Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

I would have liked Boyd to come back but it's looking less likely to happen by the day.

Miller & Daly aren't likely to score somewhere close to 1 in 2 in the SPL now and Clark & Gallagher are still relatively unproven.

Boyd, even at 31/2, would and with only one season until we are back in the SPL we need to have one eye on signing players who are going to be able to help us finish as high as possible in our first season back.

We're going to need a near on full new team in a years times to compete at the top of the premiership, due to Allys horrendous short term planning.

but when are we going to get the defence sorted? it should have been priority, instead ally goes for Miller and a mentality of "leak if we must, as long as we score one more than them".

i honestly don't think he'll bolster it much next season either. he could have the pick of bougherra hutton and cuellar just now but he's not shown any interest and this is the guy who brought Foster and Smith back.

And neither he should.

If we weren't in such a perilous situation financially I would have liked to have seen all of the above back, especially Hutton ( where did you hear that btw?) however we need more of a long term plan to sustain us.

I don't rate Ally at all and think he is a dreadful manager but I'm glad he's not going over the top with signing 'do a job' ex players that have zero sell on value.

Smith and Foster were shocking signings I agree.

I would like to see us starting the season with Clark and Miller up front, as previously said in here I would have rather Boyd than Miller but it wasn't to be. I think Clark was starting to find a good bit of form before his injury and a good run in the team would do him the world of good, and I'm confident he will be well amongst the goals this term.

We're going to need a near on full new team in a years times to compete at the top of the premiership, due to Allys horrendous short term planning.

For all his faults, I honestly don't think his planning was too bad last year tbh.

For the most part, the signings haven't worked out but nobody can say for certain how a player will do.

On paper Law, Bell, Mohsni, Peralta & Clark were all of an age where they could be going into the SPL with two years at the club under their belts, while still being of an age where they could be sold on or play for two/three years in the SPL too.

Smith & Foster are no world beaters and aren't good enough to start every week in the SPL, but they could easily be squad players in the SPL, and both will still be under 30 when we get there too.

For all his faults, I honestly don't think his planning was too bad last year tbh.

For the most part, the signings haven't worked out but nobody can say for certain how a player will do.

On paper Law, Bell, Mohsni, Peralta & Clark were all of an age where they could be going into the SPL with two years at the club under their belts, while still being of an age where they could be sold on or play for two/three years in the SPL too.

Smith & Foster are no world beaters and aren't good enough to start every week in the SPL, but they could easily be squad players in the SPL, and both will still be under 30 when we get there too.

When we punted Gallagher (GK) out on loan for 6 months to get experience (after he had performed pretty well for us) and signed Simonsen as a back up i questioned his judgement.

But when Gallagher returned and Durrant came out in the press and effectively said 'Gallagher will only play in the reserves. Bell is no 1 and Simonsen is number 2.' I knew there was no chance of younger players really getting a chance. What kind of motivation is that to a young player - regardless of your performances you're in the reserves regardless?

Those saying Miller and Gallagher/Clarke will be a good combo are kidding themselves. It's Miller and Daly regardless and we better get used to it, unless Jig wants a stint up front.

erdeen hold signing talks with striking sensation Kris Boyd

16 June 2014 14:02 BST

Goals: Boyd was the equal second top scorer in the Premiership last season with John Sutton, netting 22 league goals. Pic: SNS Group

Aberdeen have taken the lead in the race to snap up free-agent Kris Boyd.

Manager Derek McInnes has held talks with the striker who left Kilmarnock at the end of the season.

Boyd, who netted 22 goals in the last campaign, making him the equal second top scorer in the league with John Sutton, would fit the bill as the Dons search for another attacker.

The 30-year old has also been linked with Dundee United and French side Nimes, though, and has said he wants time to consider his options.

McInness would hope to see Boyd join up with the Pittodrie side before their Europa League qualifying campaign gets underway on July 3.

Speaking to the Evening Express, he said: "I managed to meet and talk with Kris and also talked to his agent.

"We have had a discussion and said we would like to bring another forward into the club.

"We have made a pitch of what Aberdeen can be as a club for Kris.

"Kris has a few other options and wants some time to consider them."

FFS you think we cant win the championship without Boyd??

Yes I think if we had signed Boyd it would have been a huge step to winning the championship. Also we could win it without him but it will depend on who we bring in and going on Ally's signing's so far I wouldn't be overly optimistic. For instance we do not have one natural right winger in our squad and it has been that way for the last 2 years and we have been shoe horning various members of our squad into that position without much success (although you could say Aird has performed okay in that position).

Boyd wouldn't have guaranteed us 2nd place either??

I suppose nothing is ever guaranteed but Boyd's goals would have been a big step in the right direction. Also he would have could have done us for at least 2/3 years. I know one thing for sure is that Miller and Daly certainly wont make much of a contribution in the SPFL as they will nearly be drawing their pensions by then.

We won't get anywhere in the SPFL with the likes of Perluta, Jig, Moshni, Smith, Foster, Hutton, Shiels and Daly to be honest. Strikers the one department where we do have potential from what I can see.

That I certainly do agree with. Due to Ally's signing policy we will need an entire new team for next year if we do get promotion. I think if we had signed Boyd it would have been one less that we would have had to sign.

I thought after Wallace was out injured Smith justified his position, also found a deadball taker, an added bonus, whether people like it or not Ally had to try and find a decent standard of cover for all his main players positions.

Smith and Foster while not exactly top drawer are at least experianced, I had hoped Boyd would be signed, but don't think it is a total disaster if he goes somewhere else

:7325:

This will one will really piss me off if we don't even try and sign Boyd.

He will score a shite load of goals next season where ever he goes

Typical mccoist useless bastard signing policy. Get a 35 year old Kenny miller back from Canada, but ignore 30 year old Boyd who is bang back in form

This could be the last straw ally, once our players start fannying about 3 months into the new season and you are too fuckin stupid to know how to motivate them and all the goals dry up. At least would have a half a chance with Boyd there

Hopefully he will be away in a few months time

The time for sentiment is long over

Please fuck off away from the club ally before you set us back even further with your pathetic signings and shite shite football

Do people know the in's and out's of this or are they just getting all raging for the sake of it?

Just think there is a general frustration at Ally having made a complete arse of our rebuilding process.

Boyd isn't the best, but a finisher of genuine quality and a reminder of the quality we used to see (similar to Miller). Time will tell, but I think it would be a mistake not brining him in.

Just think there is a general frustration at Ally having made a complete arse of our rebuilding process.

Boyd isn't the best, but a finisher of genuine quality and a reminder of the quality we used to see (similar to Miller). Time will tell, but I think it would be a mistake not brining him in.

IF ally has been allowed to speak to him. Boyd said two weeks ago that he's had not contact from anyone at Ibrox