Mrwins selections for August

mrwin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Secular Society comes into this having won by 2 lengths at Brighton last time out. Upon watching the race his best turn of foot comes in the opening stages of the race to come on strongly 2 furlongs out. It’s interesting then that he’s entered into this 7 furlong contest today. He’s been put up 4 lbs for that last effort and is in better company but having considered his last race and the style at which he ran I think the distance looks to be well suited to him. Anyhow I’m willing to give him a chance and the 12/1 looks too big to me as although unproven over 7 furlongs I’ve put him in as an 8/1 shot. It is a competitive looking affair however so I will ere on the side of caution and go e/w about him.

Selection: Secular Society in the 3.50 Brighton at 12/1 with Corals for an e/w bet.

1 unit e/w at 12s

Terrible today,never got a run for our money but that's racing!

-3.25 running total

Hopefully put us in front tomorrow with the following

1.75 units win only at 7/2

Looking through the Yarmouth cards and our trainer that stands out is Ed Walker who comes to the track looking to maintain his impressive 40% strike rate for a level stakes profit of £49.04p. He’s two runners at the course but the one I’m interested in goes in the 4.30.

Kinema has improved on every run since entering handicap company and finished within half a length on his last outing at Pontefract. He has been put up 4 lbs for that effort but with every chance of further improvement he should be going close again tomorrow. Luke Morris takes the helm again and will know the job in hand to get our mount over the line. He’s overpriced at 7/2 as I have him down as a 5/2 shot so it’ll be a win only bet for me.

Selection: Kinema in the 4.30 Yarmouth at 7/2 with Bet365 for a win only bet.

No joy again today as Kinema took his time to get into the race by which time it was too late to make any kind of impression. Not a lot we can do about that and we move onto tomorrow where I think I’ve found a little gem running at Musselburgh in the afternoon.

The man to follow at the Scottish track is Richard Fahey who comes here with a 24% strike rate for a level stakes profit of £75.66p. He’s three runners at the course but the one we’re interested in runs in the 3.30.

Khelman comes into this race off top weight and although completely out classed last time out in a class 2 he should find this race a lot easier. He won the time before that at Hamilton under a superb ride by 3 lb claiming jockey George Chaloner who takes the helm in tomorrow’s race. He’d looked to be a progressive sort before that apart from being out classed last time and I’m confident he can come on even further now back in class 4 company. He’s over priced at 10/1 and should around the 5/1 mark in my book so on that basis I’m going in for the win.

Selection: Khelman in the 3.30 Musselburgh with Coral for a win only bet.

1 unit e/w

To leave a running total of 3 units

Good luck

No joy again today as Kinema took his time to get into the race by which time it was too late to make any kind of impression. Not a lot we can do about that and we move onto tomorrow where I think I’ve found a little gem running at Musselburgh in the afternoon.

The man to follow at the Scottish track is Richard Fahey who comes here with a 24% strike rate for a level stakes profit of £75.66p. He’s three runners at the course but the one we’re interested in runs in the 3.30.

Khelman comes into this race off top weight and although completely out classed last time out in a class 2 he should find this race a lot easier. He won the time before that at Hamilton under a superb ride by 3 lb claiming jockey George Chaloner who takes the helm in tomorrow’s race. He’d looked to be a progressive sort before that apart from being out classed last time and I’m confident he can come on even further now back in class 4 company. He’s over priced at 10/1 and should around the 5/1 mark in my book so on that basis I’m going in for the win.

Selection: Khelman in the 3.30 Musselburgh with Coral for a win only bet.

1 unit e/w

To leave a running total of 3 units

Good luck

Nice winner today :-))

Hope we all took 10s or bigger as it touched 12s

Running total 17 units

:-)

Cruise Tothelimit 4.55 Redcar

Cruise Tothelimet comes here having disappointed last time out but conditions looked against him as the ground was heavy. After showing some blistering pace to lead early on the ground found him out and he faded in the closing stages. However going through his previous three runs he seemed to be showing improvement and on faster ground. He’s got the right conditions today and is more than capable off his current mark of 79. He’s massively over-priced at the current 14/1. He’s actually the Racing Post’s tissue’s favourite and I couldn’t agree more. Although I have him down as a 7/1 shot the race itself does look wide open so I’m pulling my punting boots on with caution and going e/w about him.

Selection: Cruise Tothelimit in the 4.55 Redcar at 14/1 with BetVictor for an e/w bet.

1 unit e/w

Good luck

Cruise Tothelimit 4.55 Redcar

Cruise Tothelimet comes here having disappointed last time out but conditions looked against him as the ground was heavy. After showing some blistering pace to lead early on the ground found him out and he faded in the closing stages. However going through his previous three runs he seemed to be showing improvement and on faster ground. Hes got the right conditions today and is more than capable off his current mark of 79. Hes massively over-priced at the current 14/1. Hes actually the Racing Posts tissues favourite and I couldnt agree more. Although I have him down as a 7/1 shot the race itself does look wide open so Im pulling my punting boots on with caution and going e/w about him.

Selection: Cruise Tothelimit in the 4.55 Redcar at 14/1 with BetVictor for an e/w bet.

1 unit e/w

Good luck

Any thoughts on Newmarket today,Mr W?

Me and ma missus are here but yesterdays torrents have fecked the summer form book up and my confidence has taken a smack!

The only "good thing" I've got left is Arabian Queen.

Any thoughts on Newmarket today,Mr W?

Me and ma missus are here but yesterdays torrents have fecked the summer form book up and my confidence has taken a smack!

The only "good thing" I've got left is Arabian Queen.

Haha

The only one I fancy is Winter Moon in the same race!!!!

Good luck :-))

Irish trainer Adrian Paul Keatley has a 75% strike record at Ayr.

He sends another three out today but the one that looks overpriced to me runs on the 4.30.

Lady Ranger disappointed on her last run over in Ireland although I feel the ground found her out on that occasion. She’s had two runs on British soil and won a similar handicap on softer ground at Chepstow back in May. She’s running off bottom weight and looks very well treated in this race. I’ve got the filly down as a 4/1 shot so the 13/2 looks to be good value for a win only bet.

Selection: Lady Ranger in the 4.30 Ayr at 13/2 Hills for a win only bet.

I unit win leaves a running total o f 11units :-)

Irish trainer Adrian Paul Keatley has a 75% strike record at Ayr.

He sends another three out today but the one that looks overpriced to me runs on the 4.30.

Lady Ranger disappointed on her last run over in Ireland although I feel the ground found her out on that occasion. She’s had two runs on British soil and won a similar handicap on softer ground at Chepstow back in May. She’s running off bottom weight and looks very well treated in this race. I’ve got the filly down as a 4/1 shot so the 13/2 looks to be good value for a win only bet.

Selection: Lady Ranger in the 4.30 Ayr at 13/2 Hills for a win only bet.

I unit win leaves a running total o f 11units :-)

2nd at 10/1:-(

Rich Again 2.45 Carlisle 13/2

1 unit win

2nd at 10/1:-(

Rich Again 2.45 Carlisle 13/2

1 unit win

Rich Again disappointed last time out after fluffing the start but should improve for that run. Having looked to be the progressive sort before that race and winning in better company than he finds himself in today he’s given the chance to get this one in the bag. Fanning takes the helm and he’s been riding out of his skin at the moment. He looks overpriced at the current 13/2 as I have him down as a 4/1 shot. It’ll be a win only bet.

Good luck:-)

Richard Hughes tomorrow at Salisbury :-))

Trying to type all his runners in is a nightmare on the IPad!!!

5 runners

1 unit to win on each

(4)

342 Moonvoy

3 9-0 J Noseda R Hughes 0/0 best opening price

(5)

11-2364 Mystery Drama

4 9-12 A King R Hughes 15/2

(4)

101-544 Producer

5 9-0 Richard Hannon R Hughes 11/2

(4)

431441 Ada Lovelace (ex6)

4 9-13 J Gallagher R Hughes 5/2

(6)

4-21351 Sebastian Beach (IRE)

3 9-7 Richard Hannon R Hughes 4/1

Richard Hughes tomorrow at Salisbury :-))

Trying to type all his runners in is a nightmare on the IPad!!!

5 runners

1 unit to win on each

(4)

342 Moonvoy

3 9-0 J Noseda R Hughes 0/0 best opening price

(5)

11-2364 Mystery Drama

4 9-12 A King R Hughes 15/2

(4)

101-544 Producer

5 9-0 Richard Hannon R Hughes 11/2

(4)