Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Seriously .I want Ally out of their like a passion but he isn't going anywhere so we all have to get behind the team .

I'm happy that a quality tried and tested player has returned ,just like Miller.

If It's the best Ally can do then we have no choice.

There will be absolutely NO EXCUSES for not winning the league now

Host .Not got that info mate but you can be assured .Marco is very pally with Jig and Boydy

Wages ?? Nothing would surprise me there with all the old buddies topping up their pensions at Rangers expense .

Looking forward to the start now .This is the big one for me .

Host .Not got that info mate but you can be assured .Marco is very pally with Jig and Boydy

Wages ?? Nothing would surprise me there with all the old buddies topping up their pensions at Rangers expense .

Looking forward to the start now .This is the big one for me .

didn't know that about boyd

obviously knew it about LM

over 1 and a 5 is what I have heard

I can only hope its completely untrue

Kris Boyd on verge of rejoining Rangers

3215981399.jpg

Kris Boyd. Picture: SNS

Updated on the 27 June

09:59

Published 27/06/2014 09:55

Print this

Sponsored by 1314456164.jpg

2 comments Have your say!

Rangers have agreed terms with Kris Boyd with the former Ibrox striker set to undergo a medical on Friday.

The 30-year-old left Rangers four years ago for Middlesbrough and is expected to sign a one-year deal with Ally McCoist’s side.

Rangers face competition for the Championship title this upcoming season with both Hibs and Hearts vying for promotion.

The former Scotland international scored over 100 goals during his first stint at Rangers however he had a less successful spell with Middlesbrough after joining from Ibrox in 2010 and his spell in Turkey with Eskisehirspor did not work out.

Boyd has rebuilt his career since however having established himself in America with Portland Timbers before returning to Scotland with Kilmarnock where he scored 22 goals last season.

Kilmarnock had hoped to keep Boyd however a number of clubs had expressed an interest including Aberdeen and Dundee United.

Boyd however looks set to join his former Ibrox team mate Kenny Miller who has also rejoined the Glasgow club.

RANGERS Football Club can today confirm the signing of Kris Boyd on a one-year deal.

The 30-year-old striker successfully completed his medical at Murray Park this morning and can now look forward to a second spell with the Light Blues having previously signed for the club from Kilmarnock in January 2006.

In four-and-a-half years Boyd netted a remarkable 101 league goals in 143 appearances working under Alex McLeish, Paul Le Guen and Walter Smith at Ibrox, a record which helped him become the SPL's all-time leading scorer.

With 18 caps and seven goals for the Scotland national team, he left Rangers in the summer of 2010 and went on to play for Middlesbrough, Nottingham Forrest on loan, Eskişehirspor in Turkey and MLS side Portland Timbers before returning to Kilmarnock in February 2013.

This proved to be the perfect move for Boyd who enjoyed a terrific season at Rugby Park in 2013/14. He netted 22 goals to help Killie retain their Premiership status and was on the shortlist for the PFA Player of the Year award.

Having already won two Scottish Premier League titles and two Scottish Cup and two League Cup winners medals the prolific forward is now targeting further success with Rangers.

He said: “I’m thrilled to be back, I’m a Rangers fan and I know everything about the club. I’m really looking forward to the new season and it will be a tough but exciting challenge.

“In football it’s strange because you never know what can happen but as soon as I knew there was a bit of interest in me from Rangers there was only one place I was going.”

Rangers Manager Ally McCoist said: "We’re delighted to announce that Kris has signed a one-year deal with us this morning.

“We’ve been speaking to him for a few days now and he obviously showed a great desire to come back and we were very keen for him to come back. It’s great news for the club."