Mrwins selections for August

mrwin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our trainer is Patrick Chamings and he comes here with a strike rate of 22% for a level stakes profit of £5.88p. He’s also coming into form of late and with two runners here the one he saddles up in the 4.30 is of interest.

Double Czech comes into this race off the back of a win last time out at Chepstow. He won by three and a half lengths and improved massively for being dropped back to the 6 furlongs. He has been put up 7 lbs for that effort but coming into this company he looks very well treated off a mark of 72. Conditions look to be ideal tomorrow and he’s overpriced at 6/1 as I have him down as a 7/2 shot so it’ll be a win only bet for me.

Selection: Double Czech in the 4.30 Newbury at 6/1 with Bet365 for a win only bet.

1 unit win

Our trainer is Patrick Chamings and he comes here with a strike rate of 22% for a level stakes profit of £5.88p. He’s also coming into form of late and with two runners here the one he saddles up in the 4.30 is of interest.

Double Czech comes into this race off the back of a win last time out at Chepstow. He won by three and a half lengths and improved massively for being dropped back to the 6 furlongs. He has been put up 7 lbs for that effort but coming into this company he looks very well treated off a mark of 72. Conditions look to be ideal tomorrow and he’s overpriced at 6/1 as I have him down as a 7/2 shot so it’ll be a win only bet for me.

Selection: Double Czech in the 4.30 Newbury at 6/1 with Bet365 for a win only bet.

1 unit win

Pish!!

Sleepy Sioux looked to be outclassed on paper in her last race at Sandown but actually was running a good race when something clearly went a miss. We’ll forgive her that run and go back to the time before when she won comfortably at Windsor. She displayed an electric turn of foot to take the lead and land the spoils by 2 and a quarter lengths. She’s got a valuable 3 lb claimer on board and looks well treated in this race. She’s proven her worth on any ground in the past and has won a race in better company than this. There are a few contenders in this race but I can’t ignore her at the tasty price of 20/1 but will of course be going each way about her.

Selection: Sleepy Sioux in the 4.50 Doncaster at 20/1 with BetVictor for an e/w bet.

1 unit e/w

CRAGGAKNOCK can go well at Pontefract today (2.45) with the ground hopefully not against him this time. He looked several steps ahead of the handicapper when winning over this course and distance two outings ago, and the time of that race was excellent, whilst the runner-up, who was nine lengths clear of the third, won next time. Craggaknock couldn't build on that effort at Thirsk last time, but that race was run in dreadful conditions, the ground already very testing after heavy rain by that stage, and he might be able to bounce back this afternoon. He's unlikely to get an easy lead, but he probably doesn't have to dominate, and although Alex Vino looks very progressive and is a worthy favourite, he has to give over a stone to Craggaknock, who has the advantage of already having shown that this track suits very well.

11/2

1 unit win

Good luck

La Bacouetteuse is a horses for courses gelding and loves it round here. He’s won 31% of his races when going here and tomorrow looks likely to increase that tally. He won here 11 days ago in conditions identical to what he’ll get tomorrow. He’s got the more than capable jockey Conner Beasley on board who claims 3 lbs and puts him back on his last winning mark. All in all he’s massively over-priced at the current 8/1. I’ll be going in for the win on this one.

Selection: La Bacouetteuse in the 3.55 Musselburgh at 8/1 Bet365 for a win only bet.

1 unit win

:-)

Hooded comes here having made a decent crack at a 12 furlong handicap at Ascot at the end of last month. He finished just half a length behind Our Gabrial who went on to win the Shergar Cup at Ascot earlier this month. On that form he should be impressive after a suitable lay off and conditions look ideal for him to take this. He’s over-priced at the current 4/1 and looks good for a win only bet.

Selection: Hooded in the 5.50 Goodwood

Double for today

2 units

:-)

Fujin would be ignored by most punters but having looked at his last run he started to show some promise with cheek pieces applied for the first time. He took a keen hold and led for most of the way only to fade in the closing stages. That was in class 5 company and he drops into a class 6 today. I think he’ll be open to improvement and will come on for that last run just 9 days ago. If they can settle him in the race he should be going thereabouts and at 14/1 can’t be ignored. It is a competitive race so I’ll stick with the each way bet.

Selection: Fujin in the 4.35 Beverley at 14/1 with Sky Bet for an e/w bet.

1 unit e/w

Unison has improved on both his previous starts and went onto win over this course and distance last time out. He won by half a length that day and the extra 5 lbs shouldn’t be a problem as I think he’s open to more improvement still. Steve Drowne takes the ride again and he’ll know the job in hand. Unison has won on the soft ground before as well so with conditions looking spot on it’ll be a win only bet at the overpriced 5/1. I think he should be closer to 3/1.

Selection: Unison in the 4.05 at Ffos Las at 5/1 with Corals for a win only bet.

1 unit win :-)

Costello riding for Quinn today in the first at Stratford.

Clocked that last night, and messaged a couple of people about it... Seemed like a stick-on that one, third of three jumps rules juveniles they've had out over the past few days and looked like the best. Tuesday's was supposed to win, just came up against a better horse. Only got 11/8 today tho, forgot about it until about 20 mins before post time.

Starting proceedings then as normal and it’s Johnathan Geake that takes the limelight today as he comes to the course with a 25% strike rate for a level stakes profit of £23.50p. He’s three runners at the course tomorrow but the one he saddles in the 5.15 is of interest.

Glens Wobbly comes here having won over this course and distance last time out. He won by half a length that day and was only put up 2 lbs for that effort. In fact it was that win that lost the jockey his 5 lb claim and that jockey Philip Prince only claims 3 lbs today. He was in better company last time out in a class 5 and finds himself in a class 6 today so everything points toward a competitive run once again. He looks well overpriced in this race at the current 7/1 and is worth a win only bet.

Selection: Glens Wobbly in the 5.15 Bath at 7/1 with Hills for a win only bet.

1 unit win

Good luck :-)