Mrwins selections for August

mrwin

As suggested in another thread I will post selections throughout August and we can see how we fair at the end of the month from a start of 10 units

Today's selection is

Extortionist 3-40 GW 9/2

1 unit win only

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As suggested in another thread I will post selections throughout August and we can see how we fair at the end of the month from a start of 10 units

Today's selection is

Extortionist 3-40 GW 9/2

1 unit win only

Good luck. Do you study the form?

Good luck. Do you study the form?

To a degree but I follow a lot.of different systems and patterns and mix in good circles .

I post on here solely to share info with fellow Bears who like a punt!

It's fair to say the guys that follow me have done ok.

he’s in good form at the moment. He’s only the one runner here and saddles up in the 4.00.

Allegria comes here from a better looking third last time out over this course and distance than first glance would suggest. Finishing a length behind the eventual winner she should come on for that run and looks suitably placed in this race off a mark of 85. That’s only a lb higher than her last run so shouldn’t cause a problem. She might want a bit softer in the ground than the good to firm currently declared but it’s been raining all afternoon up here (I only live 30 miles away from the course) and I know Gosden won’t run her if he feels the ground will be a problem.

I’m expecting the bookies to open up at around the 6/1 mark so grab that when you can. It’s usually around 1700 hrs they open their books. I have her down as value down to about the 3/1 mark so anything bigger than this take it.

Selection: Allegria in the 4.00 Doncaster as a win only bet at the best price you can get.

Running total -2

Desert Command 7.30 Windsor

1 unit at 5/1

Our trainer is Andrew Balding who comes here with a 22% strike rate for a level stakes profit of £38.67p. He’s only one runner tomorrow and saddles up in the 7.30.

Desert Command comes into this race having missed out on a victory last time out over this distance by a length. He’s only been put up a lb for that effort and should be looking to improve further. Balding obviously likes his chances as he’s contested much better races than this and despite not getting into the winners enclosure he’s raced creditably. He’s overpriced at the current 5/1 and warrants a win bet. He’s 9/4 in my book.

Good luck

Poste Restante comes into this having disappointed as the favourite last time out at Brighton. She’d come into that race off a 5 lb rise and I think the tactics of the race didn’t go to plan. She was left a little too late by pilot Lewis Walsh but still displayed an excellent turn of foot to come on for third. She’d won more than comfortably the time before that hence the 5 lb rise. She should improve for her run last time out and we should see her settle into her new mark tomorrow. The step up in trip should be an advantage given her turn of foot last time out and the extra 2 furlongs should see her see this one out.