Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

Just so I understand it, does that mean losing a cup game against a PL team matters, but winning one doesn't? Also, winning in the OF game doesn't count either?

It's very easy to understand "Alistair has lost every game that mattered" outside of two pub leagues with hobbyists for competition.

Let me know which part is confusing you.....better still tell us the crunch games he has won .....notwithstanding two gimmes...the pub leagues.

Malmo.... Maribor..... Falkirk.... Dundee United (X2).... Queen of the South.... Inverness...... Forfar...... Albion Rovers..... Raith Rovers.

Ally's skillset clearly doesn't fit with football management. But I've long been a vocal supporter of keeping him until such time as he was holding us back on our journey- let's face it, the Rangers Manager's job has been 99% non-football related for a while now. I've maintained that despite the poor on-field showings, he has been holding us together behind the scenes.

This has now changed. The presence of Hibs and Hearts in the Championship, plus the perceptible settling down of the boardroom issues, mean I now favour a change. Not being comfortable with saying this without naming my preferred replacement, I'd have to say Billy Davies should be among the front-runners. Not in an ideal world, but he's clearly got the skills, and his circumstances are such that I believe we could be good for each others' futures.

So thanks Ally, you've done a job nobody else would or could have, and have been a key part in getting us back to our rightful place. We still need you on our side too, just not in the dugout.

Our esteemed manager lost my respect when he let down a war veteran repeatedly yet found time to attend the Onion Bears' end of season bash and let them brown nose him.

He has said keeping his mates in a job is what matters to him, he continually lies about his wages and his new safety net if sacked, he finds time for a karaoke party hours after a shameful result against Raith whilst the rest of us are ashamed and skint after the day, he plays his mates when they are gash at the expense of our youngsters, he takes home the highest wage in Scotland knowing every single manager in Scotland is better than him and then when he attended the fans meeting with Stockbridge and Mathers once he realised he wasn't getting criticism his prior engagement suddenly gets forgotten. He plays us all for fools, sadly a few clowns on here and the Duper Dally brigade in BF1 allow him to manipulate our club.

He has held us back for long enough, get to fuck McCoist.

And to think someone has accused people like you of character assassination, extraordinary.

Our esteemed manager lost my respect when he let down a war veteran repeatedly yet found time to attend the Onion Bears' end of season bash and let them brown nose him.

He has said keeping his mates in a job is what matters to him, he continually lies about his wages and his new safety net if sacked, he finds time for a karaoke party hours after a shameful result against Raith whilst the rest of us are ashamed and skint after the day, he plays his mates when they are gash at the expense of our youngsters, he takes home the highest wage in Scotland knowing every single manager in Scotland is better than him and then when he attended the fans meeting with Stockbridge and Mathers once he realised he wasn't getting criticism his prior engagement suddenly gets forgotten. He plays us all for fools, sadly a few clowns on here and the Duper Dally brigade in BF1 allow him to manipulate our club.

Dont sit on the fence will you, its hard to disagree though, what was the war vet tale?

Iy's very easy to understand "Alistair has lost every game that mattered" outside of two pub leagues with hobbyists for competition.

Let me know which part is confusing you.....better still tell us the crunch games he has won .....notwithstanding two gimmes...the pub leagues.

I though the Motherwell game in the league cup mattered. I thought winning the last OF game at Ibrox mattered. I believe you only think that the defeats matter.

Pretty fucked up and warped opinion and I disagree!

Its just a matter of time before the Ally GTF chants start unless he adopts attacking football tactics. The vast majority of fans are sick of an incompetent manager who is drawing a wage way above what his competence deserves.

Lets be honest if Ally had been manager of Dundee or the Accies he would probably have got them relegated rather than promoted.

It's not as simple as people unhappy at a one off loss, you already know that though.

I'm living in the real world though where friendly results mean fuck all.

Real test comes when we play it for real in the Scottish Second Division (sic). Ally will be manager all the way to the Premier League, unless he truly fucks up big style. (Could happen but unlikely imo). Once we are back in Premier its a whole new ball game.

I think the vast majority of fans would keep Ally, dull football and all, if we were guaranteed promotion.

What changed my mind is that, despite our comparatively huge resources, my conviction that we'll romp home has all but disappeared.

We have not even kicked a ball in anger yet this season.

Lets see how he actually does against the opposition we will actually be facing every other week, before we top ourselves guys (tu)

if he gets two convincing wins in his next two games, then a lot of bad feelings will fall by the wayside.

If he fails to win either of the two matches he has coming up, then he will be under immense pressure ( and rightly so)

I though the Motherwell game in the league cup mattered. I thought winning the last OF game at Ibrox mattered. I believe you only think that the defeats matter.

Let's try and make it even easier for an obtuse legal (b)eagle such as yourself, crunch games win you things...........what exactly has Alistair with all the riches at his disposal won for us....again notwithstanding two pub leagues anyone's granny would have won,...shouldn't tax you to much but there again it probably will. (tu)

I'm living in the real world though where friendly results mean fuck all.

Real test comes when we play it for real in the Scottish Second Division (sic). Ally will be manager all the way to the Premier League, unless he truly fucks up big style. (Could happen but unlikely imo). Once we are back in Premier its a whole new ball game.

As i said before this isn't as simple as people unhappy at this result, so not sure why you've even bothered to say that.

He's had plenty of tests 'for real' and hasn't exactly excelled.

Anytime I read an interview by McCoist I cringe.

The way he talks it's like we're a mid table club scared of everyone.

Well have enough to compete with Hibs. Away and shite! Get some fire in your belly. Demand we see off Hibs!

Have to agree.... We should be scaring teams not making them out to be better than they are.

its as if he wants to start everygame as the underdog. Need to have some balls and a bit of a fear factor.

Let's try and make it even easier for an obtuse legal (b)eagle such as yourself, crunch games win you things...........what exactly has Alistair with all the riches at his disposal won for us....again notwithstanding two pub leagues anyone's granny would have won,...shouldn't tax you to much but there again it probably will. (tu)

You want me to tell you which of the only games that matter (because that was where you started, you introduced crunch games later) that you have defined as only being defeats, we have won?

Absolutely mental over-reaction to a pre-season friendly loss away to a team that just missed out on a premiership place and whose players play consistently at a higher level than most of our current crop ever have or could ever dream of.

And whatever your personal opinion of the manager, just remember it wasn't him who was responsible for us dropping down the leagues, losing all our players and being left trying to encourage others who would never ever normally get anywhere near a Rangers shirt in normal circumstances to come and play in a footballing backwater. That's where we are, and with very average players because that's all we can afford. Reality check needed for plenty in this thread it seems.

It can also mean that every day he comes in to work, he has a year left on his contract.

My understanding is that this is correct and should not be confused by a annual contract renewable

I think a previous poster is correct that Ally must be given till Chtistmas to be judged.

Actually, just reading this thread the obtusity and ignorance is from posters like you. One would think you had an agenda.

Absolutely mental over-reaction to a pre-season friendly loss away to a team that just missed out on a premiership place and whose players play consistently at a higher level than most of our current crop ever have or could ever dream of.

And whatever your personal opinion of the manager, just remember it wasn't him who was responsible for us dropping down the leagues, losing all our players and being left trying to encourage others who would never ever normally get anywhere near a Rangers shirt in normal circumstances to come and play in a footballing backwater. That's where we are, and with very average players because that's all we can afford. Reality check needed for plenty in this thread it seems.

Sensible points, but I don't think most on here have come to their views based solely on the last match.

For me, all that matters is promotion. We should absolutely walk this league. Question most are pondering is "Does Ally make promotion more of less likely?". Ally's a hero to me, and I believe promotion still probable, but if there was a proven manager knocking on our door...