***** Official Scottish Clubs In Europe Thread *****

Good luck to all Scottish clubs playing in Europe tonight. We need to raise the co-efficient in order to boost our chances of qualification next season, so this thread will serve the purpose of supporting all Scottish clubs in European competitions, aside from the tims of course, I just can't bring myself to do it.

I don't know much about how the coefficient works but we usually had two Champions League spots in the SPL although the runner up rarely made it as the non-champions run is harder but recently we must have gone out of the rank needed for two spots the past few years. I was wondering if were due again to rise in ranks with our coefficient as it's done on the past four years considering Celtic have done alright in Europe and if we could potentially have two CL spots when were back in the top tier ?

I don't know much about how the coefficient works but we usually had two Champions League spots in the SPL although the runner up rarely made it as the non-champions run is harder but recently we must have gone out of the rank needed for two spots the past few years. I was wondering if were due again to rise in ranks with our coefficient as it's done on the past four years considering Celtic have done alright in Europe and if we could potentially have two CL spots when were back in the top tier ?

I think that the coefficient was high in previous years is because there were two strong teams in Europe, us and them.

This past few years they have carried everyone which means the coefficient will remain low (unless the consistently do well). The others need to start pulling their weight.

Scores?

1-1 St Johnstone a crucial away goal to take back to Perth as they held Luzern to a 1-1 draw in their Europa League second qualifying round first-leg tie.

0-0 Aberdeen and FC Groningen fought out a goalless stalemate at Pittodrie as both sides cancelled each other out in the first leg of their Europa League second qualifying round tie.

2-2 Josh Law scored twice in the first 19 minutes of his Motherwell career, but Stuart McCall's men were pegged back by two penalties against Icelandic side Stjarnan at Fir Park.

Doing a great job for the coefficient for when we get back to Europe, thanks wee sh*tey clubs.

Three draws are better than three defeats.

We are 95th just now with a coefficient of 16.280 but we are due to lose 12.720 at the end of the season which will take us way, way down meaning when we are back in Europe we will probably be unseeded. :disappointment:

Used to give a fuck about other Scottish trams doing well for the co efficient but let's face it none of the do, only Rangers and that lot have delivered over at least the past 20 years.

Now I could not possibly give a fuck about them and I hope they all get pumped.

Wouldn't bother worrying about coefficients, EUFA will just manipulate them to get the standings they want.

At start of 1992/93 season, we were seeded 11 at the start of the European Cup/champions league. We got effectively to the semi-final that year, unbeaten. Despite this, at start of season 1993/94 we had dropped to 17th seeds missing out on automatic entry to the groups. The injustice of this was compounded by us being put out by Levski in qualifier

1-1 St Johnstone a crucial away goal to take back to Perth as they held Luzern to a 1-1 draw in their Europa League second qualifying round first-leg tie.

0-0 Aberdeen and FC Groningen fought out a goalless stalemate at Pittodrie as both sides cancelled each other out in the first leg of their Europa League second qualifying round tie.

2-2 Josh Law scored twice in the first 19 minutes of his Motherwell career, but Stuart McCall's men were pegged back by two penalties against Icelandic side Stjarnan at Fir Park.

Cheers.

Good to see the capitulations in the first legs.

Got to Laugh at these Teams

The Mhanks will be pushed to make it imo too.

God how I will laugh if they don't.

Noticed that Josh Law scored twice and that he went to Motherwell on a free. Also happens to be Nicky Law's brother. Anyone seen the guy play at all? Not seen him play myself and it's too late now but if he turns out to be any good could it be a missed opportunity considering his brother must know how good or bad he is and could maybe of had some influence in potentially coming to us if he was decent. I appreciate though he may have just got off to a flyer on his debut and could turn out to be p1sh! :)