mr Rangers. The club is and always will be bigger than one man! I have never seen a manager have so much influence as he does, it's not healthy, not by a long shot.

At the end of the day Boyd moved for more money. He also stated that he was moving to a 'bigger club'!! Yes he will score goals but he comes with a lot of baggage and will spit the dummy when he is inevitably dropped for being nothing more than a traffic cone against better opposition.

Ironically enough I can't wait for this season..but my gripes not with this season..it's for what happens when we are back.

Fuck me you are full of joy cheered me up no end. doh

I feel the exact same way mate.

Good post (tu)

boyd - 30, 31 in spl

miller - 34, 35 in spl

McGregor - 28, 29 in spl

Cowie - 31, 32 in spl

Bouzid - 30, 31 in spl

Miller is the only one of those players that is unlikely to see three or four years in the SPL. In modern football your early thirties are often your best years.

Also, how many young players are there that are good enough to play for Rangers, are avaliable on the same budget, and are willing to sign?

Miller is the only one of those players that is unlikely to see three or four years in the SPL. In modern football your early thirties are often your best years.

Also, how many young players are there that are good enough to play for Rangers, are avaliable on the same budget, and are willing to sign?

Miller only has a one year deal anyway. Cowie and Bouzid aren't likely to sign for us and Boyd hasn't yet.

I take his point about McGregor though. 29 in the SPL? That's pure ancient.

Miller only has a one year deal anyway. Cowie and Bouzid aren't likely to sign for us and Boyd hasn't yet.

I take his point about McGregor though. 29 in the SPL? That's pure ancient.

I've been fighting this battle for years.

Furious when we signed 28 year old Gazza.

Ripped up my season book when we signed 30 year old Ronald DeBoer.

Couldn't stand that waste of a wage 37 year old Davie Weir.

My issue with the players we are touted as linked with is that it's not long term but we need both at the moment. We need a youth policy and money poured in to Auchenhowie to change the development as we are not getting decent returns. We also need to be winning the league and Hearts are looking to be strong contenders for next season so we need experience to take them on.

Problem is we dont have the money to do both so its one or the other at the moment and the money men will always pick our rise back to the bigger money games ahead of development.

If we sign boyd et al and we fail to win the league next season there will be hell to pay for the board and management

boyd - 30, 31 in spl

miller - 34, 35 in spl

McGregor - 28, 29 in spl

Cowie - 31, 32 in spl

Bouzid - 30, 31 in spl

Bouzid is 31 next month, so he'd be 32 in the Premiership.

I think enough fans know that Kenny Miller at 35 isn't planning for the future but listen guys he's better than what we have and he's a good McCoist signing.

I'd rather have a Kenny Milller than a Jon Daly, Kevin Kyle or Fran Sandaza!!

Me personally I'd be going out spending some money getting in boys like Stevie May at 21!

But we just can't do it. We have no money!

boyd - 30, 31 in spl

miller - 34, 35 in spl

McGregor - 28, 29 in spl

Cowie - 31, 32 in spl

Bouzid - 30, 31 in spl

(tu)

Ally has ever only been a short term guy since we got demoted.

There has been hee haw effort to build a squad for the future in mind when we are back to the Premiership.

We will find out the hard way though when the dud gets us hammered against the better teams.

You almost have to laugh....just to fight off the tears.

Ally is doing what he can with limited transfer budget(could be £0), signing players to do the job for this season. I don't know why everyone's complaining about signing experienced heads over youth. Look at Dundee, they got promoted last season with Gavin Rae, Craig Beattie and Christian Nade. Surely we can get promoted with our current squad. Ally promoted to PR/board member next season, new established manager appointed.

Neither too much sun or too many beers. It's my honest opinion that he has done the best he could have amongst all the upheaval, uncertainty and garbage that has gone on. I don't think he is the best Rangers manager ever and don't see him as a long term manager but for honest endeavor and effort over the last few years I will always respect him.

Neither too much sun or too many beers. It's my honest opinion that he has done the best he could have amongst all the upheaval, uncertainty and garbage that has gone on. I don't think he is the best Rangers manager ever and don't see him as a long term manager but for honest endeavor and effort over the last few years I will always respect him.

if i stayed in australia,i would probably say the same thing,but when your rushing home from work changed then quickly out again

to watch your beloved gers on a freezing night at station park forfar,only for the full backs to pump one high ball after another upfield

you start to think,does this manager have a clue? :anguish:

I think that Ally is doing the best that he can.We have to get back into the top league as priority one and in order to do that we need to sign players such as Miller and hopefully Boyd to do so at the first time of asking and possibly be paying a bit too much out in wages etc but the aim of returning to the top justifies the cost at this time.There is just not enough money available to do everything at the same time, but feel we should have addressed scouting and youth development 2 years ago and got things started, as other teams have shown that good money can be generated for a club in onward transfer fees of players identified and signed up for relatively small sums or developed in house. Rangers have done really well to keep moving forward, given the obstacles and barriers they have faced and continue to do on a daily basis. I have nothing but respect for what Ally McCoist has achieved and honestly feel that we will look back in 10 years time and realise that he was the right man, a RANGERS man, who gave 100% for our club when it was needed.

I don't buy that pish anymore.

I personally feel as if he has insulted the intelligence of the fans on more than one occasion.

He has played CEO's like a fiddle and will walk away with arguably more money than Charles Green or anyone else...!!

Yes he stood by us but he also made sure he was paid and very, very handsomely as well.

Of course the man bleeds blue and as a player is a legend. But he has is happy to line his own pockets as well as his mates exploiting the chaos going on at our club.

Ally is not a martyr here..people need to get a reality check and realise he didnt work for nothing and has made a fortune from our plight.