Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Although most of Mccoist signings I've questioned so far this summer, this is one I've wanted.

He's improved over the last year off the ball and is as deadly as ever, will do serious damage in the Championship.

Welcome back Kris Boyd.

now we can moan for a year about how he never scores against them or in europe

YaSSSS

Can I also add to the threads / posts we'll see

- he is useless in that lone striker role

- he is always first in queue at nandos

- his 40 goals weren't needed to win the championship we should have give game time to a 16 yo striker so they would be world class for next year if only we had not signed Boyd

27 June 2014Last updated at 09:14

Kris Boyd has agreed terms on a deal to return to Rangers and will undergo a medical later on Friday.

The 30-year-old, who left the Ibrox club four years ago, is expected to sign a one-year contract with the Scottish Championship side.

Boyd scored 22 goals for Kilmarnock last term and the Rugby Park outfit had hoped to tie him up on a new contract.

Aberdeen and Dundee United were also in the hunt for the hitman after his Killie contract expired.

Rangers have, however, won the race to sign the former Scotland international, who scored more than 100 goals for the Ibrox side between 2006-2010.