*****The Official Sacramento Vs Rangers Thread*****

julescotia

Clueless strikes again.

Make no mistake that starting 11 is his favoured team and style for the coming season.

Jobs for the boys and no game time as per usual for the youngsters like Gallagher, Crawford and McKay.

Another god awful season awaits

Just tried to watch this on you tube,it was too painful.

When , the commentator said that Sacramento had drawn with Orlando 2 nights ago I gave up completely. If we had played 2 nights ago we would have used that as an excuse for a poor performance.

One thing I did notice though was Kris Boyd looked very slow, thankfully speed was never his thing.

Never in any way, shape or form is he a left mid. Would be better in Jigs position but we all know his place is more or less guaranteed for next season :anguish:

Never stayed up for it, so just reading the thread just now. And if McCulloch has been shoehorned into CM at the expense of arguably our best player - MacLoed- it's another in a long list of shocking decisions from McCoist.

I've not seen the game, other than McCoist putting McCulloch in the team, can someone tell me how we played?

Tbh much the same as we have done.

Caught easily on counter attacks in the first half and lacked a lot of creativity going forward.

Pluses were IMO Millers movement and application and when McGregor came on our CB pairing was a lot more solid.

Black came on at the start of the 2nd but for Templeton which pushed Law to the right with Jig and Black CM.

Here's what McCoist said after this mornings match about the formation in the Ventura game:

No, we’ll try it again. This is what preseason is all about – we’ve been working on it in training.

To be honest with you in the last game we defended as poorly as we have in a long time but I actually felt we defended worse in the second half with the four in the back rather then the first half with the three & five defenders.

So we’ll keep working on these things – that’s what preseason is all about. But we certainly looked better today but we still didn’t defend well in the first half with the four but it was miles better in the second half.

We’ll keep working on it in the preseason & we’ll try the three, the four, the five in the back. It’s nice to have a couple of strings in your bow or you become too one dimensional.

I like that answer, kind of makes a mockery of those who were adamant that he had decided on that as his formation for the season.

Tbh much the same as we have done.

Caught easily on counter attacks in the first half and lacked a lot of creativity going forward.

Pluses were IMO Millers movement and application and when McGregor came on our CB pairing was a lot more solid.

Black came on at the start of the 2nd but for Templeton which pushed Law to the right with Jig and Black CM.

He put Law on the right? doh

The guy just wont ever learn will he?

Here's what McCoist said after this mornings match about the formation in the Ventura game:

No, we’ll try it again. This is what preseason is all about – we’ve been working on it in training.

To be honest with you in the last game we defended as poorly as we have in a long time but I actually felt we defended worse in the second half with the four in the back rather then the first half with the three & five defenders.

So we’ll keep working on these things – that’s what preseason is all about. But we certainly looked better today but we still didn’t defend well in the first half with the four but it was miles better in the second half.

We’ll keep working on it in the preseason & we’ll try the three, the four, the five in the back. It’s nice to have a couple of strings in your bow or you become too one dimensional.

I like that answer, kind of makes a mockery of those who were adamant that he had decided on that as his formation for the season.

Sorry but all that statement says to me is, he hasnt a clue what to go with....will it be 3, will it be 4 or will it be 5.

And that last line sums Ally up to a tee...he thinks hes some kind of super european technically gifted coach, where he has the ability to swap players posistions and turn them into better multi dimensional players

Play players to their own strenghths and in their natural posistion, and maybe we would look like a team that knows what the F***k we are doing instead of looking like the keystone cops out on a bender.

Sorry but all that statement says to me is, he hasnt a clue what to go with....will it be 3, will it be 4 or will it be 5.

And that last line sums Ally up to a tee...he thinks hes some kind of super european technically gifted coach, where he has the ability to swap players posistions and turn them into better multi dimensional players

Play players to their own strenghths and in their natural posistion, and maybe we would look like a team that knows what the F***k we are doing instead of looking like the keystone cops out on a bender.

Come on, this is what pre-season is for - to experiment with formations and players in positions, people who see us play a formation in a pre season friendly and get all upset about it need to learn to chill out a bit.

Just tried to watch this on you tube,it was too painful.

When , the commentator said that Sacramento had drawn with Orlando 2 nights ago I gave up completely. If we had played 2 nights ago we would have used that as an excuse for a poor performance.

One thing I did notice though was Kris Boyd looked very slow, thankfully speed was never his thing.

Apparently they started with a totally different 11 to that which started against Orlando - not sure if that meant we were playing their stiffs or whether Orlando had that pleasure?

At best we looked competent. Jig looks as if he is being accommodated, not sure what he brings to the team in midfield. Moshni is a bombscare at the back, his passing and reading of the game are atrocious. McGregor looks a lot better than him alongside Zaliukas. Foster was laboured and Faure seems our best bet at right back. Miller and Law were very sharp and full of running whilst MacLeod needs a wee bit more time to get back to his best. Boyd huffed and puffed, looked slow and passed up a couple of good first half chances. Shiels continues to show nothing but a lack of commitment, seems to me he just goes through the motions. Bell wasn't tested. Black added bite in the middle and got forward well for his goal. Wallace was composed and as usual his speed and athleticism saved the defence in the first half.

Overall, we looked better than the other night not that that says much, and the 4-4-2 seemed a more comfortable formation for this squad. I've not mentioned Temps because, well, there really wasn't anything to see or say about his contribution or lack thereof.

Really enjoyed the commentary, it was refreshingly free of the usual anti-rangers bias we normally get. Get them signed up!

Scottish commentators are so jaded and dull. These Americans might've sounded a bit naive, but it's great to hear people who're earnestly passionate about sport. Probably says something about our national character - enthusiasm isn't our strong suit.

Ally can experiment all he wants he must think we woke up from a coma yesterday. Everyone knows away games will be Miller up top on his own and Jig centre midfield playing the Makalele role. In Allys mind anways. I say away games probably most home ones too.

Ally get out