Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Split 50/50 on this one. Happy to see Boyd back as he'll bag 20+ goals a season but our signings really highlight how inept McCoist is.

We've absolutely squandered a golden opportunity to build a homegrown youthful squad - and make some horrific signings in the process.

Will be good to see Miller and Boyd link up though.

Split 50/50 on this one. Happy to see Boyd back as he'll bag 20+ goals a season but our signings really highlight how inept McCoist is.

We've absolutely squandered a golden opportunity to build a homegrown youthful squad - and make some horrific signings in the process.

Will be good to see Miller and Boyd link up though.

This post is a great exemplar of McCoist bashing. See if you're happy about something mate, that's a good thing. You don't need to find something bad to say in all situations. ;)

This is good, that is good, I'm happy, but oooo, McCoist is inept.

Um?

This post is a great exemplar of McCoist bashing. See if you're happy about something mate, that's a good thing. You don't need to find something bad to say in all situations. ;)

This is good, that is good, I'm happy, but oooo, McCoist is inept.

Um?

Kind of highlighting why I said I'm split 50/50 on this one...

And I tell you why I think he's inept. Every signing he has made so far this season are short term solutions to get him over certain hurdles.

There is no long term plan. Youth has been scrapped because he is afraid of failing. Even more so after the embarrassing results in the cups last year.

So yes, call it McCoist bashing but its blatantly obvious that he's making these signings because he's too afriad to risk playing the youth players.

And I tell you why I think he's inept. Every signing he has made so far this season are short term solutions to get him over certain hurdles.

There is no long term plan. Youth has been scrapped because he is afraid of failing. Even more so after the embarrassing results in the cups last year.

So yes, call it McCoist bashing but its blatantly obvious that he's making these signings because he's too afriad to risk playing the youth players.

Yes, I know this argument, but I don't think the Boyd signing falls into that category. You don't seem to either going by your happiness at the signing. Having a go about his general signing policy is for another time. You CAN have a positive view on something McCoist does without having to balance it out.

Youth has been scrapped? Aird and Macleod have shown if you're good enough you will play. It's not just ally making short term signings to get over certain hurdles. The board need it as well as there's no contingency plan should we fail to go up. The club needs to get out of the championship at the first attempt.

So how much of a gamble are you willing to take about progression? A little gamble? A big gamble!? How many games are you willing to lose while these players develop? 1 a season, 2 , 5?

What folk mean is Ally should win all games, comfortably, with cheap youngsters because any 'coach' could do so? We are Rangers after all !

So how much of a gamble are you willing to take about progression? A little gamble? A big gamble!? How many games are you willing to lose while these players develop? 1 a season, 2 , 5?

What folk mean is Ally should win all games, comfortably, with cheap youngsters because any 'coach' could do so? We are Rangers after all !

True but I think defeats with a young squad can be dealt with easier. Certainly the Raith Rovers defeat last season was difficult to take as we were littered with experienced SPL players that day.

My point was emphasised when we started with the young goalie last season and he looked comfortable enough in goals. Days later we sign Simonsen and loan the boy out to Airdrie.

A waste of money in my eyes.

True but I think defeats with a young squad can be dealt with easier. Certainly the Raith Rovers defeat last season was difficult to take as we were littered with experienced SPL players that day.

My point was emphasised when we started with the young goalie last season and he looked comfortable enough in goals. Days later we sign Simonsen and loan the boy out to Airdrie.

You can say that, but the economics are such that if we don't go up a league every year we might not be around to support our team.

I hate Ally's policy of going primarily for ex players. But in saying that, I reckon Boyd could be the best of those yet.

Think many would agree.

Its not huge praise to Ally, nor is it another criticism of him.

Think the ally loyal need to understand not every opinion not FULLY endorsing this signing is an attack on Ally or a negative.

I hate Ally's policy of going primarily for ex players. But in saying that, I reckon Boyd could be the best of those yet.

Think many would agree.

Think the ally loyal need to understand not every opinion not FULLY endorsing this signing is an attack on Ally or a negative.

It's good that you explained that, because until I read further I was under the impression that 'I hate Ally's signing policy' was a negative.

Phew.

Think many would agree.

The signing ex-players business is not exactly thrilling, but in the absence of a single, solitary scout, let alone a scouting network, it's understandable.

Why do people have to blatantly make things up? Aird and MacLeod played 60 games between them last season, they don't deserve to be completely ignored to fit an agenda.

Why do people have to blatantly make things up? Aird and MacLeod played 60 games between them last season, they don't deserve to be completely ignored to fit an agenda.

Ok, you have got me there. However...

Blatantly make things up? The average player age has gone up every season under McCoist and has now went up even further with the addition of Boyd, McGregor and Miller.

Fact.

Some people on here would rather we fail to prove their point than us succeeding and proving them wrong.

Blatantly make things up? The average player age has gone up every season under McCoist and has now went up even further with the addition of Boyd, McGregor and Miller.

Fact.

I bet you can't back that up.

Not that it matters, it has little or nothing to do with what I said.

Ok, you have got me there. However...

Fact.

We keep going up! Fact !

The thing is had Bell picked up an injury you then have a young keeper in goals and an even younger keeper as backup - some might embrace that but as a club that must win it might also have cost us. But my question still stands - do people assume even with all these youths they wanted how much of a risk would they take with list games - how many games would you accept losses in to develop the kids? And if we did lose with kids would Ally still be to blame? Or would you back him?

The thing is had Bell picked up an injury you then have a young keeper in goals and an even younger keeper as backup - some might embrace that but as a club that must win it might also have cost us. But my question still stands - do people assume even with all these youths they wanted how much of a risk would they take with list games - how many games would you accept losses in to develop the kids? And if we did lose with kids would Ally still be to blame? Or would you back him?

Well Bell did pick up an injury and we played Simonsen and he had a howler against DU. Hindsight etc etc I suppose.

My point being it's just becoming more and more difficult for the youth players to get a chance with the new signings.

Like Luca for instance, seen him play a few times a few seasons go, looked decent enough, barely seen last season and with Mcgregor arriving he is now even further down the pecking order.

I bet you can't back that up.

Not that it matters, it has little or nothing to do with what I said.

It would be possible to prove it but quite frankly I don't have the time nor effort required.

Simonsen and Cribari leaving is a step in the right direction however.

Well Bell did pick up an injury and we played Simonsen and he had a howler against DU. Hindsight etc etc I suppose.

My point being it's just becoming more and more difficult for the youth players to get a chance with the new signings.

Like Luca for instance, seen him play a few times a few seasons go, looked decent enough, barely seen last season and with Mcgregor arriving he is now even further down the pecking order.

So back to my question - how much would you risk to introduce these kids? Just lete know the number of games? And if we lose is Ally to blame?

So back to my question - how much would you risk to introduce these kids? Just lete know the number of games? And if we lose is Ally to blame?

The time has come and gone for that. Division 3, playing part timers, play the kids and build their experience season by season. Keep a group of experienced players as player/coaches.

In my opinion this is what I would have liked. TBH, Miller and Boyd would be ideal to help coach any young strikers, but as it stands there won't be any U21 strikers in the first team unless Daly, Shiels etc are moved on. The young Gallagher possibly.