*****The Official Sacramento Vs Rangers Thread*****

julescotia

I don't know what people are complaining about. I just watched the second half and, for a friendly, that was a more than adequate performance. Granted, our defence looks very shaky, but there's absolutely no way this team won't win the league comfortably.

Just watched the game and can't work out why so many of the Ally ooters are getting their knickers in a twist. Rangers treated the game like a pre season friendly and Sacremento played like a team who have 10 league games under their belt, other than a moment of slackness on the 46th minute HT (which was a shot from outside the box) we dominated the game. Boyd and Miller linked up well looked as if they had never been apart, Cammy Bell never touched the ball, Moshni looked a yard off the pace and was replaced by an impressive McGregor. Nicky Law was the best player on the park, Templeton looked off the pace aswell although he did have a couple of decent touches before he was hooked. McCulloch didnt do much wrong, Ian Black added a bit of steel in midfield and took his goal well.Wallace was ok but final ball wasn't the best. Dean Sheils? I just don't know, its as if when he pulls the jersey on, its just too much for him, not just in that game you could count on one hand how many times he has played well in a game.

442 suited us, result is meaningless. more impressed that we kept them at bay with only one of their players being stand out which was gilberto (think that was his name).

Good work out for the team.

Sounds like we were poor again then cheers for the update did we play 5-4-1 again

Didn't see it myself (just seen on here & a match report on a Sacramento website) but sounds another sketchy performance & I think we were trying 5-4-1 again (may have reverted to 4-4-2 as the game wore on).

Positives are coming from behind & keeping going to the end, as far as I can see.

Oh well it was a win. I've not seen the game, but from reports it sounds like our finishing is a bit ropey still. Then again, they are 3rd in the Pro League, so we can assume they're no mugs. Things will get better and it sounds like a decent tour so far.

Oh well it was a win. I've not seen the game, but from reports it sounds like our finishing is a bit ropey still. Then again, they are 3rd in the Pro League, so we can assume they're no mugs. Things will get better and it sounds like a decent tour so far.

If our strikers had been even twenty percent sharper (which, of course, is the point of these games), we'd have beaten a fairly solid outfit by a very comfortable margin. McCulloch in midfield is the only genuinely troublesome element of this game.

You STILL haven't worked out that I don't think he's much of a manager at all, have you?

Maybe I should take one stock negative opinion on everything and throw in some name-calling while I'm at it. My point is that people cream over negativity on here, witness the ridiculous posts by people in the first half who suddenly disappeared when we went 2-1 up.

people don't "cream over negativity" it's because all the football we are seeing is absolute dross it's not as if it's just been this pre season it's the last 3 years and people are sick of it, you expect people to watch our dross performance last night and not criticize it? as long as I continue to see shite being served up I will moan about it.

Oh and maybe the reason people suddenly dissapeared when we went 2-1 up was because the game had finished and it was fucking 5.30am in the morning so all the people who stayed up for it thought they would go to sleep?

Watched the full game; Foster and Templeton carrying on from last season showing they are a pair of bottlers, never Rangers players.

Zaliuskas and Black played surprisingly well.

Didn't see it myself (just seen on here & a match report on a Sacramento website) but sounds another sketchy performance & I think we were trying 5-4-1 again (may have reverted to 4-4-2 as the game wore on).

Positives are coming from behind & keeping going to the end, as far as I can see.

We will need more than that come the league kicking off

What a load of nonsense, pre-season is about gaining match sharpness for the coming season, and to experiment with formations and players

i agree, hence why people are then worried why mcculloch is getting sharpness in the midfield role, why would ally play him there all pre season not to play him there in the competitive games

why sign hutton again if we now have jig, black, macleod, peralta for the sitting mid role

People moan about us being too one dimensional with no plan B and then moan when we try something different in friendlies.

i agree, but we need to be good at plan A first, arguably we arent given we have just put 4 new players into the team

Watched the full game; Foster and Templeton carrying on from last season showing they are a pair of bottlers, never Rangers players.

Zaliuskas and Black played surprisingly well.

Don't agree about Zaliuskas although thought he looked more comfortable next to McGregor in the 2nd half. Templeton though, what a waster. Same with Macleod, I just don't rate him at all.

Watched the second half in bed, on the iPhone and it was better. Far more urgency but the wasted opportunities better be pre-season issues and not the sign of this to come.

I thought McGregor made a difference, both with defensive duties and attacking - proving Mohsni can go any time. Fairs looked hungry and I would love to see Foster dropped for him.

Positive from the game, apart from the win? Kenny Miller was all over the place as usual, giving their defence a nightmare.

people don't "cream over negativity" it's because all the football we are seeing is absolute dross it's not as if it's just been this pre season it's the last 3 years and people are sick of it, you expect people to watch our dross performance last night and not criticize it? as long as I continue to see shite being served up I will moan about it.

They fuckin well do cream over negativity, you're one of the worst. People who lose their shit over pre-season kick abouts are not be taken seriously in my book, regardless of what has happened over the last 3 years.