Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

People are seriously doubting Hearts this season if they think we'll romp the league.

We'll be lucky to get a draw next Sunday, they really are hitting some good form and racking up good results.

We've got no form and no good performances at all in pre-season, aside the games behind closed doors.

Pre season games count for nothing really. Judge the team this week when the competitive stuff starts.

I was at the game on saturday, and Rangers were really bad. But im still confident we'll romp the league this year. Even with Ally Mourinho in charge.

Pre season games count for nothing really. Judge the team this week when the competitive stuff starts.

I was at the game on saturday, and Rangers were really bad. But im still confident we'll romp the league this year. Even with Ally Mourinho in charge.

They've already played a competitive game (Hearts). Whats the difference with a friendly in between two competitive games other than telling the players it doesn't matter if they lose? Any fringe players given the chance will be dying to prove they can get back in the team for the competitive game a few days later. Id worry about how my team was playing 3 or 4 days before the first competitive game even if it was a friendly.

I actually agree with most of what you have said. The squad has improved year on year undoubtedly, and with the exception of one or two (McCulloch) I believe they are all good players. I think we are the most likely to win the League and certainly hope we do. But I think our coaching staff are rotten and individuals have not performed as well as they should have over the last few years, which shows up the most in the one-offs i.e. cups. I genuinely don't think McCoist would get a top job anywhere else, and hence he should not be where he is.

I suppose it's the contradictions in that statement I find slightly frustrating - you admit the squad and performances have improved year on year and yet give no credit to the management for that - and one off games are just that - one off's its why we all love the cups, you never know what will happen on the day. also it's not like we have lost EVERY cup game we have played, its just we have not won any cups.

Anyway this week will be interesting! Looking forward to it!

Mourinho's 'grind it out' style is hardly comparable - he's been up against the likes of Barca, Man City, Man Utd and Juventus who all have similar (if not better) resources / facilities. We've been up against two divisions worth of part-time footballers who wages combined wouldn't cover Ally's. There is absolutely no justifiable reason why our football couldn't be more attacking and attractive to watch.

.. at an average of 2.5 goals per game more than the opposition in the league last year it seems we must have been attacking quite well and I find scoring goals is what I like to see so was happy enough while not being ecstatic about it - but it was no-where near as brutal as some would make out.

Some of the comments in this post are totally out of order and look like they've been made by a bunch of frightened old women

Sadly it now seems to be the accepted norm for a lot of people to contemptuously mock and ridicule anything to do with our current management and playing staff.

Sometimes constructive criticism results in a proactive progression towards improvement, not all this unnecessary derogatory crap that's being continuously spouted from certain individuals with their negative attitude who regularly post on here.

How can anyone, like some of these doom mongers, predict with any certainty what will happen in two weeks time never mind six months.

OK, to say the least, the football has been exasperating to watch at times just like so many other games Iv'e watched even long before Ally came on the scene and certainly his management ability has left a lot to be desired, but come on guys, show a little bit more respect, he is still the Manager of Glasgow Rangers.

show a little bit more respect, he is still the Manager of Glasgow Rangers.

we'll show him the same respect that eck and PLG were given

no man will ever be bigger than Rangers, that includes ally, he is rotten at his job and his time is up imo, so i will continually debate my side of the coin

I suppose it's the contradictions in that statement I find slightly frustrating - you admit the squad and performances have improved year on year and yet give no credit to the management for that

agree, ally and co deserve credit for pointing out a better quality of player that was out of contract, performances didnt improve because of any coaching method or change of style from ally, we simply paid for a better class of bosman player

we replaced sandaza, kyle and cribari with moshni, law and daly, no even ally could fuck that up

and one off games are just that - one off's its why we all love the cups, you never know what will happen on the day. also it's not like we have lost EVERY cup game we have played, its just we have not won any cups.

fantastic, a big round of applause for ally who guided his team to some memorable cup victories over the likes of forres mechanics, east fife, and berwick rangers

lets just simply forget the disasters against dundee united 3 times in 3 years, falkirk, forfar and a list of other cup embarrassments

he cannot even manage a team full of professionals and mostly ex premiership players to a fucking ramsdens cup thats populated by mostly part time teams

Ally's record against full time teams is abysmal

"aye well jose plays world class players out of position, so that justifies ally playing second rate scottish players in alien positions"

:lol:

"Jose played Eden Hazard & Cristiano Ronaldo out of position, surely aht means Ally McCoist can play Sebastian Faure n Richard Foster ooty position"

"Jose played Eden Hazard & Cristiano Ronaldo out of position, surely aht means Ally McCoist can play Sebastian Faure n Richard Foster ooty position"

feel sorry for foster tbh, ally keeps playing him out of position at right back, foster has never played right back in his life

World Class players can usually play anywhere to a decent standard you find...

What we have however is bang average at best players so playing them in various different positions is just not going to have the same effect making the whole "Well Jose, SAF ect have done it" a pile of rubbish.

As a decent manager you should know your players capabilities or lack of and McCoist just keeps making the same schoolboy errors week after week without actually acknowledging his mistakes. I’m not sure if it’s sheer stubbornness or just a lack of the basics of management….either way it’s very worrying.

Shouldn't weil paid professionals be able to do a shift in any position, Davy Wilson played left wing centre forward and left back he excelled in every one, particulatily when he took over from Eric Caldow in the famous Wembley game, Davy did in fact play in every forward position for The Rangers as well as left back.

Puts the woozes of today to shame.

World Class players can usually play anywhere to a decent standard you find...

What we have however is bang average at best players so playing them in various different positions is just not going to have the same effect making the whole "Well Jose, SAF ect have done it" a pile of rubbish.

As a decent manager you should know your players capabilities or lack of and McCoist just keeps making the same schoolboy errors week after week without actually acknowledging his mistakes. I'm not sure if it's sheer stubbornness or just a lack of the basics of management….either way it's very worrying.

Fucking annoys me when Ally gives his excuses to the media, it's all pish. He doesn't even acknowledge the errors, he just says stuff like "The lads were a wee bit off today", "aw it was windy", "need more money to strengthen".

He should be coming out with his hands up saying.

"Look guys, I put the wrong team out, I picked players that weren't capable in the wrong positions, We keep trying this highball nonsense, and I've yet to realize it doesn't work."

First step he needs to get his head round, is that he's constantly making mistakes. Can't learn from mistakes if he thinks the mistakes actually the correct way.

agree, ally and co deserve credit for pointing out a better quality of player that was out of contract, performances didnt improve because of any coaching method or change of style from ally, we simply paid for a better class of bosman player

we replaced sandaza, kyle and cribari with moshni, law and daly, no even ally could fuck that up

fantastic, a big round of applause for ally who guided his team to some memorable cup victories over the likes of forres mechanics, east fife, and berwick rangers

lets just simply forget the disasters against dundee united 3 times in 3 years, falkirk, forfar and a list of other cup embarrassments

he cannot even manage a team full of professionals and mostly ex premiership players to a fucking ramsdens cup thats populated by mostly part time teams

Ally's record against full time teams is abysmal

Iirc we haven't beat Dundee utd in the Scottish cup since the late 70s.

"aye well jose plays world class players out of position, so that justifies ally playing second rate scottish players in alien positions"

Who has he played in alien positions? Elfideldos blog describe Macleod as someone who can play on the wing as well as centrally and he is regarded by many on here as the authority on youths at the club.

I suppose it's the contradictions in that statement I find slightly frustrating - you admit the squad and performances have improved year on year and yet give no credit to the management for that - and one off games are just that - one off's its why we all love the cups, you never know what will happen on the day. also it's not like we have lost EVERY cup game we have played, its just we have not won any cups.

Anyway this week will be interesting! Looking forward to it!

No contradictions - I never said performances had improved.

I think the players are generally good players, I think the squad has improved, but Christ they have put together some pish performances. That's what I don't understand - how can players who are obviously good players put on the dire performances we have had to witness. Simple to me - the management aren't doing their job.

Iirc we haven't beat Dundee utd in the Scottish cup since the late 70s.

Something like that, iirc the last time we played them the commentator said 3 decades since Rangers beat them in the Scottish Cup. (Though that makes us look shite, cause we didn't play them every single time in the Scottish Cup during those years. Pretty sure we won a good number of those cups too!!)