***Rangers v Hibernian***

G.E.C.

Where do you start after watching that....

Positives first-- we won,. Temps looked good when he came on.

Negatives- Kenny has lost his explosive pace. Kris looks totally unfit. .

If we have any proper coaches or dieticians they must get to work on Kris Boyd! He is not old but to watch him you'd think he was forty.

Where do you start after watching that....

Positives first-- we won,. Temps looked good when he came on.

Negatives- Kenny has lost his explosive pace. Kris looks totally unfit. .

If we have any proper coaches or dieticians they must get to work on Kris Boyd! He is not old but to watch him you'd think he was forty.

Boyd has never lived the life of a professional athlete and there is no chance of that changing now. Found out when he stepped outside his West of Scotland comfort zone.

Last on the training ground and first off.

Yeah Boyd was isolated tonight in particular, but on the other hand we haven't had someone to link the play like Miller for a good while. Boyd being isolated could be rectified by playing someone more offensively minded to push up when Miller drops off - maybe with Templeton on the wing coming inside to play just off Boyd by moving into the number ten role. Tonight who did we have who could push on? Too right it's frightening. Law is too deep and for every game Black plays well there's about ten where he contributes little. I wish Law would play a lot higher up the pitch but again it goes back to how we play so deep to compensate a certain lack of pace at the back.

templeton in the number 10 role means we lack width, its a difficult one to choose as on a big pitch like tonight you either have templeton isolating the fullback, regularly beating him which allows a cross into the box, or else another player double teams temps, leaving a gap for others to run into

Law higher up the park wont work imo because he is an absolutely lazy bastard, i honestly cannot remember him putting in a tackle, for a centre mid thats shocking

i said it on another thread, id have hutton and macleod in centre mid

dissappointing performance , not sure what happened formation looked good , we started well scored should have had another , then we went flat , no service what so ever to our forwards , then at times we held on without offering any kind of reply totheir pressure , the defence for me are not committed enough , and too often they are happy to let the attackers win the first touch , not sure if this is a tactic of Ally , telling our defence not to jump in and commit either way , its not the way i like to see a defence play..

on the positives its a win against one of our main rivals this year , and a wake up call or should be , that they will have to work for results this year

Think our eventual victory was less to do with them going down to 10 and more to do with Bell stopping hoofing the ball up the pitch at every goal kick. Between our goal and their equaliser he did this 11 times going to a Hibs player each time and inviting them on to us again. What a difference when we started playing from the back and holding possession. Few got pass marks today but would like to give a mention to Foster who was my man of the match. Not a fan but credit where it's due.

eh .... need to improve

> I get we don't have the energy , athleticism and players to go for a proper pressing game, but fucking hell even if you're gonna stand off by and large, you still need to know that there are times where we'll have to press. a good few times we cut out passing lanes and backed hibs into a right area , from there press them and it's job done, but we stayed off and let them play out.

> Need to be quicker and more decisive on the break if we're really gonna go for this 352.

> wing backs need to carry the ball more. midfield need to provide a short ball when they do. Wallace isolated way to often. Speaking of Wallace , just me or was he well off the pace ?

> Black has no place in a 352. Temps in as the focal point, Law has to be more disciplined, would rather we let Macleod roam. At times both of them went going and either overloaded the final third or they just went together and it gave us yet another flat straight line.

> Miller and Boyd have to improve for me.

> We're out tonight if not for the sending off.

I was impressed with Stubbs in an earlier interview. Seemed a very humble bloke with tons of respect for Rangers. I thought he did really well with his players - good discipline, getting them to pass the ball about - much better than we could, and the guy that was sent off accepted his punishment without arguing and yelling at the ref. Showed respect. I wish them luck this year, just not against us.

Just because there are some folk at every club who like to throw their hatred about, doesn't mean they're all like that. I respect the respectful and can give stick back to the doughballs when necessary.

I wish Black would stop with the Hollywood passes...

Hollywood passes? that useless cunt couldn't do Hollyrood passes; although I suppose Hollywood is a place for people who play characters they are not.

Why we signed that imposter of a player astounds me.

I was impressed with Stubbs in an earlier interview. Seemed a very humble bloke with tons of respect for Rangers. I thought he did really well with his players - good discipline, getting them to pass the ball about - much better than we could, and the guy that was sent off accepted his punishment without arguing and yelling at the ref. Showed respect. I wish them luck this year, just not against us.

Just because there are some folk at every club who like to throw their hatred about, doesn't mean they're all like that. I respect the respectful and can give stick back to the doughballs when necessary.

Watched his interview at half-time last night, came across as a very focused person who knows how he wants his team to play. Possession of the ball is important but has to have a purpose. They dictated the play from 10 minutes until the red card without doing anything exceptional imo.

Watched his interview at half-time last night, came across as a very focused person who knows how he wants his team to play. Possession of the ball is important but has to have a purpose. They dictated the play from 10 minutes until the red card without doing anything exceptional imo.

I know, they didn't need to do anything exceptional, as we kept passing the ball to them all the time.

We will probably start well, get the first goal, sit back. Second half the other team comes out with the nothing to lose attitude and goes for it. Its the same all the time. We end up sitting back and never seem to just go for the jugular until we lose that equaliser and we are a completely different team. If we lose a goal when we are already 2-0 up its just as bad because the other team gets all that confidence and you think we are gonna blow a comfortable position and its normally chance after chance for the other team. The amount of games we've had like that the last 2 years have been unreal.

Have we really become that predictable...