Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

We have not even kicked a ball in anger yet this season.

Lets see how he actually does against the opposition we will actually be facing every other week, before we top ourselves guys (tu)

if he gets two convincing wins in his next two games, then a lot of bad feelings will fall by the wayside.

If he fails to win either of the two matches he has coming up, then he will be under immense pressure ( and rightly so)

The fact that we haven kicked a ball in anger is irrelevant to many. He should of gone last April and we won't stop clamouring for him to go until he does.

Absolutely mental over-reaction to a pre-season friendly loss away to a team that just missed out on a premiership place and whose players play consistently at a higher level than most of our current crop ever have or could ever dream of.

And whatever your personal opinion of the manager, just remember it wasn't him who was responsible for us dropping down the leagues, losing all our players and being left trying to encourage others who would never ever normally get anywhere near a Rangers shirt in normal circumstances to come and play in a footballing backwater. That's where we are, and with very average players because that's all we can afford. Reality check needed for plenty in this thread it seems.

But the Ramsens Cup! Won't someone consider how devastated future generations will be when we don't have several Ramsdens Cup wins to celebrate alongside 9iar and Barca 72!

Absolutely mental over-reaction to a pre-season friendly loss away to a team that just missed out on a premiership place and whose players play consistently at a higher level than most of our current crop ever have or could ever dream of.

And whatever your personal opinion of the manager, just remember it wasn't him who was responsible for us dropping down the leagues, losing all our players and being left trying to encourage others who would never ever normally get anywhere near a Rangers shirt in normal circumstances to come and play in a footballing backwater. That's where we are, and with very average players because that's all we can afford. Reality check needed for plenty in this thread it seems.

Average to good players and a terrible manager make for terribly boring football.

Actually, just reading this thread the obtusity and ignorance is from posters like you. One would think you had an agenda.

Claiming people want him sacked over one result, when 2 years of abysmal results and performances have been referenced repeatedly, is the literal definition of ignorance and obtusity.

Considering you've read the thread I'll have to assume its wilful obtusity and ignorace.

Which ironically would suggest an agenda.

2 out of 11.

The fact that we haven kicked a ball in anger is irrelevant to many. He should of gone last April and we won't stop clamouring for him to go until he does.

in that case, RM is going to be as unbearable as the football on the pitch.

But the Ramsens Cup! Won't someone consider how devastated future generations will be when we don't have several Ramsdens Cup wins to celebrate alongside 9iar and Barca 72!

There wont be future generations if they have to continue to put up with shite football.

On problem with results and performances like Derby yesterday and the pre-season lacklustre (a kind description) performances is that there is an inevitable expectation that SPFL quality players should perform to the level we think they should be capable of as individuals and as a team. That expectation draws on our history of success and of the quality of players we have had the honour to see playing for Rangers. And they fail to do so.

Another problem may well be the anxiety that on recent (end of last season) and current pre-season showing this expensively paid squad and the Manager just might not have it their lockers to deliver promotion this season. The thought of more than one season in the Championship is not a thought any of us wants to entertain. So Supporters (rightly in my view) look for a quality of performance and inspiration from the squad and the Manager. And so far in some measure it appears to me to be very lacking. Even Club website reports of pre-season games speak of or hint of disappointment in performances and results.

Today Nicky Law talks about setting a tone. Which is another way of saying the team needs to do more. A lot more if it really wants to set the right markers. it's a pity more had not been done on this during pre-season. Personally, I think the Club took on too much in the N.American tour with huge distances travelled and injuries picked up en route with little quality recovery time. It seems playing with a sole striker remains the favoured option, and it has revealed more acutely big deficiencies in defence despite new signings. It certainly is not the quality of Rangers team we have been used to seeing for the past few decades. We want to get back to what we were used to seeing and the current crop are not able to deliver that. They are what they are - mainly journeymen who can do a job. Could they be built into a team that inspires, into players with excellent selling potential? I struggle to see it the way things are going. Rangers is still as I understand it supposed to be a selling club - but it cannot seem to attract credible bids for players.

What's all this got to do with a thread about sacking the Manager now? Well they may be indicators of failings. Maybe even strong indicators. But so far each season since Div 3 the objective has been met - promotion. For this coming season the Review clearly states that the performance target for Season 2014/15 is Building a team and organisation to deliver the SPFL Championship in the first season in the division. If it became clear that the perfomance target was not going to be met, or was under sufficient threat of not being met then and only then do I think the Board would take steps to make changes. We are not at that point and may never reach that point. If the performances are ugly but promotion is won then this time next season we will be looking forward to SPFL games with Ally as Manager because he will have delivered on the objective.

The Board has found the funds to give him the players he wants (thus far) for this season. It could be that we do actually sell one or some players (or release them by mutual consent) so the squad could thin or if nobody goes it could yet become even more bloated if more players are added. I suspect Ally has had all of the backing he could reasonably have expected from the Board in terms of acquiring players for this season. If the team does not deliver or does not look like it will deliver then will be the time when Ally may well feel like many other football managers when the pressure comes not just from the terraces but from the men in suits on the Board who have to raise money for the football ambition. If the objective is not met then they may well be a whole lot more ruthless in their dealings than Ally is in getting the best out of this expensively paid squad. The time is not now - but around Christmas time and AGM time I would expect very close scrutiny from Supporters and the Board about the results obtained thus far.

How did you feel when we lost the final? We'll end up a complete laughing stock if we fail to win it for the 3rd season in a row.

You're a fucking cock though

You might not like or agree with his opinions. but its OTT abusing him like that.

He NEVER resorts to personal abuse, no matter how much is slung at him. if only others had the same decency then this pace would have a better atmosphere.

You might not like or agree with his opinions. but its OTT abusing him like that.

He NEVER resorts to personal abuse, no matter how much is slung at him. if only others had the same decency then this pace would have a better atmosphere.

Surrender monkey doesn't sound very decent.

Ally has set us back years , he has fucked us good and proper.

We had a great chance post admin to get our house in order, hes fucked it with shite players and shite tactics, added to the extortionate wages for those shite players and his own salary.

Can this mess be rectified?

Every cup matters. What's the point in playing in it if it doesn't?

The League Cup is the third trophy in Scotland but some of my finest memories of Rangers games are associated with that Cup. They do not feature lesser in my mind just because they weren't 9iar or Barca. I don't even remember Barca, I was too young.

The board and VB had a discussion about the season tickets sales and reasons for lower numbers. Two reasons, the Rebs and the manager. My two mates travel up from London every Friday night, go to the game on a Saturday and back down again on the Sunday morning. Both have not renewed because of the dreadful style of football and lack of entertainment.

Let's be honest, the board don't have the cash to get rid of the management team, it would cost millions. Everyone and anyone with even a smidgen of common sense knows McCoist would have been long gone under normal circumstances. One Vb said to the board his son didn't want to come back after the Albion Rovers game, to which the board member replied "I know how your son felt"

The board member if he is aware of the vast majority of fans feelings towards the manager should be doing something about it, GB should start a get Ally out fund, I would gladly donate.

What board member?