Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

Surrender monkey doesn't sound very decent.

Not in the same league. My comment was directed at half a thread of people. Not personal in the slightest.

The comment I quoted is personal abuse aimed at a specific member. Not allowed.

Not even sure why i bother justifying it.

You might not like or agree with his opinions. but its OTT abusing him like that.

He NEVER resorts to personal abuse, no matter how much is slung at him. if only others had the same decency then this pace would have a better atmosphere.

Telling people they hate a Rangers legend because they don't believe he is good enough as manager doesn't count as personal abuse, no?

Have to say Gogzy there are a lot of posters who get away with literal murder on a daily basis on here, all the while I've seen posters, such as Gunslinger, banned for the same or even less.

Taigs hate Mccoist, saying some hates Mccoist is basically calling them a taig.

Isn't there a rule against Taigusations?

Claiming people want him sacked over one result, when 2 years of abysmal results and performances have been referenced repeatedly, is the literal definition of ignorance and obtusity.

Considering you've read the thread I'll have to assume its wilful obtusity and ignorace.

Which ironically would suggest an agenda.

2 out of 11.

I think you've just emphasised the point. Loads of people think that just because we're Rangers it carries an automatic right for us to be the best. It doesn't work like that and it certainly didn't over the last 2 years. We've signed average players because it's all we can afford or encourage to come, and paying top dollar to get average is what we've had to do. Average players aren't what we'd normally call Rangers class but it's what we've been reduced to, and average players are prone to playing shite.

The only agenda I have is wanting us to be back at the top ASAP, I don't really care if it's pretty or not, I just want us ther. But I won't forget where we've been, the reasons that took us there and the obstacles that have been in our way for the last 2+ years.

Telling people they hate a Rangers legend because they don't believe he is good enough as manager doesn't count as personal abuse, no?

Have to say Gogzy there are a lot of posters who get away with literal murder on a daily basis on here, all the while I've seen posters, such as Gunslinger, banned for the same or even less.

I quite liked gunslinger but he was banned for a comment that should've got him banned in all honesty

Every cup matters. What's the point in playing in it if it doesn't?

The League Cup is the third trophy in Scotland but some of my finest memories of Rangers games are associated with that Cup. They do not feature lesser in my mind just because they weren't 9iar or Barca. I don't even remember Barca, I was too young.

It matters so much we get crowds circa 15-25k

I'm sure bears felt humiliated when we shipped 7 to the tims at Hampden too. Should've just closed the doors there and then. Save all this humiliation for you.

The relevance of something that happened 57 years ago please?

And your reaction to the Raith Rovers result was...

Can Admin not start a thread for all anti McCoist comments. RM is becoming a chore. So many threads end up with a McCoist hateathon.

I am not saying he is the greatest manager in the world but this is becoming exceedingly tedious.

I am not coming back till after the Hearts game.

Maybe then I will be on his case too but we havent even played a game yet.

1)Telling people they hate a Rangers legend because they don't believe he is good enough as manager doesn't count as personal abuse, no?

2)Have to say Gogzy there are a lot of posters who get away with literal murder on a daily basis on here, all the while I've seen posters, such as Gunslinger, banned for the same or even less.

3)Taigs hate Mccoist, saying some hates Mccoist is basically calling them a taig.

4) Isn't there a rule against Taigusations?

1)no it isn't, not even close.

2) you have no idea why gunslinger was banned, neither do you know why others were banned. Who gets away with "literal murder :lol: " on here, name names, or Pm me if you wish and we can discuss it.

3) no it isn't

4) yes there is and if you see someone breaking that rule then report them and staff will deal with it.

Got to go to work. to be continued.

I quite liked gunslinger but he was banned for a comment that should've got him banned in all honesty

I never liked him tbh.

He got banned for saying that but I remember both posters and admin saying they were sick of his posting style, which was patronising at best. Plenty of posters currently have the same style.

Constantly coming into threads like this and questioning people's motives for criticising the manager is quite clearly an attempt to stifle the debate and/or steer it away from the facts of the situation.

I like just about everyone else wanted Ally sacked after the Ramsdens cup final. The most painful thing about the whole situation is the fact that it's Ally McCoist,whatever you think about the man he is in every sense of the word,a legend for the club. He stood by us through thick and thin,but there's only so long he can play that card. I feel totally sick as a fucking dog for saying this but whatever happens this season its win/win for us as a support,we either get promoted and get back to the "big time" or we totally blow it and remain in the championship for another season,and if that were to happen Ally will get the boot.

Whether Ally likes it or not the football simply has to change this season,we're not going to be playing teams every week that are happy to sit with 11 men behind the ball,teams will be setting out to attack us. Logic dictates that to counter this we'll have to adapt by actually playing an attacking style of football instead of this 4-5-1 pish.

Not in the same league. My comment was directed at half a thread of people. Not personal in the slightest.

The comment I quoted is personal abuse aimed at a specific member. Not allowed.

Not even sure why i bother justifying it.

I do accept you have a tough job and I genuinely believe you do it very well.

From a personal point of view I know I can't alter my views or posting approach until Ally has gone and in view of the fact that it is pointless (and irritating for an audience who believe differently) to constantly post the same stuff I am going to self exclude myself from here until Ally is sacked or quits.

I'm sure most on here will be delighted. ;)

All the best

I think you've just emphasised the point. Loads of people think that just because we're Rangers it carries an automatic right for us to be the best. It doesn't work like that and it certainly didn't over the last 2 years. We've signed average players because it's all we can afford or encourage to come, and paying top dollar to get average is what we've had to do. Average players aren't what we'd normally call Rangers class but it's what we've been reduced to, and average players are prone to playing shite.

The only agenda I have is wanting us to be back at the top ASAP, I don't really care if it's pretty or not, I just want us ther. But I won't forget where we've been, the reasons that took us there and the obstacles that have been in our way for the last 2+ years.

Average SPL standard players playing shite in the SPL I'll accept, against part timers? Come on to fuck mate.

With the massive budget at his disposal why is your hero bringing in shit players?

Hero? My username gives a clue... :)

Have you forgotten we've been playing in the lower leagues in a footballing backwater? We've paid stupid money for average players to come to play because we've had to. You could say it came with a guarantee of promotion, or we could have taken a chance with the youth, but if we did, I reckon we'd be at best a division lower.

Against Derby he lined the team up negatively

Against Raith Rovers he lined the team up negatively.

Hutton and Black created nothing against Raith and nothing yesterday. Our sole striker was starved of service and chances. McLeod who is arguably our most creative midfielder is played wide instead of centrally.

That's where I am judging this clueless manager because he keeps making the same mistakes without learning from them.

He is negative in mindset and negative when speaking about the team and our opponents.

The example being when talking about Tuesday and the injuries to certain players. 'Take part' ...no wonder the players look devoid of real belief when he thinks we can take part.

It might not be a full one but it will certainly be a big and good enough one we feel to take part in Tuesday’s match.

He is without doubt the worst Rangers manager I have seen since Wallace in the mid 70's. Nothing and no one will convince me otherwise.