**** The Official Ventura County Fusion Vs Rangers

gogzy

Looking at the pattern of the game, Fusion gave us plenty of respect early on. We are clearly the better team but did not attempt to put any more effort in than in a routine training match. We lacked any real enthusiasm for breaking down their defence. Fusion became more involved in the match and grabbed a goal. Their confidence grew and we continued to go through the motions. After they got their second, our heads went down. When Mohsni scored, we started looking hungry again as we were back in with a chance for the draw but then we gave up after their third.

Clearly Fusion were up for this and we were not. (Anyone know if this is their close season...a warm-up for them too?)

Boyd and Miller both failed with very good chances. Straight after each, Fusion scored. A hungry team will chase opportunities after a near miss but our players lost concentration both times.

With a large squad and plenty of options, Ally needs to make it very clear that no one's place is assured, lack of winning mentality in any match is going to lose players their place in the team and we play for the jersey. McCoist knows what it is to play for the jersey and so do a few others in the squad, as does Durrant.

Time for Mr Nice Guy to take a backward step. He didn't score all those goals over the years by being nice to everyone. McCoist's ruthless side needs to come out.

Glad I missed this, I have no doubt we will win the league, but it seems it will be the usual pish football next season, Boyd 85 etc 1-0... McCoist doesn't have a philosophy or an idea of how he want to see the team play. We don't have an identity, its amateur stuff.. Hate to say this, but he has to go

@Rfc52 I have to disagree, after a shaky start in the 3rd div we played good football up until xmas beating M/well etc. then the league was over, admitidley we were shite to watch after that, same in the 2nd, 8-1 against stenny and a few other games when we blew teams away 5-0, then the players took the foot off again at xmas. which shouldn't be happening and is the managers job to motivate the team, Ally deserves critisism, but he's a rookie learning his trade, ppl seem to forget this.

Ally is about to start his 4th season as manager and had several years under Walters wing learning the trade AND as you pointed out in a previous thread he was in a position many assistant aren't and got to take charge of the team in cup games so he is far from being a rookie manager now.

Ally has presided over some of the worst defeats in our clubs history and THAT is sometimes overlooked.

At times we look to have no heart, fight ,desire or tactical nous and that has to be instilled by the management t team and if they can't get players to do it they change the team but even that didn't happen.

I've not seen the game or any highlights yet but looking at the line up Jig in midfield? Is Ally taking the piss?

Did you expect anything less, we now know how he is going to line up this season, and Jig is going to be in the team every week. Some will still stand by him. Disgraceful.

541 in the first half...

That I'm not so surprised by as with the squad we have got it's probably the same line up I would have go with but we don't press teams so I'm guessing it was more defensive than Wallace & Foster pushing on?

Did you expect anything less, we now know how he is going to line up this season, and Jig is going to be in the team every week. Some will still stand by him. Disgraceful.

Do you know I really hoped that Ally could see that Jig didn't have the legs to play at CB in League 1 but it appears not. I know we all speak about how people like Gasparotto & Halkett must be feeling about being shoe horned in but so must Templeton, Shiels, Aird, McKay & so on.

That I'm not so surprised by as with the squad we have got it's probably the same line up I would have go with but we don't press teams so I'm guessing it was more defensive than Wallace & Foster pushing on?

Do you know I really hoped that Ally could see that Jig didn't have the legs to play at CB in League 1 but it appears not. I know we all speak about how people like Gasparotto & Halkett must be feeling about being shoe horned in but so must Templeton, Shiels, Aird, McKay & so on.

Tbh with the squad we have 352 would probably have been a better option, with the squad we have we should start with 2 up top and remember we started this game with

Wallace

Foster

Mohsni

Jig

McGregor

Zaliukas

Add Black in to that equation and its not the most attacking of sides.

Tbh with the squad we have 352 would probably have been a better option, with the squad we have we should start with 2 up top and remember we started this game with

Wallace

Foster

Mohsni

Jig

McGregor

Zaliukas

Add Black in to that equation and its not the most attacking of sides.

Didn't mean line up meant to put formation haha

I would've went with

Bell

Foster

Zaliukas

McGregor

Moshni

Wallace

Black

Law

Macleod

Boyd

Miller

But with Wallace & Foster pushing up to be essentially a 3-5-2. Or maybe ever Temps/Aird over Foster.

I've read Ally's comments on the Rangers site & it's worrying that he laments the defending in the second half - meaning he thinks that starting line up is ok :anguish:

We've had 2 good perfromances and results and 2 bad performances and results seemingly with different formations each time. Which one am I supposed to read into most?

I just can't bring myself to care about results in pre-season games. They mean nothing, they are glorified training exercises.

The last time we won the SPL we had a horrendous pre-season - then went on and won the double and got to the last 16 of the Europa League. Nothing can be determined in these games, whether it's beating Fulham or losing to some yank mob.

This, bad result but in the grand scheme of things it only matters what happens in the first two games against hivs in the cup then the first league game against hearts, then I will judge.

Didn't mean line up meant to put formation haha

I would've went with

Bell

Foster

Zaliukas

McGregor

Moshni

Wallace

Black

Law

Macleod

Boyd

Miller

But with Wallace & Foster pushing up to be essentially a 3-5-2. Or maybe ever Temps/Aird over Foster.

I've read Ally's comments on the Rangers site & it's worrying that he laments the defending in the second half - meaning he thinks that starting line up is ok :anguish:

Yeah I read that and I think it was a lot more than just the defending, I certainly hope he doesn't think the 541 worked

We just played a team in their own "midden" 48 hours after arriving on a 10 hour flight, travelling across 6 time zones in a pre-season, experimental match. Throw in the fact that this'll likely be the biggest game in the clubs history and theyll have treated it as such. We lost, so what?

We've had 2 good perfromances and results and 2 bad performances and results seemingly with different formations each time. Which one am I supposed to read into most?

I just can't bring myself to care about results in pre-season games. They mean nothing, they are glorified training exercises.

The last time we won the SPL we had a horrendous pre-season - then went on and won the double and got to the last 16 of the Europa League. Nothing can be determined in these games, whether it's beating Fulham or losing to some yank mob.

Horrendous as in results wise? Quick reminder..

Rangers 2 Blackburn 1

Sydney 0 Rangers 0

AEK 1 Rangers 0

Clyde 0 Rangers 2

Rangers 2 Newcastle 1

So, is Alistair a young manager learning his trade, or is Alistair simply not ever going to cut the mustard.

Does our CEO have the mettle to make the decision before the season proper....... or is he going to pretend that we are getting value for money.